I am officially middle-aged.

1GoldenSun

DIS Veteran
I am starting to find the clothes at Costco quite cute. Bought a little polyester blend skort the other day, and some yoga mat flip flops, and I'm eying those sun hats like my Grandpa used to wear in the garden.

Aw, who am I kidding--I've been middle-aged for quite a while now.

I lie about my age; I have for a long time. :blush: For many years I stalled at 45 (and I think I sold it reasonably well). Now I actually round up and say I'm almost 60. It gets me way more "Wow - you look amazing" responses. :rotfl:

Hey!!! I think you stole the idea of saying you're older than you really are from me!!!! I KNOW I posted about it here in the past!!!

I love summers. I love to get a good tan (I know, I know...wrinkles) I love to wear shorts and short sleeve shirts and good ole tennis shoes and yes I definitely have the old lady arms and above the knee wrinkles going on....oh well!

So I was actually shocked a couple of weeks ago when one of my infusion nurses said I'm the youngest 65 year old they've seen down in their surgical ward. I'm really thinking it's not the clothes or how I look....it's how I act. :teeth:

I am not yet middle aged (almost, I had to look it up lol), but I buy pajamas and yoga pants from Costco. Most of the other stuff at this point is a hard pass.

According to a recent British survey, middle-age begins at 35 and ends at 58. I think it’s more practical to think of middle-age as being between 40 and 60.

I am starting to find the clothes at Costco quite cute. Bought a little polyester blend skort the other day, and some yoga mat flip flops, and I'm eying those sun hats like my Grandpa used to wear in the garden.

Aw, who am I kidding--I've been middle-aged for quite a while now.

Oh dear. I bought two of those sun hats! I thought they would be perfect for Disney World! (I liked that they had a chin strap for rides!)

*sigh* I’m old. 👵🏻

Wait finding some clothes at Costco cute makes one middle aged?

Yikes then I've been middle aged for over 7 years now..should I be concerned?? :rotfl:

I was 24 (my husband 23) when we got my Costco membership and we have bought clothes overtime since then.

I've got a hoodie from my alma mater, a fluffy fleece jacket, a few other jackets, love the Tranquility skorts, have several shirts from them, my husband has several shorts and shirts from them. I buy their no-show K Bell socks. Oh and a robe. I stay away from pants because they don't fit me right (as does nearly all misses and womens aside from skirts/skorts). They have great pricing on our local team stuff.

I am not yet middle aged (almost, I had to look it up lol), but I buy pajamas and yoga pants from Costco. Most of the other stuff at this point is a hard pass.
I've had a hard time with matching sets for pjs over time so I prefer separates but Costco does have some cute pjs even if I don't think they would end up working for me.

I actually clicked on this to see what age we were defining as "middle aged". I just turned 38 and I feel like this is technically the middle of my life, right? But I think I've been middle aged for my whole life. My great-grandma always said I was an old soul, I'm basically a 38 year old grandma right now anyway.

On a lighter note, I freaking love Costco!!! There's no shame in loving their clothes! I wish there was one near me--ours is 45 minutes to an hour away and I can't justify that.

Nope, nope, nope. I'll be 45 on Tuesday and I refuse to be middle-aged. My life just began at 40, so no way :goodvibes ;)

And for the record, I buy lots of clothes for my husband - 2 weeks younger than me - and my almost-4-year-old son at Costco! I got a great London Fog winter coat for DS last year for less than $15!

I don't know. I like the first numbers I saw, 45-65 from the dictionary. It actually makes the most sense to me. I've read that the rational part of a persons brain doesn't fully develop until 25. So in a sense that would be the end of true adolescence. The WHO says 24 is the end of adolescence. That give you about 20 years for each phase. 25-45, 45-65, 65-85, 85+

However, I think I have felt OLD for about 5 years. lol I am 43.

I turn 45 next month and I am loving middle-age...empty nesters with the time and income to explore. :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!