i before e except after c

When making a word plural that ends in "Y",
Change the "Y" to "I" and add "es"

can't come up with any!!! My teacher hat does not come on for another 12 days....sorry ;)

Well My sweet lil Delilah asked what this thread was about and she wanted me to tell you hers: This little noun floating around , names of person place and thing with a nick nack patty wack these are english rules isn't lanuage fun and cool.:D of course it is so cute when she is singing it.

The 'y' has the long 'i' sound when used in a one syllable word....like my, buy, by, etc.

The 'y' has the long 'e' sond when used at the end of a two syllable word like baby, Danny, many, etc.

Of course, there's exceptions to this rule, I'm sure!!;)

Amid Chaos, the only one I remember is what you said..But I do remember how to spell
"encyclopedia" and we all know who taught us that (only if you are over a certain age:D

i before e unless it is a word you use, isn't that how it goes.

1.) Weird is weird, it doesn't follow the rule. :p

2.) When adding a suffix to a three letter word that ends with a consonent, usually double the consonent, unless there is already a double consonent: ban = banned, sad = sadder, fat = fatter,

Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How.

In DS's school they no longer have "How" on the list. :confused:

Mr. Vem & Sun
for
Mars
Venus
Earth
Mars
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Pluto
There was somthing about a pet at the end to cover Pluto. :rolleyes: My, how we forget. :teeth:

This isnt spelling but its a good little rhyme to remember. I actually learned it while working in a bank where we had to look up stuff for the end of the month numbers...

30 days has September,
April June and November.
All the rest have 31
Except February with 28
29 in a leap year.

Amid don't remember an english tips, but a funny story about i before e except after c.

Many years ago I went through a Master Teachers Program on CCD. I became quite friendly with Sister Gordon Marie who ran out Religious Education Progran. She would come for dinner quite a bit. She taught in Catholic Schools for many years before running our CCD Progran.

She would always kid me about my spelling. "I can tell you never went to Catholic Schools. You would know where to put the i and e, Or Else!"

Your english tip just reminded me of her. She was a very special lady.

My dad taught me one about how to spell geography correctly.
Use the first letters of each word in this sentence. George Ellen's old grandmother rode a pig home yesterday.

Or the colors of the rainbow. Roy G. Biv for red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.

These are bringing back a lot of memories!

Some exceptions to the i before e rule:

‘Neither leisurely foreigner seized the weird heights.’

Also, a way to remembered desert vs. dessert: the more calories, the more S’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter