"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Also, fun fact: the woman who sings the Canada song from the O Canada Epcot film was the winner of our less-successful version of American Idol, "Canadian Idol"...like a decade ago...and I remember being super obsessed with her in middle school or early high school when she won. I called in from our landline and voted for her on the show every week! :P

Oh my goodness that IS a fun fact! I'm going to have to look her up now. I love that Canada song and always try to hit her high notes (alone in the car I am great at it, somehow my car concert practices don't improve my ahem *fantastic* singing voice otherwise) so I could definitely see her being popular!

:rotfl: I had forgotten about call-in voting on American Idol. I feel old now! Can you imagine that now? It seems so bizarre.

Just caught up. Excellent tr.

Thanks so much for reading!

I love that Canada song and always try to hit her high notes (alone in the car I am great at it, somehow my car concert practices don't improve my ahem *fantastic* singing voice otherwise)

:rotfl:

:rotfl: I had forgotten about call-in voting on American Idol. I feel old now! Can you imagine that now? It seems so bizarre.

Right!?? Seems so strange to me now! Sometimes 10 years ago doesn't seem like it was all that long ago...and sometimes it's like a world away!

Happy Wife, Happy Life! — a Pixie-Dusted Day at WDW
Disney Day 12 - Part 1

Regretting not getting to eat in Theresa's section at Boma, (Theresa is our favourite server there, you may recall,) we decided at the last minute to book another breakfast there for this day. We drove over to AKL, and I took a picture of this Tower of Terror ad, telling N about how I remember my parents always pointing it out to me on vacation as a kid.

0zsSaLq.jpg

It felt a little like déjà vu walking up to the Jambo House entrance another morning...

WgDT80l.jpg

This morning we were fortunate to be able to sit in Theresa's section. We re-introduced ourselves to her, and she remembered us. Since this was our second Boma breakfast of the trip, which looked much like the first one, I've spared you the photos. Just imagine an overwhelmingly scrumptious buffet of American and African-inspired delights, and that's what it looked like. Without us even asking for them, Theresa brought us out our second free jungle juice mimosas of the trip! The restaurant's gift to us! (Not wanting to risk the effects of alcohol a second time in one trip, I asked N to drink mine.) It was at the end of the meal, however, that Theresa gave us the biggest sprinkling of pixie dust of our trip...We got our bill, and this is what it said:

X9wlFy9.jpg

Theresa gifted us with our breakfast, in celebration of our wedding! What an amazingly generous gesture! :eek::lovestruc We couldn't thank her enough. Even before her kind gift, we were just so glad to have been able to see her again for another milestone in our lives. She told us to make sure we come back and see her after the birth of our first baby. ...we'll see on that one... :scared::confused3

After our breakfast, we went back to WL and took it easy for the morning. We napped a bit, still exhausted from our late night the night before, and watched a little TV. I wandered around for a bit and took some pictures of the beautiful resort.

Mh2yMHm.jpg

GSqGjA8.jpg

d2lAUMr.jpg

zYl0wto.jpg

3Gkfb5k.jpg

Before we knew it, it was lunch time. I'd booked us a last-minute ADR for Whispering Canyon Cafe, because I wanted to try out the gluten free version of their all-you-can-eat skillet, and we already had dinner plans that night, so it had to be lunch. This was going to be a serious day for food. Uggh. :sick:

I don't remember the antics of the meal being particularly memorable...at least not this time for lunch...our breakfast there later was a bit more so, but I'll get to that in due time... I do remember that the skillet was excellent though. (Much better than when we went back and tried it again in December. :confused3) N and I were both given an allergy-friendly skillet to share, and then N was also given a plate with a few of his own regular offerings that weren't safe for allergies.

CZh8STS.jpg

LURZafF.jpg

I was also pretty psyched to be given my own slice of allergy-friendly cornbread!

sq3j6US.jpg

I love cornbread, and I rarely eat it anymore since going gluten free and dealing with other food sensitivities. This allergy version was quite sweet because the base is a gluten free yellow cake mix, but I like my cornbread a little on the sweeter side, so that didn't bother me. It was warm and not at all dry, and I may or may not have asked for at least a second helping before the meal was out. :goodvibes

After lunch, I wanted to browse the WL merch. I ended up getting a red WL sweatshirt that I love— @Raeven also has the same one! —and I would end up being very thankful I'd purchased it when we got back to Maine a few days later and I felt like our northern summers were suddenly freezing!! :cold: I also couldn't decide between two resort pins...so I bought both. Again, I have a problem. :blush:

We chilled out at the resort some more, where I decided it was important to document the large array of toiletries we'd been given...

U8Eqlbd.jpg

...until it was time to head over to Hollywood Studios. There, we met Starlord and Groot...

1OpbAlY.jpg

...and we had the most adorable interaction with wee Baby Groot! Starlord (who was on his game today!!) was telling Groot all about how we'd just gotten married, and Groot's expressions as he responded, shocked, with "I am Grrooooot!" were adorable, and perfectly-matched to the conversation. It was super cute.

JQhg9OB.jpg

ySM0PRn.jpg

Xcqhol1.jpg

It was nearly time for our third (count 'em, THIRD!) ADR of the day. We were having dinner at the Hollywood Brown Derby. I knew I just wanted something light there, so I wasn't too worried about not being able to make it through a third table service meal that day. But it still felt like we'd been eating pretty much all day long...mostly because we had.

Now, for a little context: N and I say that when it comes to the HBD, I'm cursed. The first time I ever went was with my mom, and when she and I returned to go back a second time on a subsequent trip, I ended up getting too sick to stay for the meal, and we had to take it with us to go. Fast forward a couple of years to my first trip with N: I was two years post-neurosurgery, but things still weren't totally under control, and I was having more bad days then than I typically do now. I had been doing reasonably well on that trip to that point though, so I didn't anticipate any problems there. We ordered our meals, and I was in a bad way before the appetizers even hit the table. Another to go meal from HBD for me. At this point, N was ready to give up on the HBD for good...but I love me some cobb salad, so I was hopeful as we were led in for our reservation this time...

I still wasn't super hungry after our big lunch, so I just ordered an entree size of the famous cobb salad for my meal, with a couple of changes to make it allergy-safe. I think N also ordered the same thing, but with no modifications. Before the salads arrived, our second pixie-dusted free alcohol of the day arrived...champagne!

ABSaO48.jpg

Once again, N had to do the job of downing his drink and mine. He's a big guy, so it makes me laugh that he's actually a bit of a light-weight. He was feeling a little...bubbly...by the end of the second glass.

Our salads were excellent. But as we were eating them, things started getting crazy!

As we had entered the restaurant for our meal, it had just begun to rain. While we were in there, the heavens completely opened up, and it started pouring buckets. By the time we tucked into our salads, the thunder and lightning had arrived...and it was some of the worst I'd ever seen/heard, even for a Florida summer. We used to visit my step-father's family in Florida every other summer when I was a kid, so I'm no stranger to a good Florida downpour, but this was something else!! :eek: It was close, too, because at one point there was a blinding flash outside the restaurant windows, and then almost immediately, an enormous resounding boom that felt as if it were shaking the tables. People all around us shrieked in surprise and fear, then began to laugh, embarrassed, at themselves. It was at that moment, however, that N and I looked at each other eating and both came to the same conclusion: We were eating at the Brown Derby, and I wasn't getting sick!! :scared1: With that thunderous clap from the heavens, my curse had been broken!! Hallelujah! :worship:

I hadn't ordered dessert because I didn't have a huge appetite, but N had ordered their sampler of the mini desserts. When they brought dessert to the table, it turned out that they'd added a little extra pixie dust to our meal (...kind of. But I'll get back to that...) Anyway, they'd had the chef add some extra things to N's dessert to make it more special, and the chef also put something allergy-friendly together for me, on the house! The server told us that dessert was a gift from the restaurant for our wedding. Score!

N's dessert:

yBp3RmT.jpg

g1VJV28.jpg

And mine:

UfJ2mpz.jpg

jE3B2uE.jpg

I wish I'd realized the picture was blurry and had gotten a decent photo of it. But it was basically just a nicely-plated bowl of dairy free ice cream, and some berries, with little allergy-friendly chocolate cakes. The cakes had a yummy fruit compote over them, and there was also a house-made fruit leather on the plate, kind of like a real fancy-person fruit-by-the-foot. :laughing:

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal there, and thought it was so thoughtful of them to comp our desserts. And then we got the bill. When we looked at it, we were slightly put off by the fact that they hadn't taken the price of N's original dessert off the bill. That would have been fine, since he was planning to order a dessert anyway, but the server had specifically told us that it was a gift. They even altered the dessert N ordered, but still charged us for it as if they hadn't changed anything about it. It just felt...kind of weird. We wondered if it had been a mistake on the bill, or if the server just misspoke, but since we were planning to pay for his dessert when we ordered it anyway we just left it alone, paid the bill, and were on our way.

After dinner, it was still pouring, and we were looking for ways to dodge the rain. I went to the Little Mermaid show, and while I did, N decided that he wanted to do a ride on Star Tours. We met up afterwards and rode TSMM. And I won, of course.

DjIEVFv.jpg

Neither of us are fantastic at this game, but we're quite competitive about it. N always has better accuracy, but I usually get more points. This was my first ever "cat" score, so I was excited!

After the ride, it was still raining. Fantasmic is my favourite nighttime show, and I really didn't want to miss it, but we didn't want to sit in the rain and wait if it was going to be cancelled... We decided to risk it, and to stick it out. The rain let up quite a bit, and the show ended up going on as planned! :bounce:

fmjQE1m.jpg

I love this show. I listen to the soundtrack when I'm trying to be productive around the house, or when I'm out for a walk and want to put just a little more pep in my step. I just went jogging to it this morning, in fact, and when I got to the end bit where Sorceror Mickey is up on the top of the mountain, I felt as pumped as if I were running across the finish line of a big race!

After the show ended, however, the rain picked up again. We made our way out with the crowds, stopping as we hit the middle of Hollywood Boulevard to catch the last few minutes of the Star Wars fireworks. Then we headed out to the parking lot to drive back to the resort.

I was in a mood that night that felt almost as misty as the weather, and despite the damp night, I was trying to look up and all around and to soak in everything I saw. Maybe it was because I'd just watched my beloved Fantasmic, or because I was beginning to think about how near we were to the end of our dreamy Best Trip Ever, but all the lights that night shimmered through the fog just a little more magically than usual. I looked up at the palm trees above us, and noted that I wouldn't be seeing them much longer. Trying to hold on to that split-second in time, I took a photo:

EqYg5LD.jpg

Then I kind of chuckled to myself that N was the one who'd downed four free drinks that day, but that I was the one who was getting too emotional. :lmao:

We got back to our room at the WL, and I took a couple more photos...

aQnzRoN.jpg

xiSDG2M.jpg

...including the one I think I already posted with our view of the Contemporary and MK:

T5KIprd.jpg

The trip was quickly coming to an end, and we only had one more Disney day left before we hit the road and moved on to other things...or, at least, so we thought...

So so sweet of your server at Boma to comp your breakfasts! Happy happy disney wife life :P

The cakes had a yummy fruit compote over them, and there was also a house-made fruit leather on the plate, kind of like a real fancy-person fruit-by-the-foot
I mean, does anything scream romance quite like fruit by the foot? Bow wow chicka bow wow :rotfl:

And what did they even do to N's dessert? Cover it in Oreo crumbles to make sure you didn't eat any? I don't understand what happened to it... and then they changed what he ordered and still charged you for it :rolleyes2 :scratchin that's just so odd.

HOWEVER I will say I am so glad that you broke your curse and you were able to enjoy an allergy safe version of that yummy Cobb salad! That's what we had tonight for dinner (well the knock off "Melinda's special" version, of course)

including the one I think I already posted with our view of the Contemporary and MK
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: We had a similar view at New Years a few years ago and it was simply heavenly! (Sans the construction of the cabins which is now obviously complete)

I ended up getting a red WL sweatshirt that I love— @Raeven also has the same one! —

I love that sweatshirt so much!

with "I am Grrooooot!" were adorable, and perfectly-matched to the conversation. It was super cute.

JQhg9OB.jpg

Aw so cute!

Also you're Starlord has a really strange mustache :rotfl:

That would have been fine, since he was planning to order a dessert anyway, but the server had specifically told us that it was a gift.

So weird :confused3

Hi Meghan, I am super late to this trip report, but I have read all of you prior reports and I'm all caught up on this one and I have really enjoyed them all. Your wedding was beautiful, you got some really amazing pictures. Congratulations on finishing your first year of your masters program. My daughter is an SLP and just finished her masters degree a few years ago. She is really enjoying her work. The ASHA conference is in Orlando next year, so being the supportive Mom that I am I have agreed to go along with her so she won't be lonely:hyper:. I love Fantasmic too and listen to the sound track when I'm on the treadmill. It makes the time go by so much faster.

To all my Disfriends who are celebrating today, a very HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!! I'm so thankful that your wonderful country exists, because it's given me great friends like you. And also...Disney World.

I mean, does anything scream romance quite like fruit by the foot? Bow wow chicka bow wow :rotfl:

Bahaha right!? That was my first thought, too. :laughing:

And what did they even do to N's dessert? Cover it in Oreo crumbles to make sure you didn't eat any? I don't understand what happened to it... and then they changed what he ordered and still charged you for it :rolleyes2 :scratchin that's just so odd.

It was soooo weird. Apparently the dessert was only supposed to be a trio, but they added a fourth thing to it? And also...the Oreo crumbs. So. many. crumbs.

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: We had a similar view at New Years a few years ago and it was simply heavenly! (Sans the construction of the cabins which is now obviously complete)

It's such a beautiful view! I had no view expectations since I just booked a standard view room, so this felt like quite a treat!

I love that sweatshirt so much!

It's so warm and comfy! And I love the design.

Also you're Starlord has a really strange mustache :rotfl:

:rotfl: He really does!!

Hi Meghan, I am super late to this trip report, but I have read all of you prior reports and I'm all caught up on this one and I have really enjoyed them all. Your wedding was beautiful, you got some really amazing pictures. Congratulations on finishing your first year of your masters program. My daughter is an SLP and just finished her masters degree a few years ago. She is really enjoying her work. The ASHA conference is in Orlando next year, so being the supportive Mom that I am I have agreed to go along with her so she won't be lonely:hyper:. I love Fantasmic too and listen to the sound track when I'm on the treadmill. It makes the time go by so much faster.

Thank you so much for reading, and welcome to this report!!

Glad to hear that your daughter is enjoying her work as an SLP. That's encouraging! I get to start a few clinical placements this year, so I'll get a chance to get my feet wet a bit, which is exciting. How kind of you to make the trip to Orlando so she doesn't have to go alone! :thumbsup2

How kind of them to comp your breakfast at Boma!

It was such a lovely and unexpected gesture! :goodvibes

That storm sounds crazy! I probably would have shrieked as well. :laughing:

It was wild! That one, and one that happened recently while I was on my solo trip in May, are the worst that I've probably ever seen. That's Florida for you, I guess!

Wow, 3 table services in 1 day. You are a happy wife :-)

How amazing that Teresa hooked you all up with a comped breakfast. What a wonderful way to start the day.

Glad to see Whispering Canyon had so many glutten free options for you. I'm sure that was a treat. We did lunch there once and the antics were pretty non-existant so I'm thinking this may be "normal"

Speaking of normal, so happy you finally got a good HBD meal in. Though the way things were going I thought for sure the power was going to go off or the restaurant get struck by lightening or something :scared1: We've only eaten here once and it wasn't a very pleasant experience either so we haven't been brave enough to go back yet.

Wow! That was so nice of Theresa to comp your Boma breakfast!

Your selfie with Groot is stinkin adorable!!!

I'm glad your HBD curse has been broken! The storm sounds crazy though!

Glad you were still able to watch Fantasmic!

I don't blame you for getting a little emotional! Knowing the end of a trip is approaching can be sad!

Theresa gifted us with our breakfast, in celebration of our wedding! What an amazingly generous gesture!

Awesome! pixiedust:

...and we had the most adorable interaction with wee Baby Groot! Starlord (who was on his game today!!) was telling Groot all about how we'd just gotten married, and Groot's expressions as he responded, shocked, with "I am Grrooooot!" were adorable, and perfectly-matched to the conversation. It was super cute.

We met them for the first time on our last trip. I was rather impressed with the interaction. The boys didn't really know who they were but they enjoyed it anyways. Now they know exactly who they are (we finally watched the movie) and D wants to be Groot for Halloween :laughing:

It felt a little like déjà vu walking up to the Jambo House entrance another morning...
Are you sure it wasn't vuja de?

That's very nice. What about happy husbands? Nobody ever cares about us. We don't even have a special phrase. Happy husband, happy ______. I got nuttin'.

After our breakfast, we went back to WL and took it easy for the morning. We napped a bit, still exhausted from our late night the night before, and watched a little TV. I wandered around for a bit and took some pictures of the beautiful resort.

Mh2yMHm.jpg
My favorite resort.

Wait! Are the baked beans and the chicken not allergy friendly?

I was also pretty psyched to be given my own slice of allergy-friendly cornbread!

sq3j6US.jpg

I love cornbread, and I rarely eat it anymore since going gluten free and dealing with other food sensitivities. This allergy version was quite sweet because the base is a gluten free yellow cake mix, but I like my cornbread a little on the sweeter side, so that didn't bother me. It was warm and not at all dry, and I may or may not have asked for at least a second helping before the meal was out. :goodvibes
I'm not a cornbread fan. Isn't corn gluten free and/or allergy okay? Not understanding why they'd use a cake mix for gluten free.

After lunch, I wanted to browse the WL merch. I ended up getting a red WL sweatshirt that I love— @Raeven also has the same one! —and I would end up being very thankful I'd purchased it when we got back to Maine a few days later and I felt like our northern summers were suddenly freezing!! :cold: I also couldn't decide between two resort pins...so I bought both. Again, I have a problem. :blush:
Hey Meghan....has anybody ever mentioned you have a problem? :lmao:

Just to make sure you are clear...he is Groot!

ABSaO48.jpg

Once again, N had to do the job of downing his drink and mine. He's a big guy, so it makes me laugh that he's actually a bit of a light-weight. He was feeling a little...bubbly...by the end of the second glass.
I can hear N complaining about always having to drink your alcohol. The sacrifices we husbands make for our wives. But does anyone ask about happy husband, happy ______? Wow, vuja de again.

With that thunderous clap from the heavens, my curse had been broken!! Hallelujah! :worship:
I don't believe in curses, but glad you finally had a good meal at HBD.

You're taking pictures like me now. Stop that!!! I'm not the person to pattern picture taking after.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal there, and thought it was so thoughtful of them to comp our desserts. And then we got the bill. When we looked at it, we were slightly put off by the fact that they hadn't taken the price of N's original dessert off the bill. That would have been fine, since he was planning to order a dessert anyway, but the server had specifically told us that it was a gift. They even altered the dessert N ordered, but still charged us for it as if they hadn't changed anything about it. It just felt...kind of weird. We wondered if it had been a mistake on the bill, or if the server just misspoke, but since we were planning to pay for his dessert when we ordered it anyway we just left it alone, paid the bill, and were on our way.
Sometimes Canadians are TOO polite. You could have simply asked her about why it was on the bill. Not impolite to do so. It's the people that get nasty/arrogant about it with the servers I can't stand.

After dinner, it was still pouring, and we were looking for ways to dodge the rain. I went to the Little Mermaid show, and while I did, N decided that he wanted to do a ride on Star Tours. We met up afterwards and rode TSMM. And I won, of course.
Of course

DjIEVFv.jpg

Neither of us are fantastic at this game, but we're quite competitive about it. N always has better accuracy, but I usually get more points. This was my first ever "cat" score, so I was excited!

When I saw the score vs. accuracy, I was huh?? So...question about that. Is it that you're hitting higher value targets or just shooting so dang quickly you have lesser accuracy, but more targets overall.

After the ride, it was still raining. Fantasmic is my favourite nighttime show, and I really didn't want to miss it, but we didn't want to sit in the rain and wait if it was going to be cancelled... We decided to risk it, and to stick it out. The rain let up quite a bit, and the show ended up going on as planned! :bounce:

fmjQE1m.jpg

I love this show. I listen to the soundtrack when I'm trying to be productive around the house, or when I'm out for a walk and want to put just a little more pep in my step. I just went jogging to it this morning, in fact, and when I got to the end bit where Sorceror Mickey is up on the top of the mountain, I felt as pumped as if I were running across the finish line of a big race!
My favorite too, especially since wishes is no more. :sad:

The trip was quickly coming to an end, and we only had one more Disney day left before we hit the road and moved on to other things...or, at least, so we thought...
Oooh...no spoilers, so waiting to hear about this.

Just imagine an overwhelmingly scrumptious buffet of American and African-inspired delights, and that's what it looked like.
Love your description
Theresa gifted us with our breakfast, in celebration of our wedding! What an amazingly generous gesture!
So sweet!
We chilled out at the resort some more, where I decided it was important to document the large array of toiletries we'd been given...
:rotfl:
They even altered the dessert N ordered, but still charged us for it as if they hadn't changed anything about it. It just felt...kind of weird.
That is... weird. I would have done the same though!
N always has better accuracy, but I usually get more points.
Maybe this is the secret... my accuracy is always better but zack still wins!

So. Much. Food!

I was especially excited to read about your HBD meal. I absolutely adore that place and go most every trip. The Cobb is so yummy!

I've seen a thunderstorm that close one other time in 2010; right over Main Street while waiting for the fireworks. The whole crowd saw the castle get struck and it was terrifying. Thousands of people were packed into the Emporium while it dumped. But I saw the sweetest Disney moment ever while there. A dad of a couple little ones pulled a book off of a shelf and sat down with his kiddos and started reading them this story. It was absolutely beautiful and I always wonder if that might be those kids' "favorite" (possibly only) take-away memory of their trip.

Anyway, love the free meal at Boma and all the little sprinkings of pixie dust along the way. Always nice to see that happen. :)

Wow! That was so nice of Theresa to comp your Boma breakfast!

Your selfie with Groot is stinkin adorable!!!

I'm glad your HBD curse has been broken! The storm sounds crazy though!

Glad you were still able to watch Fantasmic!

I don't blame you for getting a little emotional! Knowing the end of a trip is approaching can be sad!

It was such a nice gesture at Boma! One we won't soon forget.

It's hard to leave Disney on any trip, but especially trips that are especially magical like this one was. We'd been there for so long at that point that it felt strange to think of going home and not getting up in the most magical place on earth every day.

We met them for the first time on our last trip. I was rather impressed with the interaction. The boys didn't really know who they were but they enjoyed it anyways. Now they know exactly who they are (we finally watched the movie) and D wants to be Groot for Halloween :laughing:

That's so cute that D wants to dress up as Groot! That would be adorable! And yes, I think they seem to usually do a really good job with character interactions at that meet. :)

That's very nice. What about happy husbands? Nobody ever cares about us. We don't even have a special phrase. Happy husband, happy ______. I got nuttin'.

Maybe because it's so hard to rhyme with husband?? I feel ya. A good reminder to put a little extra focus on my happy husband once in a while :)

Wait! Are the baked beans and the chicken not allergy friendly?

They were, actually! That's what the little sticks in the picture were for, to mark that it was safe for allergies. Beans occasionally aren't gluten free, but a lot of the Disney ones are. Fried chicken is not, but this was roasted so it was good to go.

I'm not a cornbread fan. Isn't corn gluten free and/or allergy okay? Not understanding why they'd use a cake mix for gluten free.

Corn is gluten free (though hard to process. A lot of people can't eat it, but fortunately, I can!) Bread, however, is not. Cornbread has wheat flour in it, at least the way most people make it. Apparently it's easier for the chefs to alter a gluten free boxed yellow cake mix and add cornmeal to it to get the right consistency for cornbread, rather than starting from scratch with a blend of gluten free flours. I've tried experimenting with making it at home with the same mix, but I still haven't quite got the ratios right.

I can hear N complaining about always having to drink your alcohol. The sacrifices we husbands make for our wives. But does anyone ask about happy husband, happy ______? Wow, vuja de again.

:laughing:

When I saw the score vs. accuracy, I was huh?? So...question about that. Is it that you're hitting higher value targets or just shooting so dang quickly you have lesser accuracy, but more targets overall.

A little of both, really. I know which higher targets to aim for, but my main strategy is just to rapid-fire (literally) and hope that some of the shots hit the targets. I have terrible aim.

My favorite too, especially since wishes is no more. :sad:

Agreed. Wishes used to hold my #1 spot, but now Fantasmic is the new winner for me.

Maybe this is the secret... my accuracy is always better but zack still wins!

Haha yes! I shoot pretty blindly, but eventually some of them hit the targets! :laughing:

I was especially excited to read about your HBD meal. I absolutely adore that place and go most every trip. The Cobb is so yummy!

Agreed! I'm not even a big salad fan. Usually one of those "eat it because it's green and good for you" kind of things. But I love the cobb salad there. Probably all that bacon disguising the healthy bits doesn't hurt...

I've seen a thunderstorm that close one other time in 2010; right over Main Street while waiting for the fireworks. The whole crowd saw the castle get struck and it was terrifying. Thousands of people were packed into the Emporium while it dumped. But I saw the sweetest Disney moment ever while there. A dad of a couple little ones pulled a book off of a shelf and sat down with his kiddos and started reading them this story. It was absolutely beautiful and I always wonder if that might be those kids' "favorite" (possibly only) take-away memory of their trip.

Holy smokes! What a wild memory! But such a sweet moment you were privy to. Some of my fondest and strongest memories from my early childhood are of my grandmother sitting me down and reading to me.

Just popping in this morning to say, "Hello!" We're in Montreal (Quebec...Canada) this weekend for Montreal Comic Con, and much of Quebec and Ontario have been experiencing one of the worst heat waves of the last decade. It feels like Florida without the fun!! A few days ago in Ottawa, the humidex reached 47 C, which is equivalent to 116.6 F. This morning it finally seems to be breaking, but last night here at 7:23pm, it was still:

EIxSEkU.jpg

Yep. 91 F, feels like 108 F. :headache: I only tolerate these kinds of temperatures for Mickey Mouse!!

Just popping in this morning to say, "Hello!" We're in Montreal (Quebec...Canada) this weekend for Montreal Comic Con, and much of Quebec and Ontario have been experiencing one of the worst heat waves of the last decade. It feels like Florida without the fun!! A few days ago in Ottawa, the humidex reached 47 C, which is equivalent to 116.6 F. This morning it finally seems to be breaking, but last night here at 7:23pm, it was still:

EIxSEkU.jpg

Yep. 91 F, feels like 108 F. :headache: I only tolerate these kinds of temperatures for Mickey Mouse!!
Stay cool!!

We're not that hot, but enough that I'm glad I'm going to work today in the AC!

I took a picture of this Tower of Terror ad, telling N about how I remember my parents always pointing it out to me on vacation as a kid.

Mine didn't. Because TOT didn't exist. Nor did DHS. Nor did anything other than MK.

I is old.

Didn't you mention this before?

Theresa brought us out our second free jungle juice mimosas of the trip! The restaurant's gift to us!

Nice!

Theresa gave us the biggest sprinkling of pixie dust of our trip...We got our bill, and this is what it said:

X9wlFy9.jpg

Wow! Very nice of her!!

She told us to make sure we come back and see her after the birth of our first baby. ...we'll see on that one... :scared::confused3

I'm kinda thinking you might wanna borrow someone's kid for a free meal.

Just sayin'.

I wanted to try out the gluten free version of their all-you-can-eat skillet,

Impressed that they do this, actually.

This was going to be a serious day for food. Uggh.

"Uggh"???? Odd spelling for "burrrp".

Nice!

It was warm and not at all dry, and I may or may not have asked for at least a second helping before the meal was out. :goodvibes

Even nicer. :)

I also couldn't decide between two resort pins...so I bought both. Again, I have a problem. :blush:

well, of course. It's what we do.

There, we met Starlord and Groot...

Never done that. May never. Not really sure, tbh.

It was nearly time for our third (count 'em, THIRD!) ADR of the day.

"Roll her in boys! Table's ready!"

We were having dinner at the Hollywood Brown Derby.

I've heard good things lately. Originally when I started researching (years ago) I didn't. Seems like they turned it around.
Then again, perhaps it just didn't appeal to me back then.

But it still felt like we'd been eating pretty much all day long...mostly because we had.

"burrrp"

Before the salads arrived, our second pixie-dusted free alcohol of the day arrived...champagne!

Nice!

I'm thinking I need to get married again.

He was feeling a little...bubbly...by the end of the second glass.

:laughing: Whee!

We were eating at the Brown Derby, and I wasn't getting sick!! :scared1: With that thunderous clap from the heavens, my curse had been broken!! Hallelujah! :worship:

Hooray!

The server told us that dessert was a gift from the restaurant for our wedding. Score!

Yep. Definitely need to get married again.

there was also a house-made fruit leather on the plate, kind of like a real fancy-person fruit-by-the-foot. :laughing:

And then we got the bill. When we looked at it, we were slightly put off by the fact that they hadn't taken the price of N's original dessert off the bill. That would have been fine, since he was planning to order a dessert anyway, but the server had specifically told us that it was a gift. They even altered the dessert N ordered, but still charged us for it as if they hadn't changed anything about it. It just felt...kind of weird. We wondered if it had been a mistake on the bill, or if the server just misspoke, but since we were planning to pay for his dessert when we ordered it anyway we just left it alone, paid the bill, and were on our way.

That's.... really weird. I wonder if he just forgot he said that? Was he busy? Flustered at all?

And I won, of course.

Of course.

Then I kind of chuckled to myself that N was the one who'd downed four free drinks that day, but that I was the one who was getting too emotional. :lmao:

And yet....

Awwww... :hug:

Stay cool!!

We're not that hot, but enough that I'm glad I'm going to work today in the AC!

I'm very grateful to be in the AC almost all weekend! We don't usually see temperatures around here beyond 85-90 in the very worst heat of the summer, so a lot of people weren't prepared for this.

My in-laws live in MTL an they are so thankful they have ac. Stay cool (well as much as you can).

Glad to hear your in-laws have been able to stay cool! It's wild. Today felt completely different, and the rest of the weekend looks hot, but much less crazy. People just aren't prepared for temperatures like this, and the death toll in Quebec is already over 30, people with health issues not having AC. It's wild!

Mine didn't. Because TOT didn't exist. Nor did DHS. Nor did anything other than MK.

I is old.

0Mdxrr5.gif

I could have sworn that I remembered shortly after TOT opened, but since it was the summer that I turned one, I guess I don't. :laughing: I do, however, still remember it being considered a "new" attraction on my first few family trips at ages 4-6. As a small child, I watched one of the tv morning show hosts go for a ride on it and scare themselves silly, and I vowed I'd never get on it. Still have yet to break that vow.

Didn't you mention this before?

teheheh

I'm kinda thinking you might wanna borrow someone's kid for a free meal.

Just sayin'.

Right!? I'm definitely noticing a trend here! Big milestones = free food.

"Uggh"???? Odd spelling for "burrrp".

heh...heh heheh.

Never done that. May never. Not really sure, tbh.

It's a decent little meet. But probably not a "must do." Nathan likes the movies, so he likes it. I'm not an avid Guardians of the Galaxy fan, but I watched it. I like the meet more than I liked the movie, because...well...Disney World.

Nice!

I'm thinking I need to get married again.
Yep. Definitely need to get married again.

I HIGHLY recommend it!! Fun times, and free stuff. And our wedding was such a fun day that Nathan has told me multiple times that we should make a habit of getting married. As the one who did most of the planning and the stressing out, I've told him that maybe we'll do a vow renewal a decade from now when I've fully recovered from the first wedding. But yeah...there are definite pros to getting married!! :drinking1popcorn::

That's.... really weird. I wonder if he just forgot he said that? Was he busy? Flustered at all?

I'm thinking it must have just been an oversight. It was strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter