• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I assume that the other AI fans have heard

honeywolf7

<font color=teal>I don't get in cars with strange
about what they told Clay to do 25 minutes before the show last night? What do you think of it?

I guess not....They told Clay 25 minutes before the show to add an extra chorus to Vincent. They explained it off camera but not on camera and the judges didn't know about it. I read it on WRAL's (Raleigh's station) website but can't find it now.

I'll bet that's why he screwed up and missed some lines!!! The poor thing! That's something we, as the voting audience, should have known LAST NIGHT!!!!

Originally posted by beattyfamily
I'll bet that's why he screwed up and missed some lines!!! The poor thing! That's something we, as the voting audience, should have known LAST NIGHT!!!!

I agree!!!!:eek:

I definitely think it's something that we should have known and I think the fact that Clay didn't say anything when the judges were saying what they said to him about the song shows what class he has. I'm still looking for the right link, but here's a copy of the story that was posted on another message board:
RALEIGH, N.C. -- The finale for "American Idol" is drawing near as Raleigh's Clay Aiken fights to be the last one standing.

There was some controversy behind the scenes of Tuesday night's show. The judges said Aiken forgot some of the words to Don McClean's, "Vincent." It turns out show producers wanted to make the song longer right before the live broadcast and Aiken did not get to rehe**** the change, causing some confusion on stage.

"I thought he was in big trouble after that first song," said Simon Cowell, one of the judges on "American Idol."

Aiken, one of three finalists in the competition, finished the night with a stunning rendition of "Unchained Melody" that had the audience and judges cheering. Aiken also nailed "Mack the Knife," a song the judges picked for him.

"He redeemed himself. I thought Mack the Knife was excellent," Cowell said. "I still think he's Broadway. I think he would make a lot of money on Broadway."

The performance earned a standing ovation from judge Randy Jackson.

In Los Angeles Tuesday, fans lined up armed with "Aiken for Clay" signs. Fans have kept Aiken in the running for the title of "American Idol," but it is the judges who have put him here.

Jackson told WRAL's Lynda Loveland he is confident in Aiken's talent.

"He can definitely win this. He is a brilliant talent, an amazing singer and he can turn it up a notch when he wants. He is a talented kid and I do believe stars are really born," he said.

Aiken has always been one of judge Paula Abdul's favorite contestants.

"Clay is a true champ. I have no worries for Clay. He has never been in the bottom three -- not once," she said.

In Raleigh, Clayniacs lined up early outside Raleighwood to see their "idol" on the big screen. Aiken's mom and Raleigh Mayor Charles Meeker were among those in the crowd. Friends and fans come out every week to watch Aiken perform. Then they all get out their phones and vote as many times as they can.

Aiken is coming back to Raleigh and bringing the "American Idol" cast with him. "American Idols" Live comes to the RBC Center Wednesday, August 6.

Advance sale tickets are now available online.

Tickets go on sale Friday morning through Ticketmaster.

Aiken's fans will have the opportunity to cheer on their favorite 'Idol' and to raise funds for two local non-profit organizations Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. at the Triangle Town Center.

Fans can send their unique thoughts and best wishes to Aiken by recording video greetings. A donation of $1.00 is requested, and all profits will be donated to the Autism Society of North Carolina.

The Claymates, Aiken's fan club, will sell t-shirts. Profits will be donated to the Autism Society and to the A.E. Finley YMCA.

I heard about that from a few other places, and they said it was to add extra time to the show. I don't understand why they couldn't have added more time to one of Kim or Ruben's song. Or added extra time to Unchained Melody, a song that he knows so well.

Sounds like another way to get some publicity for the show OR for journalists to get some attention by adding an element of "mystery" or "conspiracy" to a very bland group of singers... (sorry, no skeletons like Frenchie, Trenyce or Corey) :rolleyes:

Let's just hope the people win based on their talent and let it go.

I knew it was odd that Clay forgot those lyrics. He has never come close to making a mistake like that before. It was really wrong not to notify the judges of what happened. They just "went off" on him--and Clay took it all with such good grace. Of course, what did we hear about today on all the shows but Clay forgetting the lyrics. Both E.T. and Access Hollywood had segments commenting on it--but not mentioning anything about the producers request (if they knew)or stating how well he sang the other songs. It really annoys me how the judges and the media are trying to crown Ruben "American Idol". They are so blatantly biased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter