I can’t remember, are the lines for the rides?

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
at the parks inside or outside? We will be there next month & DH says he’s not waiting in the sun, he really can’t stand the heat. I haven’t been to DW since 2004 & this is his first time.

Plus my DIL is worried about our 1 year old grandson in the heat, & the 2 yo, & 5 yo as well, in the heat, with sunburn, heat rash etc.
Are the waiting areas shaded by a cover at least?

3 weeks out & all of a sudden they are all worried.

I'd say most are indoors unless the line is really long and it spills over to outside

It's going to be hot when you are out and about, it's definitely Florida in July. Take precautions; water, breaks, sunscreen, hats, etc... Most lines are covered over if they are outside, but there will be some sun even in those lines. Use your Fastpasses. You can always check the line before getting into it as well.

They really vary. Many are indoors. Many are indoors when you get close but outdoors for the extended queues. Some are outdoors but covered (jungle cruise, haunted Mansion), several have sections that are more like open air but close to the inside of the building so not as hot (IASM, Pooh), and a couple are just outside (Barnstormer).

Sunblock. Hats. Misting fans. Water. Vitamin water. Those are all things that can help a lot with dealing with the heat.

People have strong opinions about the heat and using an umbrella. But I have found that in very limited situations (not walking around), they can serve a great purpose. I wanted to stake out a nice spot for the parade but couldn't take that much sun. So I used it while I was waiting, and told those around me it would be going down as soon as the parade started. I wasn't the only one with the same idea.

Castle Love by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I found a small fan that is on a string so you can wear it as a necklace, at Target i believe. Also some small cooling towels helped.

Many lines are inside.
If not inside then covered or at the very least shady.
You won't be waiting in the sun.
You will be walking throughout the parks in the sun and if you want to watch a parade you'll be in the sun.
Even in the shade its very hot.
Certainly no offense to you but if they can't handle the heat they should not have chosen to go in July.

People have strong opinions about the heat and using an umbrella. But I have found that in very limited situations (not walking around), they can serve a great purpose. I wanted to stake out a nice spot for the parade but couldn't take that much sun. So I used it while I was waiting, and told those around me it would be going down as soon as the parade started. I wasn't the only one with the same idea.

Castle Love by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I bought an umbrella specifically to take on our trip to provide shade. I don't give a hoot what anyone thinks.

Just to add to the list of suggestions, I ask for a cup of ice at any quick service and chew on that whowh walking/waiting in the sun. I also bring an umbrella. If you are feeling overheated place ice right on your wrist, the veins in that part of the body are closest to the surface and will cool you off faster

Sunblock. Hats. Misting fans. Water. Vitamin water. Those are all things that can help a lot with dealing with the heat.

Along with early morning and late evening touring, strategic use of fastpasses, doing sit-down, air-conditioned attractions in the heat of the day, etc.

Bottom line is that, if you go to Disney World in July without a plan, you're going to be hot and miserable. If you go WITH a well-thought out plan, you will still be hot, but you can reduce the discomfort by a significant margin.

In other words, don't complain about being hot if you are doing Standby at Tomorrowland Speedway at 3 in the afternoon.

I don't give a hoot what anyone thinks.

It’s not about thoughts.

It’s about not poking peoples eyes out.

Disney sells smallish parasols as souvenirs. Far less likely to literally impact people with those.

OP I hope the family members are planning to wear appropriate clothing. Stuff that wicks away the sweat. No cotton.

Fans are nice but if you use the mist in the humidity you’re just making yourself more damp.

It’s not about thoughts.

It’s about not poking peoples eyes out.

Disney sells smallish parasols as souvenirs. Far less likely to literally impact people with those.

OP I hope the family members are planning to wear appropriate clothing. Stuff that wicks away the sweat. No cotton.

Fans are nice but if you use the mist in the humidity you’re just making yourself more damp.

Lol

I’m not going to be twirling and swinging a golf umbrella. It’s possible to have shade and be responsible at the same time.

I have brought umbrellas in for years now , especially when I know that I would be waiting outside a lot (sww comes to mind) I am always aware of my surroundings to avoid hiting/poking anyone and have never got anyone.

My main thought is using it at Epcot. There’s so much sun there.
And just to add, if I'm using my umbrella while waiting for a parade or outdoor show it personally, i close it once it starts.
Epcot is a great example, especially doing any of the festivals where the tables to eat are outside and the lines for kiosks are outside as well

It's very possible to use an umbrella an not go around poking the eyes out of random strangers. Not hard at all. Do it every time it rains. Not one single eye ball poked

We also like these things. They are really remarkable at how well they cool you down. Way better than the ones you wet
Zero K - Cooling & Cleansing Towelette Wipes - Single Wipes (30/Box) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073T5XHXJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_EaRjBbTG6FZK8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter