I became a Disney Princess!!

IheartRapunzel

Mouseketeer
This past Christmas, my bf gave me a card. The inside of this card read "The magic kingdom is waiting for my favorite person to arrive. A week of amazing things is waiting for us" As you can imagine I was super excited!! While Disney is my favorite place, i do not get to travel there often. As the countdown got closer I became more and more excited. I remember being super worried about the weather, as the websites were saying rain every day! but as it turns out, it didn't rain one drop the entire time I was there. :)
March 7th finally arrived. It was a very very cold morning in PA and I could not wait to get to my favorite place with much warmer temperatures. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. it was my first time staying at this resort. I thought it was very beautiful and loved the boat rides to DTD. There were a few minor issues though, because not everything can be perfect. My bf had made a special request for us to be in the Mansion buildings close to the buses. This was because of a problem i was having with my foot at the time. Doctors thought it was nerve damage, but not even pain was going to keep me away from Disney! We get to the resort and are told our room location. It was not what we requested, but we decided not to make a big deal about it and just go and see where it was. It was in Alligator Bayou all the way in the back. We timed it, it was a good 20 min walk to the food court and probably 10-15 to the buses. My bf made a phone call and kindly asked if there was anyway for us to get our room moved. Thankfully they were able to. We were in building 85, just a quick walk over the bridge to everything. and i loved those rooms so much more then the ones in the alligator bayou. they were really pretty!
Soon enough it was time for our first dinner reservation. I was going to be having my first dinner at be our guest. I was beyond excited. Not only to be going to MK but because i have not been to disney in 5 years. I never got to see the new Fantasyland, and i was about to eat at the beasts castle. how cool! I really loved my dinner there. The castle was amazing. i loved exploring all the rooms, and feeling like i was in the movie. I should probably mention, I'm a big disney princess fan :) I thought the food was great, I even got to try the grey stuff ;) After dinner we did a little exploring of the new fantasyland and then went to go find a good spot for fireworks. I have always loved wishes :)
The next morning we were on our way to AK for breakfast at the Tusker house. Another place i have never tried. it was a fun experience! After breakfast we went on the Safari ride and got to see all kinds of animals. We also went to the lion king show, which is one of my favorites. The weather was amazing and I was having the time of my life. nothing can beat disney in my book.
Monday we were on our way to Epcot. I have never seen the flower show before. It was beautiful!! Epcot is my second favorite park next to MK. exploring the different countries is always a ton of fun. When we got to Japan my bf wanted me to pick a pearl. Something i never knew even existed until the DIS (ty!) It was definitely a different and unique experience. I had mine made into a ring. we continued walking around world showcase and riding the rides. Soon it was time for dinner. Being a big princess fan, my bf made reservations at Akershus. Later that night we made our way over to watch Illuminations. It was another very successful day in disney.
The next day we headed over to hollywood studios. i knew they were removing the hat, but it looked so different! Hollywood studios was kind of a disappointment to me. I remember when i was younger really loving this park. This trip i found it not as much fun. maybe its me? We did do some fun things while we were there though. I got to meet Baymax! who doesn't love him? he's adorable! and we did the animation academy which was a lot of fun. After riding the rides and watching the shows, we headed over for our dinner reservation. We were then told that somehow our reservation was "accidentally" canceled. Has this ever happened to anyone else before? It was very frustrating! Because we were on the dining plan we went looking for other places we could eat at. Well there really wasn't many options left when its the night of. We just ended up going back to our resort and grabbing something to eat there. That night we took the boat to DTD. it was really a lot of fun to ride the boats at night. Everything looked so pretty all light up. DTD was fun, until we got to the newer part. I'm not a big fan of it. To me, it felt like a night club. Loud music everywhere. Nothing wrong with it, it's just not my thing.
Wednesday March 11th is a day I will probably never forget. Lots of cool and exciting things happened that day. We spent the entire day at the MK. I got to try all the new rides such as the mine train and the little mermaid ride. I even met with all of the princesses. I really loved the new parade, the floats are really neat. We went looking for a QS place to eat lunch at. As we were walking by be our guest a CM asks us if we would like to have lunch in there. I didn't even know this was possible, and since i loved my experience there the other night, I said sure! Lunch was very good. and i had fun being back inside the castle. Even though I knew i was going to Cinderella's castle for dinner. 2 castles in one day? really can't beat that! Dinner was also really good. Cinderella's castle was very pretty and it was neat being able to see fantasyland from the windows. Although i will have to say the experience at be our guest was better. After going on some more rides and exploring the shops we decided to watch wishes again. And this is how I became a Disney Princess. It was outside Cinderella castle, during wishes that my bf proposed to me. it was a night i will never forget. I actually felt like a princess! it was so sweet and special. almost felt like a dream. We got the "just engaged" pins and received all kinds of special treatment the rest of the trip. Disney really knows how to make a girl feel special. :)
That night we returned to our room and i found that a blanket i had brought with me was gone. I had a little mermaid blanket that I had packed with me in my carry on bag, because as i have mentioned it was very cold the morning we left. I used the blanket to keep me warm on the plane and also used it at night in our room. Each day when we would return from the parks the blanket was always folded and placed on the bed. When i noticed it was missing i searched the room for it. it wasn't there, so we called the front to desk to see if maybe the cleaning service took it by mistake. they said they would check around for it and if it wasn't found by the time i left they would replace it for me. While i was bummed that my blanket was gone, i wasn't going to let that ruin the amazing night i just had.
The next day we went back to Epcot to finish up some stuff that we didn't have time to do. While i was there the resort called me to see if the blanket had turned up and sadly it didn't. they also informed me that it didn't show up in their laundry services either. I was told I would have to call again in 2 weeks. Big bummer having to go home without my favorite blanket but i was trying not to let it ruin the rest of our trip. We had a great day in epcot. got to take more pictures of all the flowers and see illuminations for the last time :(
Friday was our last day. We were headed back home to PA that night. We packed up all our stuff in our bags the night before and checked out early so we could still go to the parks one last time. The resort kept our things for us and I was off to MK to say goodbye for the last time. We played the sorcerers of the magic kingdom game, again something i have never tried before and it was a lot of fun. I went on my favorite rides for the last time, and made our final purchases at the park. We had lunch and used up the rest of our snacks on candy and little treats to eat on the plane ride home. It was on this day that I noticed it. The spring break crowd! i have never seen anything like it. teenagers running through the flowers, being loud and yelling inappropriate things, throwing rocks at the buses. i was kind of thankful it was my last day and that i had a relatively positive experience. Saying goodbye is never easy. But this is one trip i will always remember. I was treated like a princess! Had the time of my life with the love of my life! and i know it is never really a goodbye, more like a see you real soon :) thank you disney for the amazing memories.

as for that blanket...its still not back lol :(

Congratulations on joining the exclusive "Got Engaged at Walt Disney World" club! I, too, am a card-holding member. (Meetings are once a month. Hehe, just messin'.) Your guy is a really special one to have planned that out for you. KEEPER. (Did you blat your eyes out like I did? I totally weeped like a baby, snot and everything, I didn't care; I was over the freakin' moon.) And the special attention from Cast Members? It's nice, isn't it? Makes ya' feel just like royalty. That pin, man. It opens doors for you.

I've never stayed at Riverside, but I went to Boatwright's for dinner last time, and thought the whole resort was absolutely wicked. You're lucky you got to stay there! I'm sorry you didn't get the room request you wanted because of your foot, at first. You must have been psyched, however, when you got to stay in a mansion. I've only ever seen pictures, and WOW.

I had gone to Be Our Guest for lunch on my most recent trip, and that was when the place was brand-brand new. It really floored us with the atmosphere. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney Princess movie, so I was in absolute awe. The food was awesome. Did you get your pictures with the Beast? Totally the best part. What'd you think of The Gray Stuff? I haven't had the pleasure of trying it myself, yet. What room did you sit in? They're all really cool.

What did you think of the food at Akershus? I've heard mixed reviews, and I'm probably not a big enough princess fan myself to enjoy it solely for that reason.

In regards to Hollywood Studios, yes, I agree it's really the most lackluster of the four parks. (Not to say there isn't awesome stuff there, but it all depends on your definition of awesome.) I really do wish they had some more appealing restaurant options. Speaking of which, which restaurant is the one that dropped your reservation? I'm really sorry that happened to you. If any restaurant screwed up my reservation, and I couldn't get in, I'd probably do the same as you, or go find a table in Downtown Disney, if those were my options on the Hollywood Studios day. (Seriously, try Boatwright's at Riverside, next time. The food is killer, and it's the kind of place that generally has room for walkups!)

I definitely think I'm gonna try Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom next time I go. I'm a total geek, and it definitely looked up my alley. I watched a bunch of kids play it while people-watching, and they seemed pretty into it.

So, here's my thoughts on how to get your blanket "back", so to speak. I think if you wrote out a thoughtful, but assertive e-mail to guest services, explaining the situation, naming all the names you can remember that you spoke with at the resort, including the person you talked to that said they'd get you a replacement. (That, I think, you mentioned in your other thread regarding the blanket, but I may have mis-read what you wrote.) Google a picture of the blanket and attach it to the email so they know exactly what they're looking for. Disney as a whole takes their customer service very seriously (individual Cast Member work ethics may vary), but you have to know what avenues to take to get your discrepancy into the hands of the right person to handle the problem. It's frustrating, but be persistent.

It's good to hear that you had an absolutely enthralling experience otherwise, in spite of the bumps. (And every vacation has bumps, let's not kid ourselves.) Again, my biggest congratulations on your engagement, and it was nice to read about your trip.

Last edited:
Thank you very much!! I never in a million years expected that to happen but it was amazing. Where did you get engaged in WDW? And who knew a little pin could do so much lol I actually saw a cm get yelled at by who I assumed was her boss for not noticing my pin and congratulating me. I felt really bad and told her it was ok and not a big deal. Apperently it is to disney! Yikes! Poor girl.
I believe you are right, my guy is a total keeper. He went well out of his way to make everything extra special. And I love him even more for it. He actually said to me the other day " I miss disney" all I could think was me too!!
Riverside was real nice. The mansions were really pretty. We had a great view from our room of the river and some flowers. I also found the resort to be quite peaceful. It was really cool to see all the activies they have going on there. From bike riding to fishing. I would def. love to stay there again.
Be our guest was awesome. Probably my favorite meal of the trip. We were seated in the ball room, And yes I got to meet the beast haha it was fun though. The grey stuff was pretty good but what I really liked was belles strawberry cupcake. It's super yummy!! The theming of the restruant is just amazing. I can see why it's so popular now. I hope to go again someday.
I found the food at Akershus to be pretty good, yet It wasn't the best. but I would eat there again. Again, I didn't pick these reservations. It was all a surprise. My now fiancé (Yayyy!!) planned everything for our trip. He looked for things he thought I would enjoy and went for it. Super sweet of him.
As for Hollywood studios, it wasn't as fun as I remember it being. We still had a good time I just found myself having a better time at the other parks. I hope they update it or something soon. It could be so much better than what it is.
The restaurant was 50s prime time. I have never eaten there and was looking forward to trying it out. Unfortinutely it didn't go as planned but these things happen. We had the disney app on our phone and must have went through every restarunt and couldnt find anything. A little frustrating but didn't let it ruin our fun. I'll have to remember to try the resort restarunt next time!!
Sorcerers of the Magic kingdom was a lot of fun. It takes you all over the park and its fun to see what each card does. It's just something different to do. It's so free and lots of fun!
I'll take your advice about my blanket. I understand that these things do happen and I guess it was my fault for leaving it on the bed. Maybe it will show up, if not I can always try to find another one.
Overall it was a super fun spring break trip. Going back to the cold weather at home wasn't much fun though haha
I'm glad I got To try and experience new things this trip. I keep thinking of all the things I wish I did but didn't have enough time for. We were there for a week but there's just so much! But that's why you get to go back another time :) im thinking of going next year. I will be graduating college and what a better way to celebrate all my hard work.
Thank you again for all your
Kind words

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter