I am sorry...I need a break

TinkHappy

DIS Veteran
I feel guilty turning off the news (CNN, FOX, MSNBC, ect...) but I need a break. March Madness (now that's an understatement) seems to do the trick. Purdue VS. Texas...good game.

I haven't watched the news since Wednesday night. I can listen to it in the background though, if I want. It's just too much.

I'm with Kallison....I keep saying I can't watch it anymore & then I find myself going back to CNN. If I wake up in the night, I turn the TV on too. I don't even know anyone over there & I'm so addicted to watch it just to know that our soldiers are okay.

My husband is flipping between March Madness and Fox. I have watched the news a lot today.
We did go to church and our service was so patriotic - including the songs we sang. Our sermon was about war and fighting "evil doers". That was actually in the scripture reading - not just a term coined by our President. At the end of the service, the altar was open for prayer and many people went to the altar. Also, our church is open every day now so that people can use the altar for prayer. I felt much better after attending church today.
I have decided that instead of just worrying and watching t.v., I'll spend more time praying for our troops.
Also, my friend and I usually go walking several evenings each week. It is a great thing to get out of the house and walk and talk with a friend instead of staying glued to the t.v.
I agree that we do need a break from the constant t.v. coverage.

don't feel guilty. i can count the hours i've watched televised national news on 2 hands since 9/11. i prefer to get my news from print sources now. :)

i can count the hours i've watched televised national news on 2 hands since 9/11. i prefer to get my news from print sources now.

I've always preferred my news from print source. A morning without my Washington Post is not a good morning for me. I rarely to never watch televised news.

((((hugs))))

Im with you... Its so hard to watch it...

I had to pull dh away from the TV today I was getting so depressed and could tell that he was too. I finally convinced him to go out and work in the yard, it did both of us a world of good!!!

I don't want to watch it because it is so depressing but I just want to know how the troops are doing. I am so worried about all of them. We all have to just pray for them.

I'm having a hard time watching the news as well. It makes me want to cry at times. All those young men and women.......
it's so hard to imagine what they must be experiencing right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter