I can be a Fairy Godmailer for up to 5

Beast fan

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We are going on our "Wish" trip from 8/15-8/21. Who has a child, that is staying at GKTW after, say 9/1/05? I would love to be a Fairy GodMailer to 5 wonderful children.

Just send me the name, address and when your child is staying at GKTW, and I'll get something out to them next week.

Dave

Forgive my newbie ignorance...
What is a "wish" trip? Make a Wish?
What does a Fairy Godmailer do? What is GTKW?

Make a Wish is an organization that grants wishes (special trips or gifts) to kids with life threatening medical conditions. Their website is www.wish.org

A lot of kids choose to go to WDW and many of them stay at a special hotel set up just for families staying on WISH trips. That place is called Give Kids the World and the website is www.gktw.org

OK--I thought it must be the Make a Wish program. Was completely clueless to GKTW.
What does a Fairy Godmailer do? From my guess of it, sounds like something I'd love to do, if I get information in time.

mlwear....

From what I've read (there's a link on the top of the "Disney for Families" section of the DIS) .... if you, or someone you know, has a child going on a "Wish" trip ....
1) I would buy a postcard while in Orlando. Typically it would be from GKTW, but I am willing to try to get it from any of the MK, MGM, EPCOT, AK parks at WDW (or even a specific resort), or Sea World or US/IOA.

2) I would be provided, by you, the name and address of the well-deserving child, along with the first date of their upcoming trip. Since we will be there from 8/15-8/21, I would prefer that the trip not start until after those dates.

3) I would send the postcard to that wonderful child, along with a personalized message from their favorite "character" (which you would need to submit).

No expense to you - other than the Kleenex to wipe your eyes.

Basically, it's just something fun, simple, and inexpensive to get a child to smile. For me, it's my way of saying (to the parents of the child) that none of us are alone in this battle to keep our children alive and well, and that I care.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter