• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Called The Dog Warden On My Neighbor**UPDATE**

Wish Upon A Star

DIS Veteran
I never have done this before and I feel funny about it . . .but . . I have this neighbor who apparently either got a dog recently or it's his mom's dog (she stayed there last night) . . .This morning at 6:20 I was outside and the neighbor was leaving . . .he tied up his dog to a tree, didn't leave any food/water and the dog was barking and barking and barking . . . .

I left for work and the dog continued to bark . . .so I called the dog warden to make a complaint about the barking and hopefully the dog warden will not let this neighbor leave this dog outside without any food/water . . .it is also supposed to rain later today and the dog would have no shelter either . . .This neighbor doesn't get home till later in the evening and I have no idea why he would leave this dog outside . . .

Did I do the right thing? Or am I just being a bratty neighbor?

Animals cannot speak for themselves - they need someone who cares to do that. You did the right thing.

One of our neighbors in another town left their dog tied to a tree all day during the summer. The dog did have water but he ran around the tree so many times that his leash was too short to reach the water bowl. He died. What a horrible death that must have been. :(

Jill

On behalf of the poor doggie....Thank-you! Did you also tell the warden your concerns of the dog not having water and shelter? WE had a friend who tied his dog out too and one hot summer day the day got his chain/robe caught on a tree stump and choked itself to death. Very sad.

Good job....too bad your neighbor didn't have a clue!

That poor puppy dog!!! Yes, I believe you did the right thing, especially if you didn't feel comfortable speaking with the neighbor directly.

DH and I have a pretty close relationship with our neighbors, and when their doggy disturbs the neighborhood by barking (they keep him in a cage during the day, and he's a huge hound dog), I have a key to their house and I take him for a long walk. I offered to do this because I couldn't stand the barking, and I felt so sorry for the doggy. He's a well-behaved animal, very friendly, and since we don't have a dog, I can "pretend" once in a while!

Someday, I will talk hubby into a puppy. Someday!

That's really nice, Pebs. We have neighbors that don't speak to us. We never fought with the, they just seem unbelivably anti-social. They leave their dog in the house when they go on vacation. The MIL comes and lets the dog out to go to do his business. SOmetimes when they are away that dog will howl for hours. It's really a shame because WE have a dog, to and would be more than happy to help them out and then they could help us when we vacation.

I think the dog warden should tie your neighbor up to a tree all day without food, water or shelter. That'd cure him in 1.1 seconds.

**UPDATE**

When I got home from work the dog was not in their yard anymore, there was a paper plate of food and a water bowl. My neighbor has not arrived home as of yet and it is 10:20 p.m.

I've come to a couple of scenerios . . .

1. Warden came by and brought the dog food/water and then left but returned a few hours later to see if the dog was still there and when they saw that it was they took it.

2. Neighbor came home and gave the dog food and water and then brought it inside and went back out.

I'm kinda thinking it was the first scenerio, but I won't know until I actually see the neighbor again . . .who knows, maybe he was put in jail . . .according to my other neighbors this wasn't the first time he's done it . . . hopefully it was his last time doing it.

You should call the warden tomorrow and ask what was done. That way you can make sure the dog is ok and that the neighbor has been contacted that the warden knows about the tree tying habit. You were right to have reperted it, cause summer is right around the corner, and who knows how hot it might get this year.
I'm a dog lover myself, though i don't own any. And I'm interested to see how
it turns out.

Maureen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter