"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Hey Stalker :P

What a great day at Busch Gardens. I had no idea they had such cool animal experiences. Looks more like something I would expect from Disney vice a beer company :-) The giraffe experience has to be one of the most amazing things I've ever seen a theme park do. Will definitely have to check that out someday. Oddly I just passed up a conference for work in Tampa last week so now I'm totally regretting that.

We have a Busch Gardens a few hours from us in Williamsburg, VA but it doesn't have animals and is no where near what you all did. That said, I think they are really nice parks and while not Disney they are done much better than most other theme parks.

In case anyone is curious to learn more about the object of my affections, the great skating star of Busch Gardens...I did some totally non-creepy research (i.e. I'm really good at Google) and eventually found out that her name is Juliana Cannarozzo, and that she was a TeamUSA figure skater in the junior division in her teens, and then went on to work at Busch in several skating shows. It also just so happens that she played Zoey Bloch in the Disney movie, "Ice Princess," which I remember being briefly obsessed with in middle school. She has also appeared in commercials in Taiwan.

S22riGh.gif

She also has an adorable bulldog who goes by the name of Chunk, and who has his own Instagram account @chunkthebully ...and you'd better believe that I now follow him.

lc4QSHG.png

No, not stalkerish behavior at all! JK- I do this too, like google search relative unknown but talented performers (or just good-looking ones), buahaha.

All caught up at last. I have been binge reading this report over the weekend! I love that you got to feed a giraffe! I remember being in 7'th haven the first time I finally got yo touch a dolphin! It's nice having little dreams like that come true!

I’m back and catching up, Busch Gardens looks like a fun time, I have never been. So nice you have a school break now! I work in Home Care and we have 2 Speech Therapists on our staff and they are always busy! Should be easy to find a job just about anywhere when you are done!

After pouring in dozens and dozens of hours the last month or so for my exam, I'm finally able to say I'm pretty sure I can pass it. So, time for catching up... everywhere!

Thanks, Liesa! Sending those same good vibes back your way now as you prepare for your exam!! :cheer2:pixiedust:

It's Monday! I'll let you know how I did on my thread!

As of yesterday, I'm done with the first year of my master's degree.

This calls for a Steppe's Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooty and a few dancing bananas!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

It was an awesome experience, but also a little heartbreaking at times.

True for every healthcare worker ever. Just part of the job!

We decided to head toward where our safari would take place to make sure we knew how to find it. On the way, we saw the most magnificent ginormous tortoise.

A0LKKAx.jpg

He is simply majestic!

So, of course, I told him to ride it. And, of course, he did. He said it was pretty terrifying.

:laughing: Of course you did!

They had a surgery planned for later on, but it was during our tour, and I get a little squeamish anyway, but it was really neat to see the facility.

That would have been soooooooooooooooooo cool to see!

Of course, now that it's been over 8 months, I remember absolutely none of it.

OH pish posh. You could have made just about anything up and we'd have totally believed you! LOL!

Derp.

guide said that they're always picking up things like phones and sunglasses, and that this is exactly why you're told to empty your pockets and remove loose items before getting on rollercoasters. People grumble about it and think it's unnecessary, but people are losing things all the time.

:rotfl2:

The ride doesn't even have to be GOING and I lose stuff. (ie a phone on TT)

Awwwww! I love this shot!

What a qween. :worship:

Diva of the Giraffe World.

There are also periodic stage shows inside the Dragon Fire Grill, and we'd just caught the tail end of one as we were coming in to order, but sadly we weren't up for sitting there long enough to watch the next one.

Well, poop. I hate when that happens.

It's a coaster with an overhead track where your feet hang, and it's pretty long and has 7 loops.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

N got the Chicken and Mushroom Pie,

Yum!! That sounds amazing too!

Hi Meghan! My name is Alison and I am really enjoying your TR! I know I am super late to the party, but I saw your TR title on another TR and I just had to come and rad all about your Disney Wedding and Disneymoon!

Oh my gosh, can I just say your wedding pictures were just spectacular! Your castle photos were making me smile so wide!!

Also, I'm loving all the special experiences you have been describing, such as swimming with Dolphins and feeding giraffes!

Also, I loved reading about your FEB TR and am excited for you that you will be back in May, as well as August for your 1 yr. Anniversary!

I can't wait to read more!

That feeding the giraffes tour at Busch Gardens sounds really fun! Kind of the perfect thing to splurge on when you already have free tickets to the park. Glad to hear you didn't overdo it, though! That guide wasn't being overdramatic, people who aren't used to Florida can get knocked out by the heat in the summer.

I think the sketch Dooney is what I have in the crossbody, and if it is then I can understand you wanting to get it. It's gorgeous!

PHEW!! I just marathoned this whole thread! ack! eek! Where to begin?

You are really great at writing trip reports! (I mean, it didn't put me to sleep:p LOL!) I enjoyed your humor that you put into it and all of the little details! I thoroughly enjoyed your wedding day and am now begging my daughter (she is only 19 and not even CLOSE to getting a ring on her finger) to get married Disney style!:worship: My husband and I honeymooned in Disney....many, many moons ago...1999:rolleyes1. Yup! We are ooollllddd!!!

I enjoyed getting a peek at Busch Gardens too! I had only been there once when I was about 6 or 7 years old. WAAYYY back when Disney only consisted of MK & Epcot! I do not really remember much of it but it is so neat to see how wonderful of a park it is!

CONGRATS on finishing your first year of your masters program! pixiedust: What a great accomplishment and after all is said and done, even with so much work that has been put in and will be ahead of you, it will be so worth it in the end! Good for you for continuing your education!!!

I am so sorry that you had hit a rough patch and I am glad that you are able to come to the Dis to find encouragement and friendship! I hope things are better for you now and continue to be!

Lastly, I LOVE the new hair and look forward to following more of your many trips to come!!!

I have read all your TRs but rarely comment. I recently went gluten free (not officially diagnosed celiac but I feel way better when I don’t eat gluten) so I’m going to be re-reading and taking notes on your dining experiences!

We're just one big giant Disfamily here :grouphug::goodvibes

I love that! :grouphug:

YAY!!!!!!! A huge congrats to you! I know how much work and stress it is ::yes:: But it'll be so worth it! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much!! And same to you—you understand more than most how much goes into a masters program!

Hey Stalker :P

:laughing: I'm developing a reputation now. :blush:

What a great day at Busch Gardens. I had no idea they had such cool animal experiences. Looks more like something I would expect from Disney vice a beer company :-)

No kidding! And like Disney, but slightly more reasonably priced. Our safari was only a half hour, but I seem to remember it only being about $30 per person. Totally worth it :)

We have a Busch Gardens a few hours from us in Williamsburg, VA but it doesn't have animals and is no where near what you all did. That said, I think they are really nice parks and while not Disney they are done much better than most other theme parks.

Sounds like a definite downgrade from the Tampa park, but yes, they really are nice parks from what I've seen. I always have Disney standards, and they're not that, but the Tampa Bay park at least is a really nice place to spend some time.

No, not stalkerish behavior at all! JK- I do this too, like google search relative unknown but talented performers (or just good-looking ones), buahaha.

:laughing: I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this!! I just appreciate talent...and good looks don't hurt either. :lmao:

All caught up at last. I have been binge reading this report over the weekend! I love that you got to feed a giraffe! I remember being in 7'th haven the first time I finally got yo touch a dolphin! It's nice having little dreams like that come true!

Thanks so much for reading! It's becoming quite the long haul to get through this report at this point! And yes, the giraffe feeding was really one of those special moments you don't forget. :lovestruc

I’m back and catching up, Busch Gardens looks like a fun time, I have never been. So nice you have a school break now! I work in Home Care and we have 2 Speech Therapists on our staff and they are always busy! Should be easy to find a job just about anywhere when you are done!

We really did have a nice time at Busch! And I didn't realize you worked in Home Care. I know Nathan had considered it as an option for if/when he slows down on the painting front. But I'm not surprised you cross paths with speech therapists. There's a lot of work for speech paths with older folks who've had strokes that affect their language. I'm hopeful—we're told by previous students that sometimes it's hard to find a job right in our small city, but as long as we're willing to move we shouldn't have any trouble getting a job right away when we graduate. Nathan and I are pretty mobile right now, so I'm not worried :)

I love the blonde hair! Super cute!

Oh my gosh, how incredible that you were able to feed giraffes! What a cool experience!

Thanks so much!! I liked being blonde, too...but now those days are already gone...

The giraffes really made the day so special! We had a great time :)

After pouring in dozens and dozens of hours the last month or so for my exam, I'm finally able to say I'm pretty sure I can pass it. So, time for catching up... everywhere!

Congrats!!

This calls for a Steppe's Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooty and a few dancing bananas!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:hyper: Thanks!

:laughing: Of course you did!

I'm usually pretty good and knowing when to push him out of his comfort zone for something he'll enjoy. This...may not have been one of those times. :rotfl:

Love me a good derpy giraffe :lovestruc

Awwwww! I love this shot!

Thanks! We were having a genuinely wonderful time meeting the giraffes.

Yum!! That sounds amazing too!

He really enjoyed it. We seem to keep going back to Cookes of Dublin.

Hi Meghan! My name is Alison and I am really enjoying your TR! I know I am super late to the party, but I saw your TR title on another TR and I just had to come and rad all about your Disney Wedding and Disneymoon!

Hi, Alison! Thanks so much for reading!

Oh my gosh, can I just say your wedding pictures were just spectacular! Your castle photos were making me smile so wide!!

Thank you so much! Such awesome memories :)

Also, I'm loving all the special experiences you have been describing, such as swimming with Dolphins and feeding giraffes!

Thanks! We really used our honeymoon as an excuse to go all out and try some things we normally wouldn't splurge on. ...but I think it made us spoiled, so now we've got a few of those types of things booked for our anniversary trip, too.

That feeding the giraffes tour at Busch Gardens sounds really fun! Kind of the perfect thing to splurge on when you already have free tickets to the park. Glad to hear you didn't overdo it, though! That guide wasn't being overdramatic, people who aren't used to Florida can get knocked out by the heat in the summer.

It was really cool! And totally worth it. It was a short tour, but really quite reasonably priced. Only around $30 per person, if I remember correctly. I can only imagine how many tourists succumb to the Florida heat in summer. We stayed very well-hydrated, wore lots of sunscreen, breathable clothes, and occasionally hats, and we still had a few close calls.

I think the sketch Dooney is what I have in the crossbody, and if it is then I can understand you wanting to get it. It's gorgeous!

It's such a great pattern! I'm so into it. :lovestruc

You are really great at writing trip reports! (I mean, it didn't put me to sleep:p LOL!) I enjoyed your humor that you put into it and all of the little details! I thoroughly enjoyed your wedding day and am now begging my daughter (she is only 19 and not even CLOSE to getting a ring on her finger) to get married Disney style!:worship: My husband and I honeymooned in Disney....many, many moons ago...1999:rolleyes1. Yup! We are ooollllddd!!!

Thanks so much!! :blush: I hope your daughter gets on board with a Disney wedding when the time comes, because it really was SO magical! And Disney honeymoons are so special, as you would know. :lovestruc

I enjoyed getting a peek at Busch Gardens too! I had only been there once when I was about 6 or 7 years old. WAAYYY back when Disney only consisted of MK & Epcot! I do not really remember much of it but it is so neat to see how wonderful of a park it is!

I hadn't been to Busch since I was a kid, and we really did enjoy it! I'd love to go back sometime if it fits well into a future trip.

CONGRATS on finishing your first year of your masters program! pixiedust: What a great accomplishment and after all is said and done, even with so much work that has been put in and will be ahead of you, it will be so worth it in the end! Good for you for continuing your education!!!

Thank you!! It's been a slog at times, but worth it.

I am so sorry that you had hit a rough patch and I am glad that you are able to come to the Dis to find encouragement and friendship! I hope things are better for you now and continue to be!

Thanks so much. The Dis really is such an awesome community to find some extra support when you're having a tough time.

Lastly, I LOVE the new hair and look forward to following more of your many trips to come!!!

Thanks so much! I really liked the blonde look...but, alas, it's already gone! Some days I think I should have just stuck with it, but I'm having enough fun with my next new look that it's worth the change, at least for now.

I have read all your TRs but rarely comment. I recently went gluten free (not officially diagnosed celiac but I feel way better when I don’t eat gluten) so I’m going to be re-reading and taking notes on your dining experiences!

Hi, Gina! :wave2: I know exactly what that's like. I had a blood test showing I had a high likelihood of celiac, but I never did get an actual diagnosis because by the time I got to my scope appointment, I'd already been off gluten for over a month and was feeling better, so I just decided to stay away from it. For the most part, dining gluten free at Disney has been a breeze, compared to what it's like trying to eat at restaurants at home. If I'm considering a new Disney restaurant, I also like to check if there's any info on it on the Gluten Free and Dairy Free at WDW website. Sarah's got some good information and reviews there. If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Oh my gosh, guys! I'm thinking it's about time that we start a drinking game for this TR. You drink every time I come back here and say something about how busy I've been and/or where does the time go?, etc. Also, I think I should probably change the name of it to "Meghan's Trip Report of Good Intentions."

Uggh. I was planning to get back here about a week ago. How is that even possible? Where does the time go? ...oops. *drinks*

I had great intentions of getting the updates up this past week for the next day of the trip, and I even have all the pictures ready to go, but I did NOT anticipate how busy life on the road would be. Last week I started travelling with N for his work for the summer, and we road tripped from Nova Scotia to Ottawa, Ontario—the capital of Canada, for those who might not be up on their Canadian geography—so N could paint at Ottawa Comic Con. It was two days of driving, three incredibly busy days at the con (where we'd work hard all day painting and making sales, and then come home at night and shower and immediately fall into bed!), and then two days of driving home. I've already consumed almost two full audiobooks. Now I've been home the last two days, and then tomorrow morning we hit the road again! This time we'll be gone for about three weeks straight, so I've been struggling to pack for a three week trip, including snacks/meals for an allergy-ridden diner. It's a challenge! (This three-week trip will also include my solo days at Disney, and I'm getting pretty excited!)

My good friend Haynnk the septopus has also been travelling with us and has been documenting his experiences. If you're the kind of person who enjoys Instagram, you can feel free to follow him @findinghaynnk to see some of the places we go this summer.

pPdVD6U.jpg

In other big news, my lovely blonde do is now a thing of the past, and has been replaced with this frosty look:

D2al6HU.jpg

g2HeSFq.jpg

ToSEyZG.jpg

I'm having lots of fun with blue hair! Pastels are a pain though because they fade really quickly, so every couple of washes I end up with slightly greenish fading locks and I touch up the colour or change it up a bit. I'm planning to try out a few different colours over the summer break, before returning to school in the fall with a more "professional" look again.

Speaking of returning to school...as of yesterday I finally found that I will, indeed, be returning to school for my second year! I just got word that I've passed all of my courses....and that means I live to fight another day!!

3mc2sO2.gif

While in Ottawa, in the limited time when we weren't working or sleeping, we got a chance to take a couple of hours and see a bit of the city, see some of the tulips from the beginning of the Canadian Tulip Festival, and visit Parliament (where the Canadian government does its governing stuff.)

XBAhdX8.jpg

mr57MwP.jpg

Alright. So I'm hopeful that the updates for the next trip day will make it from my fingertips to your computer screens as soon as this time tomorrow.

0YQpKMR.gif

Be warned: this is gonna' be a big day! (Not wedding-big or anything though. So if you've read to this point, I know you can handle it!) There are lots of pictures, so I'll try my best to limit the chatter and let them speak for themselves over the course of the several updates they will require (due to photo limits.) See ya' real soon!

Hi Meghan :wave:
I'm glad you aren't updating quick, since I'm following along at a snail's pace anyway!

Loved reading about your Busch Gardens day. We used to go often when I was little since my great-grandmother lived in Fl. and I have fond memories of the park. I've wanted to get back and now have 2 free passes in my possession from a work thing, so I know we'll go in the next 14 months before the expire. Ricky and I will enjoy all the coasters and all the animal exhibits look great!
but I have to say, this giraffe topiary takes first prize! Just the best.
Very nice!

Speaking of returning to school...as of yesterday I finally found that I will, indeed, be returning to school for my second year! I just got word that I've passed all of my courses....and that means I live to fight another day!!
party:
Safe travels on your next road trip!

Congrats on passing all your courses!!! I know you worked really hard at them.

Love the hair, and it seems like the perfect fun thing to do while you're traveling around with your husband this summer. Fun!

I spy your Poly dress in some of your selfies! :goodvibes

In case I'm not back here before your next trip, have fun on your solo adventure to Disney!!

Oh my gosh, guys! I'm thinking it's about time that we start a drinking game for this TR. You drink every time I come back here and say something about how busy I've been and/or where does the time go?, etc. Also, I think I should probably change the name of it to "Meghan's Trip Report of Good Intentions."

:rotfl:

(This three-week trip will also include my solo days at Disney, and I'm getting pretty excited!)

You sound so busy, but look! A silver lining!

Very pretty! I like it!

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Your hair looks so awesome! Perfect idea to use the summer to get creative with it :)

Have so much fun on this upcoming travel and enjoy your enjoy solo time at Disney!

Oh my gosh, guys! I'm thinking it's about time that we start a drinking game for this TR. You drink every time I come back here and say something about how busy I've been and/or where does the time go?, etc.
I'm game!! :drinking1

(This three-week trip will also include my solo days at Disney, and I'm getting pretty excited!)
WOO HOO!!!!!!:jumping1:

I will, indeed, be returning to school for my second year! I just got word that I've passed all of my courses....and that means I live to fight another day!!
That's awesome, Meghan!!!! Congratulations :) And now you can truly enjoy your travelin' summer without being anxious about that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!