I am scared, for my kids and this world we live in

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
Ozo and I had taken the girls to Santa's Village on Thursday, we had a blast.... although the kids that worked there, didnt seem to want too.... but all in all all a great day :teeth:

Anyway, while in line for the helcopters, I reminded the girls they need to wait in line nicely, because part of riding the ride is waiting nicely. :) The lady next to me said that is why she would never take her girls to Mouseswitz (as in Auswitz, where millions of Jews, Polish, Etc... we put to their deaths, pardon the spelling) SHe was extermely please with herself for coming up with such a clever nickname.... repeated over and over....

I was stunned.... What has become of our society when something so horrendious can be used in such a flipant manner.....

I called her on it.... I had too. It wasnt pretty, but I couldnt allow it to go unregonized for the horror it was...... Anyway during the exchange the woman informed me she knew all about Auswitz, because she was a History Teacher!!!!!!!!! :earseek:

This really really scares me...... I only hope she doeeesnt ever teach my kids....

:(

I agree with you.

I know that the Hindenburg exploded many years ago, and the Titanic sunk many decades ago, but I'm always sadly surprised to hear jokes or other trivial things spoken about these 2 events.

For example... How many times has the phrase "oh, the humanity" been used to get a laugh? That's the phrase that the newsman who was an eyewitness to the Hindenburg said while he was watching it burn, and watching people jumping to their deaths.

This makes me wonder.....will one day future generations think so little of what happened on Sept 11? Will there be movies made about it? A love story based around people who were inside the buildings of the World Trade Center??

I'm trying not to judge.... but I don't think any of these horrific events should be made light of, including the Holocaust.

Kudos to you for setting a wonderful example for your children! It is people like you that will prevent such things as becoming the norm.

That really is sad, and for her to say that being a teacher makes it even worse.

Seaspray reminded me of something I saw at the State Fair here the other day...

It was a big inflatable balloon slide that looked like the Titanic SINKING!! It was half of the Titanic tilted downward and the kids slide down it. Who thought of that and who approved it? I wouldn't let Mo go on it. I thought it was awful and terribly distasteful. I should have complained...actually I still might.

Good for you for speaking up. I would have been outraged too, but probably too shy to say anything.

MosMom, I agree with you on that one too. Yuck!

:mad: Scary to think that she's a teacher indeed. Making light of such a tragic and horrifying chapter in our history.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter