I am thankful for...................................

Oh Mel-this is a fantastic idea-thank you for starting it!

I am thankful for...

my incredible children

my weird and wonderful job

my garden and all the little green shoots happening right now

the resilience and experience that all of the challenges in my life have given me

the Disboards and all of you here!

Oh Mel-this is a fantastic idea-thank you for starting it!

I am thankful for...

my incredible children

my weird and wonderful job

my garden and all the little green shoots happening right now

the resilience and experience that all of the challenges in my life have given me

the Disboards and all of you here!
And we love you to Alohamom!!
Oh.... oh.... Oh..... I forgot to mention my little garden...I'll try to take a picture and post of a plant in my garden that recently sprouted some buds.

Hugs
Mel

Wonderful idea for a thread.. I am thankful you started it and am thankful for each and everyone one of you ..
I am thankful to my four amazing children who have taught me so much and give me the strength and motivation to try and be better every day.
I am thankful I was in a financial position to be able to stock our pantry (not hoard stock) for what we should need in the next couple of weeks .
I am thankful I am currently not employed in public healthcare ( I work privately ) not because I don’t want to help but because my daughters immune system is crap..and I as they kiss only parent I want to hunker down with my children to keep them feeling safe and loved.
I am thankful for all my former coworkers and all front line staff out there fighting for us all.
I am thankful to be back home in Canada and night be worried about possible medical bills .
I am thankful we went with my sons hockey team to Fl in Dec so we aren’t going now or in spring . I am also thankful we have our trip booked for August that gives us something to look forward to .
I am lastly in a weird way thankful this “pause “has given us much needed family time .Last night we ate dinner together , this am we baked a birthday cake and did school work. Sounds silly but as a single mom to 4 kids who recently held two jobs , whose two older kids are comp. athletes , whose third is in autism therapy , whose 4th looks like he will also be an athlete . This downtime is allowing me to feel like a mom again and just breath instead of being in 4 or 5 places a night . I am thankful for this pause .

Thanks for sharing TammyLynn
My sister also works in private health care and I appreciate everything you guys do.
I have two nieces that are nurses also.
So much to be thankful for as a Canadian,,sometimes we need a reminder of that.
Have fun being the great mom that you are!!!

Hugs
Mel

Just have to share
Spring has sprung in my little garden!!
see the tiny red buds on my plant...
TsrkHOq.jpg

Yes the bunny rabbits have been eating my hydrangea plant next to it...oh well.
Hugs
Mel

I am thankful my internet is finally fixed! (36 hours without it... ). Yesterday was a long day of discovering what we can do that doesn't require it (which includes no TV watching).
I am thankful we are healthy, my parents & family are healthy, and we have everything we need at the moment.
I look forward to time spent with my kid, and being able to enjoy some quality time with him. And I am also thankful for my family who has offered to help watch kiddo if I need to go back to work while schools are still closed.

I am hopeful that this pause will mean life can resume afterwards and get back to normal. I am also thankful this is real life and not a movie (because I'm pretty sure this is how all the zombie movies and apocalyptic tales start!)

DH has been outside all day sawing down massive tree branches from our neighbours encroaching tree.

At this moment I am thankful said tree trunks didn’t collapse our power lines or fall on me as I was out there ‘helping’ him! Lol

We now have a giant boma in our backyard that will keep him and DD busy all week!

Sorry, I know not a very serious thankful post, but at this moment it’s the truth! Lol

My cats and dog are thankful the sun is shining in the house and they all have found perfect sunny spots to soak it in. I wish it meant it was warm outside, but soon... soon. Oh, and I'm thankful for the declutter lady who came at Christmas because the house still looks good and kiddo is able to have a friend over (one only).

Thanks Mel for starting this, i need to try and stop spinning inward and this is a perfect poke in my side! What I'm thankful for
  • My DIS family & friends - 481068
  • My hubby - OMG i can't love this guy enough, he is my rock
  • That we can afford the cost of my stupid restrictive diet and that we've managed to connect with one of the best allergist in our province to help figure this out!
  • That both of our kids found amazing women to share their lives with and that all four of them are happy adults.
  • A warm comfy bed for the times I am able to sleep (i swear i'm allergic to sleeping!)
  • My TV, YES i love my TV and the company it provides on the nights i can't sleep and during the day when hubby is chained to his desk.
  • The trip we took in January - it was, without a doubt, our best yet. It has also provided me with hours of enjoyment as i plug away with my photos - working on a photobook now and i PROMISE i'll get back to the thread started for me!
  • My Airmiles threads - they help me focus on others 481070

I am thankful for:
My family and friends.
You my dis friends - we can keep our social distance but still have somebody to chat to.
My TV and my computer. - Can't do without either. If my TV isn't working right I can watch Bell FIBE on my computer so all is well.
All my crafty stuff that I keep saying I am going to finish someday. Maybe I should start to check it out and do more.
On that note - My girlfriends and I hold a craft day once a month and 1 person is responsible for hosting and providing all the food, snacks etc. I have given them notice that the next craft day (April 25) which is mine will be UFO day. Not that UFO but "unfinished objects day". They must bring a craft that was started a long time ago and at least do something to it. I have decided my meal will be an Afternoon Tea and I am going to have party sandwiches, different types of teas and desserts. Can't wait.

I am thankful for the amazing two weeks we had in Florida recently - probably the best trip we've ever taken as a family. DS who is 14 now is so easy to take places now and really a great travel companion. I'm also thankful for my brother in law who brought my two nieces down for part of the trip which allowed DS to have a couple great days getting his roller coaster on at Seaworld and Busch Gardens with his cousins.

I am also thankful we are now home.

I am thankful for my sister in law who brought me home Starbucks this morning for my birthday today when she went to town (we all live on a farm out of town). Also thankful for the new niece or nephew she's currently incubating and really having a rough go with. Hoping that eases for her soon.

I am thankful for my gym buddies who surprised me with a super sweet birthday present on Friday (cute little plant in a concrete pot from a local company).

I’m thankful for my wife and my daughter. I’m thankful to be financially stable (at least for now..). I’m thankful for all my trips to Disney over the last 12 years including 2 trips to VGC which were highly unlikely given the size of that resort. I’m thankful I got to ride California Screamin’ 5 times in a row during EMH during one of those trips — the best roller coaster at any Disney park. I’m thankful for being able to spend weekends and more in northern Minnesota for the last 50 years. I’m thankful for all the great people in my life. I’m thankful for all of God’s blessings that I have been a recipient of.

Thanks Mel for starting this, i need to try and stop spinning inward and this is a perfect poke in my side! What I'm thankful for
  • My DIS family & friends - View attachment 481068
  • My hubby - OMG i can't love this guy enough, he is my rock
  • That we can afford the cost of my stupid restrictive diet and that we've managed to connect with one of the best allergist in our province to help figure this out!
  • That both of our kids found amazing women to share their lives with and that all four of them are happy adults.
  • A warm comfy bed for the times I am able to sleep (i swear i'm allergic to sleeping!)
  • My TV, YES i love my TV and the company it provides on the nights i can't sleep and during the day when hubby is chained to his desk.
  • The trip we took in January - it was, without a doubt, our best yet. It has also provided me with hours of enjoyment as i plug away with my photos - working on a photobook now and i PROMISE i'll get back to the thread started for me!
  • My Airmiles threads - they help me focus on others View attachment 481070

I am thankful to my friend Jacqueline & Ottawamom who got me through the OMG I am scared to death to have a endoscope ,colonoscopy and then gallbladder surgery,,I would never have made it without you two!!
Thanks for being there guys!!
Hugs to you
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!