I am thankful for...................................

I am thankful for this glorious country in which we live. I was quilting all day and I have CNN on in the background. Do I need to say more...

I am also thankful that this slow down in our lives has afforded me the opportunity to work on my lawn. Years of neglect can be resolved this year with some careful attention.

I am also thankful that the garden centers are open and the temperatures have warmed up enough that I will be able to get annuals for the garden next week.

I am thankful I didn't fall over when I took my son for a bike ride. He hasn't left the house in almost two months but is playing a bike game on xbox and wanted to go for a ride, so we dug out the bikes (they get tetris'd in the garage over winter) and off we went... I thought I was going to die but I didn't. We made it. I burned a lot of calories (my heart rate went kind of high), but I made it! And he got some fresh air, sunshine and exercise. I'll have to get him to go again, and hopefully I will get better at it over time.

I am also thankful we live close to some pretty nice trails, we don't have to drive to them, just right out the door! We saw some horses and a few other people out. He was nervous about seeing other people but did great.

I'm thankful today for the new life that came into this world at my neighbours house. It's nice to see happy, normal things going on amid all the new normal. Mom went in to the hospital at 5:30am, baby was born at 8:30am and they were back home by 11:00am. All happy and healthy. Life goes on...

I was reading the back to school thread and thought we needed a little something to be thankful for again in a time when so many are not certain what to do with their children this fall.

I agree 2020 sucks but my family had the best week of the year last week.

DS3 finished his probation (1year) at work and now has a permanent position with the federal government.
DS2 applied to the iron workers union over a year ago. He was finally called up off the wait list this last week and is now working his "dream job" and on his way to completing his apprenticeship
DS1 purchased his first home and proposed to his girlfriend. She said yes!

I feel like finally something has gone right in this otherwise topsy turvy year. Thought I would share.

(this thread had sunk to page 4, we all need a little positive, lets keep it on page 1)

Ohhhhh double emoji love!!!:lovestruc:lovestruc
But I just spent $170.00 on my newest Grinch Village pancake house & accessory.
But it is adorable Ottawamom!!!

Hugs
Mel

Mel, you had me curious what a Grinch village pancake house was so I looked it up. So cute!!!

I am thankful to live in the Maritimes where Covid is under control.

I am thankful that my back to school experience (both as a Kindergarten teacher and mother of two young kids) will be *relatively* normal.

I am thankful for getting to spend so much extra quality time with my husband and children in these last 6 months (even though I’m totally ready for us all to get back in a routine:laughing:)

Mel, you had me curious what a Grinch village pancake house was so I looked it up. So cute!!!
Thanks Hon
It kind of became a BIG hobby of mine last year(expensive one) but fun.lol
qkr5tyA.jpg

Hugs Mel

I am thankful to live in the Maritimes where Covid is under control.

I am thankful that my back to school experience (both as a Kindergarten teacher and mother of two young kids) will be *relatively* normal.

I am thankful for getting to spend so much extra quality time with my husband and children in these last 6 months (even though I’m totally ready for us all to get back in a routine:laughing:)

Hi Hon
Always remember to be kind to yourself first.
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!