• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I am seriously going to cry & my trip is in 4 days :sad:

ryty44

Earning My Ears
First, thank you for listening to me vent. My plans are the typical. I planned over a year ago. What started out as a little trip staying at my friends timeshare evolved into a Magic My Way with Dining staying at the Contemporary. It is our very first family vacation anywhere. It is supposed to be magical. I have 3 kids ds7, ds4 and dd 9 months. My parents not only are joining us but they upgrated everything and are treating----how lucky are we.

This was a hard year for us, it start wonderful having new baby and after 2 boys we had a princess princess: . She is beautiful and was such a welcomed addition to our family but when she was 2 months old she got so sick, out of no where. I woke up one morning thinking she slept through the night only to find her almost lifeless with blood coming out of her mouth. I rushed her to the hospital, the transferred her to another hospital, told me it was a bad infection, treated her and got set to release her as she improved. Just before we were to take her home out of no where her little body of just 8 pounds started to have seizures. She had 300 seizures in 2 days and hundreds more for the following week. Long story short as possible, she was P. I. C. U. and it took awhile to control them and after a few weeks was release :teeth: Thank God. She hasn't has any seizures since we left the hospital 6 months ago and we have has this trip to keep us going. We wanted and needed to do something for my sons who were practically ignore through this whole ordeal. This is for them.

So here is why I am now having a meltdown, my husband is up for a promotion, he tested last week and passed and was set to start foremans school 3/1---well they just changed the dates and he has to be in school and miss our trip :sad: :sad:. He has spoken to everyone at work, nobody can help. If he misses the classes he is out. If he passes up the promotion then he passes up a sizeable $ increase which we need. After my daughters illness we are really really in the hole. Which I would rather be poor and have healthy kids anyday of the week, I am not complaining, but the truth is we are not in a good spot finacial but this was a spluerge for us and my parents are helping. I cry everytime I think of be there without him. I will be spending my 1st Valentines Day without him. I am so sad. Sorry so long and thanks for listening!!!

I'm so sorry to hear this. How sad you must feel. My DD5 had a health problem and seriously all our whole family wanted to do after it happened was get to WDW.

Is it possible to change your plans to another date? If airfare has been purchased you can usually get a credit minus $50 for your ticket. Is the My Way package set in stone or can it be changed?

I hope things work out for you, :grouphug:

Thanks Meeko so much for your kind words. After having my meltdown last night, I realized that Disney is the happiest place in the world and so many people would love to have an oppertunity to bring their kids to Disney. I got my husband a cheap flight on Monday, so he will be there for Sat, Sun and Mon (better than nothing)! My parents will be there and my children are healthy. I should not pout and I should be happy. So I am going to do the happy dance. Salvage what I can and make sure my kids have a great time. But thanks again!!

P.S. That is a great picture of your daughter!!!

I am so glad you were able to work something out! Even if he couldn't have come at all it still was a great opportunity to spend fun time with the kids for you. Congrats on the promotion :thumbsup2

ryty44 said:
Thanks Meeko so much for your kind words. After having my meltdown last night, I realized that Disney is the happiest place in the world and so many people would love to have an oppertunity to bring their kids to Disney. I got my husband a cheap flight on Monday, so he will be there for Sat, Sun and Mon (better than nothing)! My parents will be there and my children are healthy. I should not pout and I should be happy. So I am going to do the happy dance. Salvage what I can and make sure my kids have a great time. But thanks again!!

P.S. That is a great picture of your daughter!!!

We have a winner!

My dad was unable to travel last year durning Spring Break due to health problems and my mom did not want to leave him home for a week while we went to WDW. We ended up changing her plane ticket and fying her down for 4 days. It was so worth it! We had a great time in those four days.

MY DH has flown down to meet us here and there too. He won't be making our upcoming Spring Break trip. It will just be me, DD5, DS8 and my parents. I will miss my husband but the kids and I will have a blast with my parents.

Sounds like your parents will help you out! I'm so happy your DH will be able to come down for some of the time.

Give us a trip report when get back.

Have a great time!! :goodvibes

What a rough year you've had. I'm so sorry. I wouldn't wish a sick baby on anyone. It has to be terrifying. I remember when my DD, then 18 months, severely broke her arm. I've had some other long nights, but that was by far the longest one, knowing she was in pain and there was nothing I could do about it. But now that she's pulled through, I'd try to see things positively. You mentioned being in a financial bind. That promotion, while it may cut short DH's trip a little, would certainly help you out. And you did mention that your parents will be there, and all of your healthy kids. And at least DH will be there a few days. But your later posts indicate you are seeing things in a brighter way now.

Here's hoping he gets that promotion, and is able to treat you to even more Disney vacations in the future with that extra $$$, and that 2006 is better than 2005 for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter