"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

I believe this was supposed to be me as Peter, "flying?" I share this, despite my own shame, for your personal entertainment
:rotfl:I love it!

...Peter Pan and his shadow

R, the reading over my shoulder husband, said this was very clever and I agree!

The actual bath kind, not the I'll-eat-your-face kind.) Then it was time to hop a monorail to the MK and get our party on!
I was wondering... bath salts have gotten such a bad zombie rap... “bath salts party” could mean so many different things

I can't remember for certain, but I think we may have each ordered our own this time...because N was probably catching on to the fact by now that if I "shared" with him, I'd eat all of i
Yes, I’m not ashamed to admit that with some desserts in our household it’s one per person, or else it’s figuring out a way to divide dessert so that someone *ahem* isn’t sharing my half too!!

spoooooookkkyyyyyy
Ooo soooo spoopy!
:laughing:
Tu94Nvq.jpg

I include this picture below, not because it's one of my favourites
I’m on the iPad so having multi quote woes but the above picture is ADORABLE! And I love this pp location - I feel like they’re rarely busy.

I love that bunny
She’s so cute, I need to watch zootopia AGAIN soon!

"Actually, I would like you to give me MORE junk food, please." So both times I went, I just asked for a few things and then left. :sad1:
Umm I see no shame in asking them to load you up! You worked hard for those tokens! (And now can’t resist making up words to carry on the song... “Sooo hard for the tokens, so they better feed you right” :rotfl:)

Adorable! So glad your meet worked out! And why does @suse66 look so cute and composed in all the parks photos?!

if I was going to make it through the fireworks and parade, I decided I'd need a snack
Obviously!

While we were there, a CM noticed our "Just Married" buttons and offered us a little pixie dust in the form of two free Mickey straws
Which are basically my favorite, score! Plus the dinner show :lovestruc Sonny Eclipse is my other boyfriend...

He rode Space...

9p0lNsB.jpg
Bahahaha love N’s face!

We were both so impressed with this show! I think it's probably taken the place of N's favourite nighttime show now, and it's pretty close for me, too
:love: I was just trying to justify a MNSSHP myself...

I'm a fan of parades anyway, but I was seriously impressed with this one! I tried not to be influenced by all the hype surrounding the Boo to You parade, and how it's the best parade, etc....but now I really agree that it is!
omg I LOVE this parade. I watch/listen to it on YouTube all the time. Soooo glad the rain didn’t keep you from seeing it!!!

Ah, MNSSHP, how I love thee :love: I'm actually more of a Christmas person except when it comes to fall/Halloween in Disney, as MNSSHP is my absolute favorite event there. We haven't been since the Hocus Pocus show started, and while I'm sad they got rid of the Villain stage show with the meet and greet that followed I am a fan of Hocus Pocus. Glad you had a good time despite the rain! I'm sure I said this way back on your PTR but I adore your costumes :goodvibes

I think Boo To You is the best parade ever and the best part of MNSSHP!

I think your elevator experience was someone's (some spirit's?) way of making up for you missing the end of the HP show ;)

...Peter Pan and his shadow!

This is one of the most clever costume ideas I've seen!

Not to be thwarted, I ended up buying a white polo instead, and dyeing it green at home in my mop bucket!

Way to be creative!

This color coordination :thumbsup2

SO CUTE!!

This magic shot came out so good!

We were both so impressed with this show!

Agreed! I'm not a huge fan of fireworks, but HalloWishes really blew me away

but I truly think that I prefer the Halloween decorations at the MK to the Christmas ones, or to any other seasonal decor at WDW

Definitely prefer Halloween to Christmas decorations at Magic Kingdom... but the Christmas decorations at DHS are my favorite of all. :love:

Suddenly, in the middle of a musical number, all the performers must have gotten a message that the stage conditions were unsafe because they all suddenly turned and left the stage and the show was called off.

Aw no, what a bummer!

'm a fan of parades anyway, but I was seriously impressed with this one! I tried not to be influenced by all the hype surrounding the Boo to You parade, and how it's the best parade, etc....but now I really agree that it is!

SAME! It's so good!

When we got back to the WL, we had the scariest experience of our Halloween-themed night! You may recall that I mentioned earlier about the terrible luck we'd had with creepy elevators on our trip. This night, by far, was the worst. We got into the elevator, along with another couple, to go up to our room. It started to go up, and then stopped, kind of jostled a little, and made a terrible, low, metallic-type sound! We looked at the other couple, and they looked back at us. We were stopped, so we tried hitting the open door button. It didn't do anything. Then we tried the emergency button. The elevator gave a tiny lurch. As a last-ditch attempt, we hit the open door button again...and after a few seconds the doors opened to the ground floor again. We all got out, nervously laughing to each other. The other couple, understandably, opted to take the stairs. N decided we should risk taking the other elevator up to our room, and while I wasn't too keen on the idea, it got us there without incident. After a little too much extra excitement that night, I was ready for bed!

Yikes, real life Tower of Terror!

Enjoyed your teaser for the summer/arts tour trip report. I look forward to following along. Thanks, also, for your endorsement of the Trevor Noah book. He seems like a sharp guy from what I have seen of him.

Your hair is gorgeous in purple pastel! Kudos to your stylist. And congrats to you and your mom on the 5K.

*************************************************************************************

Wow! That was a super weird experience at Boma. Sounds like a very awkward experience with your waitress and a downright scary encounter with all of the incorrect info from the chefs tour.

Funny that you scored free mimosas at Boma. While we were there for an anniversary dinner we were given free glasses of champagne and dessert. We don't really drink much and we were way too stuffed to enjoy the dessert, but it's the thought that counts, right? Guess this is the place to go to celebrate life's milestones.

I'm impressed that you managed the 3 headliners at EPCOT in the morning, despite some difficulties. Behind the seeds is definitely worth the cost and time. I don't remember the name of the shriveling plant either but it really is fascinating.

N. Got to Touch the Melons, a Disney Trip Report

I agree- feeding the fish was so much fun!

Sunshine Seasons is my Future World dining spot of choice!

Great way to spend the morning!!!

:goodvibes

WOW!!! I love your Peter Pan and Shadow costumes! Very clever and comfortable.

You did a great job hitting your bucket list items.

The Pooh characters in costume are really cute and you got a great picture with them. A shorter-than-expected wait is always appreciated.

The rain must have been annoying, but at least you saw the fireworks and parade, and some of the Hocus Pocus show. Great fireworks pictures. You had a great spot for that. GRRRR on being moved from the place you waited for the Hocus Pocus show, though.

A malfunctioning elevator is NOT what you want to encounter at the end of a long, exhausting day!

:faint:

Love your costumes!!! We were just discussing our options tonight at dinner. Pretty sure we're going with Toy Story theme for G but the big boys keep changing their minds on exactly which characters :rolleyes:

Thank you!! Toy Story would be soo cute for you guys! Now your guys just need to make up their minds!! :laughing: I've just finished ordering and making things for our costumes this year. Photos to come soon.

Oh this will be us...forever waiting in long lines. C said our plan is characters, trick or treating, parade, and fireworks (maybe).

Sounds like C has a handle on things! :goodvibes I think it's really neat that you can meet some characters here that you don't get to see anywhere else. I'm thinking this year that I want to see Moana if she's there again, so that one will be a long wait. And also possibly the Queen of Hearts...which will go well with our costumes! :thumbsup2

Note to self: watch the earlier parade if rain is probable. C said our plan is to watch the later one since he keeps reading that it is less crowded.

Yeah! C is definitely right about that. And that was our rationale, too. But I'd just go into it with a willingness to be a bit flexible if the weather looks iffy, and if the parade is a priority. We'll probably still aim for the later parade this time...not sure?...but we'll be ready to change things up on the fly if need be because the parade was excellent and I wouldn't want to miss it! :goodvibes

R, the reading over my shoulder husband, said this was very clever and I agree!

Thanks!

I was wondering... bath salts have gotten such a bad zombie rap... “bath salts party” could mean so many different things

:laughing: So true!

I’m on the iPad so having multi quote woes but the above picture is ADORABLE! And I love this pp location - I feel like they’re rarely busy.

Thank you! I also love this spot. It's great for getting the castle in your pictures without a crowd of strangers behind you, and I agree that it rarely seems busy. We had a PP photographer who was earning her ears, and she really went above and beyond with us. I didn't include the picture where she made me do the Peter's signature victory-call crowing thing...but we were having a TIME!

Umm I see no shame in asking them to load you up! You worked hard for those tokens! (And now can’t resist making up words to carry on the song... “Sooo hard for the tokens, so they better feed you right” :rotfl:)

:rotfl: Yes, exactly!!

Adorable! So glad your meet worked out! And why does @suse66 look so cute and composed in all the parks photos?!

Right? She always looks so sweet and photogenic!

Which are basically my favorite, score! Plus the dinner show :lovestruc Sonny Eclipse is my other boyfriend...

:rotfl: Understandably so!

:love: I was just trying to justify a MNSSHP myself...

Really...it's pretty easy to justify...that parade though...those fireworks...I think I feel a party coming on!! :hyper:

I'm sure I said this way back on your PTR but I adore your costumes :goodvibes

Thank you!!

I think Boo To You is the best parade ever and the best part of MNSSHP!

Agreed! Such a great parade! I like Festival of Fantasy, and I love the Christmas parade, but Boo to You is my favourite by far.

I think your elevator experience was someone's (some spirit's?) way of making up for you missing the end of the HP show ;)

:laughing: Must have been! So creepy...

This is one of the most clever costume ideas I've seen!

Thank you! N kept getting this proud look on his face every time someone would be looking at us confused and then suddenly understand what our costumes were, and their face would light up! :goodvibes

This magic shot came out so good!

I think this is such a cool shot! We were really overdoing it for the camera when they told us to look scared, but now I think it's a really cool hilarious photo, so it worked out!

Definitely prefer Halloween to Christmas decorations at Magic Kingdom... but the Christmas decorations at DHS are my favorite of all. :love:

Ooh, you make a good point here! DHS definitely does have the best Christmas decor.

Yikes, real life Tower of Terror!

No kidding! :scared1:

and that is why i dont do elevators..... just sayin!!

You might be on to something here! :laughing:

Your hair is gorgeous in purple pastel! Kudos to your stylist. And congrats to you and your mom on the 5K.

Thank you so much! It's been an exciting couple of weeks! :goodvibes Now all the new exciting things are just starting to settle down just in time for N to get home tomorrow and take me back on the road with him. I didn't anticipate that I'd have such a busy summer when I opted not to apply for a "real job," but it's probably been my most exciting summer to date! :goodvibes

Wow! That was a super weird experience at Boma. Sounds like a very awkward experience with your waitress and a downright scary encounter with all of the incorrect info from the chefs tour.

It really was so strange, and potentially dangerous! But in the end it all worked out, and we got our delicious breakfast, which was all that mattered.

Funny that you scored free mimosas at Boma. While we were there for an anniversary dinner we were given free glasses of champagne and dessert. We don't really drink much and we were way too stuffed to enjoy the dessert, but it's the thought that counts, right? Guess this is the place to go to celebrate life's milestones.

It really seems to be!! Spoiler alert: we actually ended up getting MORE free mimosas the next day. Actually...even more free stuff than that...but that's coming up soon!

N. Got to Touch the Melons, a Disney Trip Report

:rotfl: This is excellent!

Sunshine Seasons is my Future World dining spot of choice!

I agree with you. I'm a big fan. It's just so nice to get some real food at a quick service speed/price.

WOW!!! I love your Peter Pan and Shadow costumes! Very clever and comfortable.

Thank you! My goal was to find something fun that we both liked, that worked with my short hair, but that wouldn't be too hot or uncomfortable in August. I think we did okay! I've just finished making and ordering things for our costumes this year, so photos to come soon for that. :thumbsup2

The rain must have been annoying, but at least you saw the fireworks and parade, and some of the Hocus Pocus show. Great fireworks pictures. You had a great spot for that. GRRRR on being moved from the place you waited for the Hocus Pocus show, though.

The rain definitely put a damper on things...or, more appropriately, a dampener? :laughing: But we did well to get in as many of our priorities as we did. And the party offerings were awesome!

[QUOTE="MeghanEmily, post: 59365492,
You might be on to something here! :laughing:[/QUOTE]

No Joke - I make dh find tje stairs if we arent on the bottom floor - even at disney!!

i was stuck in one at a young age and it scarred me for life!!

No Joke - I make dh find tje stairs if we arent on the bottom floor - even at disney!!

i was stuck in one at a young age and it scarred me for life!!

I can only imagine how that would turn you off elevators for life! Totally understandable. Elevators make me a bit dizzy anyway (#brainproblems), and after this experience, and hearing about yours, I might think twice before riding in one from now on...

which means that maybe I'll actually get this TR finished at some point after all! :worship:
Noooo....
N ordered our favourite, the Can't Believe it's Not Chicken, and he got them to prepare it safely for allergies so I could nibble if I wanted to.

3ntNTBI.jpg

(They've since changed the rice in this dish, and it makes me SOO upset because it used to be wildly addictive, and now it's just plain white [jasmine? don't remember...] rice. I got far more emotional than was probably merited when I found this out the hard way after ordering the dish in May.)
Why would they do that? I really liked this when I had it, more than I expected!

I can't remember for certain, but I think we may have each ordered our own this time...because N was probably catching on to the fact by now that if I "shared" with him, I'd eat all of it. :goodvibes
:rotfl: Zack claims I always eat all the fries on the way home from the drive thur... I don't believe him.
It also felt a little awkward and gluttonous to be like, "Actually, I would like you to give me MORE junk food, please."
:laughing: Silly to not base it on the tokens. I feel like that would make it hard to explain if you had your kids and one needed allergy friendly treats. Why did Bobby get more/less than Susie even though we went to the same stations?
We thanked him and got in line, playing road-trip-type games to pass the time, and chatting with our queue neighbours. Shortly, they went to get their costumes on and returned. Our hour-long wait ended up only being 36 minutes, so I was thrilled with that! I couldn't believe how cute they all looked dressed up!
So cute! Zack about died when he saw the character lines at the Christmas party. I drug him around looking for Mary Poppins and Bert.
Okay, so I think the turkey leg thing is a little strange, but I've accepted it as a Disney classic.
I never got the turkey leg... here, the fair, the racetrack... Too messy for me! I'd feel like my hands were greasy all day :) I'm glad N liked it!
While we were there, a CM noticed our "Just Married" buttons and offered us a little pixie dust in the form of two free Mickey straws. :goodvibes
DREAMS DO COME TRUE.

:rotfl: I would be ridiculously excited about this. Because I am 5.
I went into the gift shop and inquired about party-specific pins, and they pulled some out for me...which I, naturally, purchased. I have a problem.
I have nowhere good to put pins, which is the only thing that has stopped me. If i had a bulletin board at work...
The Hocus Pocus show commenced, and I was excited to see it because I had watched Hocus Pocus for the very first time a couple of weeks prior to the trip in preparation for the Halloween party. (I can't believe I'd never watched it before!!) Unfortunately, the rain was starting to come down more steadily several minutes after the show started. Suddenly, in the middle of a musical number, all the performers must have gotten a message that the stage conditions were unsafe because they all suddenly turned and left the stage and the show was called off. A collective *Awwwwwwww* was heard from all throughout the crowd. I was disappointed, but I'm a "safety first" kinda girl, so I understood.
I love Hocus Pocus. Understandable, but always sad.
We got into the elevator, along with another couple, to go up to our room. It started to go up, and then stopped, kind of jostled a little, and made a terrible, low, metallic-type sound! We looked at the other couple, and they looked back at us. We were stopped, so we tried hitting the open door button. It didn't do anything. Then we tried the emergency button. The elevator gave a tiny lurch.
My worst nightmare. I have to take a freight elevator at work occassionally and I'm always afraid I'll get stuck on it. Thank goodness it's only one floor.

Love your costumes!

Wow the sky really did look ominous. I'm sorry it did end up raining but it sounds like you got a lot done despite it! The pics with the Pooh Gang are adorable!

I'm glad you loved Hallowishes and the parade! That stinks that the Hocus Pocus show was cancelled midway through :(

Why would they do that? I really liked this when I had it, more than I expected!

Right!? It just seems silly! They had such a winner there with that rice...why mess with a good thing!? But maybe it came down to money. It's cheaper to only need to prepare one kind of rice to go with multiple things maybe? I considered complaining. :laughing:

:rotfl: Zack claims I always eat all the fries on the way home from the drive thur... I don't believe him.

Haha this is SO me, too! I wouldn't definitely do that! I don't eat a lot. I mostly graze in small portions throughout the day. But when it comes down to stealing junk food, I'm a master!

:laughing: Silly to not base it on the tokens. I feel like that would make it hard to explain if you had your kids and one needed allergy friendly treats. Why did Bobby get more/less than Susie even though we went to the same stations?

I had thought about this, too!

DREAMS DO COME TRUE.

:rotfl: I would be ridiculously excited about this. Because I am 5.

Haha yes!! I love those straws far more than an adult should. I'm really addicted to the frozen lemonades they sell at the MK...but I will neither confirm, nor deny, whether it has anything to do with them coming with a Mickey straw... :confused3

I have nowhere good to put pins, which is the only thing that has stopped me. If i had a bulletin board at work...

I really need somewhere good to display mine, too. A friend from school is getting more into pin collecting, and she ordered a cute Disney-themed bulletin board for them. I really need to up my game.

Love your costumes!

Thank you!!

Wow the sky really did look ominous. I'm sorry it did end up raining but it sounds like you got a lot done despite it!

It was pretty angry-looking, but it could have been much worse. I remember after buying the party tickets I read a few reports about how it rained for someone's whole party and it ruined the night and made it not worth it, and so my biggest worry going in was that it would rain...and then it did!...but it ended up not being that big a deal at all because it was on and off and timed right for us to be able to see and do most things. It went much better than it could have, all things considered.

The pics with the Pooh Gang are adorable!

They're so sweet! And impeccably well-dressed! :goodvibes

LOVE your costumes! Incredibly clever and fairly comfortable (or as comfortable as you can be in August in Florida ...) idea for the party. We love the MNSSHP parade -- I'm not a super-excited-parade-type person, but we never miss the one for the Halloween party. Looks like the only thing they decided to cancel because of the weather was the Headless Horseman at the beginning.

All of my stories tend to gravitate back to our East Coast cruise last fall (LOL!), but after the cruise, we spent a few days in the Boston area before coming home. On one of those days, we went up to Salem, which was super cool all around since my daughter was in the middle of "Crucible" rehearsals at school, but that's also where Hocus Pocus was filmed, so we saw the house & the high school, etc. where it was filmed.

It was already starting to rain at the point this picture was taken, and it's certainly not one of my most flattering looks, but I still love it because it reminds me of our lovely meet, and also because the three of us made up: Peter, his shadow, and the Blue Fairy! :goodvibes Thanks so much for saying hello, Susan! Hopefully :) we'll cross paths again this August!
It was so nice to meet you Meghan! Even though we were a little damp and disheveled, it is still a cute pic. I am sure we will run into each other this summer! :)

After our Dismeet, I had another priority: to ride Peter Pan as Peter Pan. That's where we went next.
Love, love this pic!!

I couldn't believe how cute they all looked dressed up!
Oh my! I am a little jealous over this meet.....I missed the line by 5 minutes! Next time......

We had time, so I decided to get in line for the Haunted Mansion photopass picture with the ghostly driver. As you can see below, it was a pretty traumatic experience:
Awesome!!

We were both so impressed with this show! I think it's probably taken the place of N's favourite nighttime show now, and it's pretty close for me, too.
Loved Hallowishes too! I am looking forward to seeing it from the Poly beach this summer.

I'm a fan of parades anyway, but I was seriously impressed with this one! I tried not to be influenced by all the hype surrounding the Boo to You parade, and how it's the best parade, etc....but now I really agree that it is! I loved the grave diggers, who managed to make sparks on the ground with their shovels despite all the rain. For that matter, I loved all of the Haunted Mansion-inspired performers. The villain floats were excellent, and it was a neat opportunity to see some rarely-viewed characters. The music is SO catchy! I was so glad that they managed to put on the parade for us, despite the nasty conditions.
I feel the exact way about the parade. I saw the first one with the Headless Horsemen. I watched at Town Square and there was even a super cute dance party beforehand with Judy from Zootopia. I was absolutely OBSESSED with all the Haunted Mansion pieces.

It started to go up, and then stopped, kind of jostled a little, and made a terrible, low, metallic-type sound!
Yikes!!! I would have been walking up the stairs for sure!

You are too sweet, Melinda! It was awesome to meet Meghan and N! Maybe one day I'll run into you at the World!

Right? She always looks so sweet and photogenic!
Oh my gosh, now I am going to get a big head! I am pretty damp in this pic and I think any makeup I attempted to put on slid right off in the heat and rain but oh well.

Incidentally, I have never seen any thing less than absolutely gorgeous pictures of the two of you!

Since I worked sooo hard to get caught up only to fall behind again, I'm not going to try to multiquote since it takes more time.

Great costume idea! You did a good job and cleaver dying your polo.
You should not be embarrassed about your "flying" photo...it's a good picture...you should be proud of it. I think it captures your playful spirit wonderfully!
The PP photos were really nice.
Don't criticize your photography...that's reserved for me to do of my crappy photos :lmao: Seriously, your parade photos were good.
Too bad about the rain.
Glad I booked MNSSHP for our September trip. Hopefully in Sep, we won't have issues with evening rain, but I'll keep an eye on the forecast.
ToT satellite ride at WL huh? Sorry about that. Hopefully they had someone working on it right away.

I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy half a mimosa. If you can't enjoy some adult juice at breakfast on your Disneymoon, then when can you? :rotfl2:

I feel like the Behind the Seeds tour would be awesome for people who love to garden. However, I do agree, more people on the tour would probably have been nice.

I can't believe you guys were able to ride all three Tier 1 attractions that morning! Busy, busy day before the Halloween Party.

Love your Peter Pan costumes. Such a cute idea. Landon also approved of it. :rotfl:

Sorry to hear the weather wasn't cooperating for you guys that night. But it looks like you made the best of it and got a lot accomplished. The Winnie the Pooh characters in their costumes is just too adorable.

Yikes! That elevator sounded terrifying. I don't think you could have gotten me on another one after that. At least not that same night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter