• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I bought a highchair from Disney!!!

DVCajun

<font color=red>If you believe in Magic you belong
I immediately fell in love with the highchair they brought to our room at BWV. It was the typical wooden restaurant high chair that you just pull up to the table, except that it had a Mickey head cut out of the back! How classic is that! I started asking around to find out how I could purchase one. I first asked someone at the front desk. The CM I spoke to told me go to the mall. :rolleyes: When she finally realized what I was talking about (I think we may have had a bit of a language barrier) she sent me to the giftshop to ask the CM there. No luck there. Next I asked at Spoodles, as they use the same high chairs. Again, they didn't know anything about it, nor did they know who to ask. She suggested that I call the main merchandising number for WDW. Finally, the day before we were scheduled to leave, I found a CM who could help me. She said that housekeeping would be able to help me and put me in touch with the floor manager. That nice lady had a price for me within 15 minutes and the deal was made!

It was funny walking out with the highchair, though. I'm pretty sure bell services thought we were stealing it. In fact, when we went to claim our bags (they had stored them for us after we checked out) they brought everything but the high chair!! ;) We assured them that we had paid for it, and told them to call housekeeping if they had any questions.

I am tickled pink with our new chair-- it's a keeper!

We had one during our recent VWL stay and we liked it too. I never even thought about buying one - maybe because I wasn't sure how to get it on the plane to go home :)

So, don't keep us in the dark - how much was it? Was it new or was it one that had been used already?

Thanks,
Rhonda

I wasn't sure how we'd get it on the plane either, but I was going to drag it with me to the airport anyway! I fully expected we'd have to carry it with us the whole time and check it at the gate like we do our stroller, but they checked it with our regular luggage and it came through just fine.

It was $60. I thought that was a deal-- in fact, I'm pretty sure that's probably what they paid for it. The housekeeping manager said they were going to get me a new one if there were any available, and short of that they would find the best one they could find. It turned out they didn't have any brand new ones, so I got one that had been used. It's in great shape, with a scuff or two here and there. But I'm not complaining-- it's easy enough to take care of that!

Jeeze....now you have me thinking that maybe I should pick pne up for myself when we are down ther. :-)
$60 for a nice wooden highchair with the mickey cutout is a deal. :-)

Show off! ;) You know I'll be asking about it in October. Is it light wood or dark wood? I like light stuff:)

I want one!! But, we aren't staying on property in April... :( Anyone have any ideas to help me get one for my 6 m. old DD???? I want it soooo bad!! What a great idea, a MM highchair!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Heather, it's light wood. I'm sure you've seen highchairs like it before.

Where's Whitaker? Maybe Heather can bring one back for you too! ;)

Ok, I don't get it-- I'm replying to threads, but they aren't bumping up, and my post count isn't going up. :confused:

I'm going to post again, just to try to get it to bump up and notify you guys that I've replied.

Does anyone have a picture of these high chairs?? :)

Sure! I'll haul it back in our van for you:). Yeah the posts aren't refreshing but I keep checking back. I've actually been working the last couple of hours - Holy Cow!

That is a great deal! Does anyone know if a highchair is available for use during your stay at all Disney resorts? We are staying ASMo in June with our 7month old and I was wondering how we would feed her. Thought about bringing one of those fold up booster chairs, but a highchair would be so much better.

Thanks

That's how I saw this chair. I don't know if the same chair is available at all the resorts, but you definitely can get a highchair for use in your room from housekeeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter