I ate way to much....

GoofyforDisney3

DIS Veteran
Sorry for no pictures, but just wanted to give a quick and brief review of what we (me and DD16) ate and our experiences this past week.

Chef Mickey's - breakfast buffet. Has the popularity of this died down or was the early time (7:30) the factor? It was not busy at all and I have never seen the lines at the food so small. The one side of the buffet had no one at it, but all the food was full and hot. My favorite was the hash brown potato casserole. I did not like they took the strawberries in syrup away from the waffle station, but like the waffles have a separate station.

Refreshment Port - We had the Original Poutine and it was good. I'd like it better if the cheese curds weren't so cold and were a little more melty, but that's my preference. DD like the fries and the gravy part, but not the curds so much either.

Coral Reef - ate as part of the Candlelight Processional Package. I had the Stuffed Lobster and DD had the Mahi Mahi. I really enjoyed the lobster. Would have preferred for them to have taken the meat out of the shell for me, but all in all it was a good dish. DD did enjoy her fish also.

Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie - ate here two times. First we did a QS meal and had the ham and cheese croissants. They were very good. But, word of caution, if you have them warm them be careful because that cheese is boiling hot and will burn your mouth. I know that should be a given, but wow it was crazy hot! LOL Our second trip we used snacks and I had the white and chocolate mousse dome. It was really very good. My DD had a chocolate croissant. She liked it, but think it would have been better if it had been warmed some so the chocolate would have melted some.

50's Prime Time - I had the sample platter and DD had the Aunt Liz's Fried Chicken. Why can they not have better green beans at this place? No one eats the nasty things, well, at least not all of them. LOL The pot roast, chicken and meat loaf were all very tasty. The mashed potatoes were very heavy and were more of a smashed potato IMO, but still tasted ok. DD loved the fried chicken, but said the corn wasn't very good either. We had the PB&J shake as our dessert and it was yummy as usual. (They offered this as a drink so you could get a dessert too, and I don't know how anyone could possibly manage that, but just wanted to note it in case someone is on the fence.)

Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam Dessert Party - We both enjoyed this, but agreed the desserts were just ok. DD loved the spinach / artichoke dip and the pita bread. The best dessert for us was the nitrogen-frozen chocolate mousse. I know it is a holiday themed dessert party, but did everything need to be either ginger bread or peppermint flavored? Even the stuff that wasn't supposed to be took on those flavors because there was so much of it. I didn't care for the Jingle Bell Holiday Punch (too tart) and DD didn't care for the Elf Juice so we stuck with the water and soda that was offered.

Lotus Blossom Cafe - Epcot's China Pavilion - DD and I split an order of Orange Chicken. It was typical fast food Chinese food. Very orange-y flavored.

Tangierine Cafe - Epcot's Morocco Pavilion - DD and I split the Chicken and Lamb Shawarma Platter. I love this platter, specifically love the couscous salad. DD didn't care for it much, but she's not a big fan of that style of food either. I also had a glass of red sangria. I don't know what the brand is, but I love this wine.

Tony's Town Square - We chose this for the parade package so we wouldn't need to camp out for the Christmas Parade on such a busy day in MK. DD had the Caesar Salad and the Italian Trio and really liked both. She said the Chicken Parm was really good. I know that goes against what normally is said about that dish, but she really liked it and ate almost the entire thing. I had the House Salad and the Gnocchi Primavera with Jumbo Shrimp. I like both also. My only complaint was that there was just so much food. I couldn't begin to eat it all. For dessert DD chose chocolate cake. She got this dome shaped dish with a bunch of mousse surrounding a tiny piece of cake that she said wasn't very good. We both said that what she got didn't qualify as chocolate cake. LOL I had the Seasonal Cheesecake, made less seasonal with chocolate sauce instead of the pumpkin something or other the server said it came with. It was good cheesecake.

Holiday Wishes Dessert Party - Again I chose this for us to do so we wouldn't need to camp out for a good spot to view fireworks on a very busy day and again, the desserts were just ok. I think my favorite was the chocolate push up pops (basically it was the gray stuff and some chocolate cookie pearls in the middle of it in a little plastic push up sleeve that had a chocolate Mickey head on the top) and chocolate covered strawberries. I'm not a fan of macaron cookies, but the one I had was good. Did not understand the appeal of the toffee cake. It just tasted like over baked boxed yellow cake with butterscotch chips on top. I've made a similar, and way better tasting dessert, at home. I also wasn't a fan of the cheeseburger egg rolls. I really wanted to like these, but they just weren't great for me. DD and I both agreed that if we could have combined the two desert parties together we would have had one awesome event, but separately, they were both just ok. I'd maybe consider it again for HEA since that does require a better view of the castle, but for just fireworks I'd skip it.

El Mercado de Coronado at Coronado Springs Resort - We had breakfast here a few times, dinner once and lunch our last day. Breakfast DD had Mickey Waffles twice. I didn't because they did not offer them the way I like them....with strawberries and whipped cream....so I opted for a cinnamon roll (twice) and a yogurt parfait. The yogurt parfait wasn't as good as the ones that I got at Pop last year or at GF years ago. I wouldn't have gotten it again. For dinner one night we ordered a Bacon Cheeseburger and a Shrimp Po Boy. I loved my po boy so much that I ordered it again for lunch our last day. I liked it much better the first time since the second time I felt they put to much of the remoulade on it. The potato wedges however were so good both times! DD had the burger and the first time they put stuff on it that normally would have been on the Texas Burger, but not everything. It was almost like they started to make the Texas burger, realized that it was supposed to be a plain Bacon Cheese and switch over to that. She liked it, but didn't love it because of the sauce and stuff. The second time she liked it much better. All in all the food here was good.

After reading reviews I realise how many places I've not eaten out yet:).
We had a "tug of war" and the man won so we ate at Spice Road instead of Tangierine Cafe; TG next time as the shwarma was really talking to me, LOL.
Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts and experiences down!

After reading reviews I realise how many places I've not eaten out yet:).
We had a "tug of war" and the man won so we ate at Spice Road instead of Tangierine Cafe; TG next time as the shwarma was really talking to me, LOL.
Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts and experiences down!

I feel that way after every trip. So much food and so little time and stomach space. :rotfl:

Nice reviews may I ask you what you disliked about the greenbeans at 50's? We are going for our 6th trip in 2011 and it will be a birthday trip and the little one will be turning 12 then but has requested both a lunch and a dinner at 50's on different days.

Nice reviews may I ask you what you disliked about the greenbeans at 50's? We are going for our 6th trip in 2011 and it will be a birthday trip and the little one will be turning 12 then but has requested both a lunch and a dinner at 50's on different days.

Sorry I'm so late responding. Totally missed this before. :)

I don't care for green beans that are fake fresh, if that makes sense. They are not canned green beans (which is my preference when eating a green beans), and I don't think they are frozen, but they aren't a true fresh green bean either. I don't know that I can really explain them, but they are limp and only semi crunchy and very salty IMO. They a more of an asian style green bean also, so just disconnected from the "home style, like mom makes" kind of meal they seem to go for here.

Sorry I'm so late responding. Totally missed this before. :)

I don't care for green beans that are fake fresh, if that makes sense. They are not canned green beans (which is my preference when eating a green beans), and I don't think they are frozen, but they aren't a true fresh green bean either. I don't know that I can really explain them, but they are limp and only semi crunchy and very salty IMO. They a more of an asian style green bean also, so just disconnected from the "home style, like mom makes" kind of meal they seem to go for here.
Thank You I just wondered. Being Jewish I usually avoid green beans because to many people put bacon in them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter