I can't tell if we've landed...Spring Break 2018 with Grammy and the teens-UPDATE 9/30

I think this could be a universal TR title for anybody with teen boys...........................

Oooohhhh…I love it! I may have to steal that idea for next year :rotfl:

OMG I love all these pictures! Nicholas was adorable, love his curly hair :love:

Thank you! I had so much fun looking back at them :love:

We met them when we took the boys for the first time in 2006, and Ricky LOVED Bullseye back then. But I think we met them over in MGM, in a cute area themed to Toy Story.

Isn't it weird how I don't even think there was a long line to meet them then? Now you have to schedule your whole day around it :sad2:

Aw Bear, another character Ricky (and I) loved. Thanks for your trip down memory lane which was also kind of a trip down my memory lane :hug:

:hug:

I always feel like the only way to get good PP photos is to be an expert and have a special camera, since it has to take low light, as well as moving. But low light means the camera shutter opens wider and stays open longer to try and let in more light, which is the exact opposite of what you want for moving shots! I think the only times I can get a non blurry photo on any dark ride is if I’m lucky to snap when we’re stopped momentarily or if there is enough light in the scene! Otherwise just a blur of colors and shapes!

Thanks! So I guess I'm out of luck with my iPhone camera! I may try a video next time, we'll see. I would love to get one of those fancy cameras someday but I don't think I'd want to carry it around with me. As soon as the iPhones started taking decent photos, I gave up completely on a point and shoot camera just because it was one more thing to carry and keep track of.

The pics from your 2003 trip are absolutely adorable and priceless! :goodvibes And I love all your ride pics from 7DMT. Especially the first one with you and Grammy in the front seat! :-)

:thanks:

That first picture is my favorite too, I love my mom's face in it :love:

APRIL 10, 2018
EARLY MORNING MAGIC-5

Once people started lining up for 7DMT, mom and I decided to head over and do a couple more rides quickly, before we ate breakfast. First, we headed over to see Ariel and Eric...

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

After a lovely Voyage Under The Sea, we went on one of mom's favorite rides…who am I kidding? I love it, too :love:

32.jpg

33.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

The people behind us on our boat were kind of annoying me because they talked through the whole thing. Nicholas would have been having a fit…he hates when people won't shut up on rides like that, and I have to agree with him that's it's pretty rude. I see it as talking through a movie, which I wouldn't do. Anyone have any thought on this?

Anyway, these particular people were actually talking about how on IASW, when you get to the last room it's where everyone is together in heaven. Mind blown! Has anyone ever heard that? Am I the only dummy who didn't know that? It does make an awful lot of sense once I heard that and now I don't think I'll ever not be able to think of that.

Here's a quick clip of IASW...

And a quick video of the kids walking through an empty Fantasyland.

I loved EMM and would highly recommend it, especially if your kids are a little younger than mine. I still was happy we did it because Grammy and I really enjoyed ourselves, and I think the kids did too.

We finally headed into the breakfast buffet around 9:30, and there was still plenty left. I do have one picture of my plate but it'll have to wait for the next post because I've reached my limit.

And that post will not be today because I am heading back to work for the first time in three weeks :sad:

Wish me luck!

I'm off again tomorrow, so I'll definitely have another post up then!

3-jpg.332570

which I had never done at night, but it was SOOOOO much better than during the day! I don't know why exactly, but it was super fun and more scary :scared1:
Oh I love it at night too. It and Everest area so much better (and seemingly faster) in the dark.

We got to the MK at about 7:40 and were let in at 7:45. They were allowing two groups in, those with EMM and those with breakfast ADRs. This is about as empty as I can get Main Street in the morning…someone was blowing bubbles nearby that I thought would look cute in the photo, but they end up looking like my lens was dusty.
Wow, that is empty!

Once we got to Fantasyland, the crowds really dispersed, as you can see in this lovely shot of Grammy :P
9-jpg.333640
I'm sure she appreciated this :P

Early Morning Magic in Fantasyland includes a buffet breakfast at Pinocchio Village Haus, plus as many rides on Peter Pan, Seven Dwarves Mine Train and Winnie the Pooh as you can get in before the park opens at 9. I have heard that the carousel is occasionally running for EMM, but not this day.
Oh, so that was why the crowds were so low. I just thought it was regular extra magic hours :-)

As we were getting off our first go 'round of 7DMT, I heard someone calling my name. I looked up and saw my very good friend from home! I knew she was going to be there because I told her about it and made her sign up, but at that moment I had completely forgotten and I was so surprised to run into her!
How fun!

20-jpg.333783

Not sure what was happening there, but we only did this one once…that was enough :P
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Some bad photos (pre-digital so these are pictures of pictures) from that trip:

w1-jpg.334270
What a great stroll down memory lane! Its amazing how much things have changed in really not that long. Though I do think you all should have recreated this photo :-)

Adorable!

Anyway, these particular people were actually talking about how on IASW, when you get to the last room it's where everyone is together in heaven. Mind blown! Has anyone ever heard that? Am I the only dummy who didn't know that? It does make an awful lot of sense once I heard that and now I don't think I'll ever not be able to think of that.
I've never heard that either. I just figured white = peace

GREAT post. Love the throwback photos also. Our first trip with a kid was in 2001, my oldest was about 17 months at the time, and we stayed in the Garden Wing as well. Really liked it there. I think I do have a room photo...of him sleeping in the bed! We did spend a few days there for that trip and had it extended a bit...because we were there during 9/11.

Your extra magic hours breakfast looks pretty nice. I might have to consider that for our trip during Thanksgiving week, because my youngest nephew LOVES 7DMT and the fact that he could ride it over and over would be awesome. How far in advance do they have those I wonder?

Chatting on Small World? They're lucky you two didn't retaliate by loudly singing the song the whole ride! I also dislike when people talk on attractions. I mean, you wait in line forever usually, so by the time I get to the 3 minute ride, I want to absorb as much as possible! Love your Trip Report - your mom is adorable on Mine Train!

I'm sure she appreciated this :P

Shhhhhhh….She'll never know :rotfl: I tried sending her one of my other trip reports in a link and she never read it…she gets a little overwhelmed by the internet. She can scroll through Facebook, but anytime she wants to share anything with me it comes through as a private message :laughing:

Oh, so that was why the crowds were so low. I just thought it was regular extra magic hours :-)

Wouldn't that be nice? Then we wouldn't have to shell out all that extra money for actual low crowds :P

I do think you all should have recreated this photo :-)

:rotfl2: I'll run that by Nicholas and get back to you!

I just figured white = peace

That's a nice theory, too :littleangel:

Our first trip with a kid was in 2001, my oldest was about 17 months at the time, and we stayed in the Garden Wing as well.

How funny! Nicholas was 17 months old in those photos ::yes::

I think I do have a room photo...of him sleeping in the bed!

It wasn't just me then…taking photos of your rooms just wasn't a "thing" back then! Of course, now I'm a crazy person and have to get photos of everything, even the toilets :crazy2:

we were there during 9/11.

Wow, what a memorable first trip that must've been :hug:

Your extra magic hours breakfast looks pretty nice. I might have to consider that for our trip during Thanksgiving week, because my youngest nephew LOVES 7DMT and the fact that he could ride it over and over would be awesome. How far in advance do they have those I wonder?

I just looked and it looks like there are going to be November dates because they are lit up in blue. I tried clicking it to make a reservation for 11/20, it says something about being unable to search for times. But the fact that it's blue is encouraging. Good luck! It was an awful lot of fun ::yes::

I understand the occasional whispered comment, but continuous talking is pretty annoying. :sad2:

Exactly. I don't mind an occasional whisper either, but they were carrying on a whole conversation in normal voices. Obviously, I could hear everything they were saying :laughing:

Good luck! :thumbsup2

Thank you :-)

They're lucky you two didn't retaliate by loudly singing the song the whole ride!

I wish I would have thought of that! :rotfl:

Love your Trip Report - your mom is adorable on Mine Train!

Thank you! It's the only roller coaster she'll go on. I wonder if I'll be able to get her on Slinky Dog :scratchin

I did EMM on my May trip and enjoyed it. I rode PP first then 7 dwarves like 8 times then hit WP at the very end. I had FP at HS starting mid morning so went straight to the buffet @ 9. I thought the food was good nothing amazing but better than I thought it would be .

Awww so cute!

Nicholas hadn't seen the new opening show at the castle, so we stop against the railing and watched. It's cute, and it's nice to not have the mad dash through the train station, but I still liked the old show better.

Maybe someday I'll wake up in time to see this!

I found out when I got home that that's all part of the "New purple wall." Sigh…I am so uncool, I just can't keep up :sad2:

HAHA love that

If I was a duck that is where I'd make my home too

Love this shot!

And now, a quick detour from this trip report to just a few of my favorite poses with garbage cans :rotfl:

This is fantastic! Into trash cans before they were cool

It was cute, but not as fun as Dumbo. I guess there's a reason we never felt compelled to go on, and I don't know that I'd ever need to go on again.

I love Carpets! It's so fun to dodge the camel spit!

I know a lot of people don't like the new scene. Personally, I don't mind it. I actually don't care one way or another all that much, I still really enjoy POTC :love:

Same! I even kind of enjoyed the scene

Great pic, nice and empty!

The fireworks during this section are so pretty, and this is a great photo!

Nicholas would have been having a fit…he hates when people won't shut up on rides like that, and I have to agree with him that's it's pretty rude.

Agreed! That and flash pictures on dark rides make my blood boil...

Had a grown man mocking Frozen Ever After for much of the ride, quite loudly, and I eventually told him to be quiet, oops...

I thought the food was good nothing amazing but better than I thought it would be .

I thought it was pretty good, and it adds a good value to EMM :-)

If I was a duck that is where I'd make my home too

Me too! Just don't jump in the way of the boats! :sad:

Maybe someday I'll wake up in time to see this!

Don't you work nights? I did nights for 9 years and it was so awful trying to bounce back to mornings in-between nights :crazy2:

Had a grown man mocking Frozen Ever After for much of the ride, quite loudly, and I eventually told him to be quiet, oops...

Rude! Good for you :thumbsup2

Happy 4th of July!!
I hope you all have a happy and safe holiday!

APRIL 10, 2018
EARLY MORNING MAGIC-6

We said, "Auf Wiederschen," to IASW and at 9:30am, we finally made our way back to Pinocchio Village Haus for our breakfast buffet.
41.jpg

There was still plenty left and everything was hot. Most importantly, there was still coffee :worship: Here's my only food picture...
43.jpg
Nothing fancy, but I think having the breakfast buffet adds a good value to EMM. I also like the fact that you can go in and out as many times as you'd like and go at your own pace.

I love the windows in PVH...
44.jpg

You'll recall that our plans for today were EMM at MK and then hop to AK, where we had all of our FPs and a ROL dining package at Tusker House.

When we walked out of PVH, the skies just about opened up. It had been spritzing rain all morning, but the rain just started coming down in buckets. Thank goodness we had our ponchos, but since it was raining so hard, we still were getting soaked!I attempted to take some rainy pictures, but I had put my iPhone in a ziploc bag so they didn't come out great. You'll still get the idea...

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg
We actually waited under the train station for a bit as we were trying to leave, but the rain was not letting up. We gave up and made a run for it to the monorail. The kids were both wearing sneakers and they were absolutely soaked through. We knew we still wanted to go to AK, but those wet shoes weren't going to work, so we stopped in the CR gift shop and bought the kids each a pair of Crocs. They are really cute, but I don't think I have a picture.

At this point, we were looking at the forecast and there was no indication that the rain was going to let up anytime soon. In fact, it looked like it was going to be a monsoon on and off all day. Mom decided to stay at BLT and I totally didn't blame her. She has a hard time keeping up when the walks aren't wet and slippery…we really would have had to slow it down and she knew that.

The kids and I decided to forge ahead to AK…after all, we had a FP for FOP to get to. But, what to do about our ROL dining package??

50.jpg
At this point it was 11:30, our FP for FOP was for 1:25, Grammy wasn't with us and it was supposed to keep raining on and off all that day. What to do? What to do?

Continued in next post...

Last edited:
I never heard the story about heaven in the last room of IASW, funny!

I think it is rather distracting when people talk nonstop on an attraction

It is raining hard here right now, stupid rain gets in the way of great plans!

Just saw your report today and have loved it! So much great detail - love the pics of you and Nicholas! We also have so much in common (outside of garbage can pics which you pull off nicely I must say) - just in here I saw: 4 of same pieces of luggage including the North Face backpack..my 17 year old son almost always has his hands in his pockets in pictures (and loves AE shirts along with Hollister), DD (12) is a cheerleader and - as my husband (also named Michael) states - "poses" for her pictures with one heel in the air. He also does his best to get out of riding the roller coasters. It is indeed a small world, and Kelly.. you know that no purple wall pic is a fail. Oh yeah, forgot one - I am a CICU nurse.

I said once the Finale room in IASW was like Heaven. Mike, who loves the ride, looked at me and agreed... then proceeded to tell me that is not what it represents... If we had still been on the ride, I might have pushed him over - lol. He told me why, but I told him I will still think of it as Heaven. :) Just texted him and asked for the CliffsNotes version - his response: Mary Blair - colors=location/impact - like green+purple=tropical and white=peace/unity. Hues as well.. google her name and there will be plenty - she did a lot with Disney.
I asked him why he has such a hard time with birthdays and anniversary... :rotfl2:Definitely want to try extra morning hours, and the fireworks garden pic makes me want to do that too. Look forward to the rest!!

43-jpg.334729

Nothing fancy, but I think having the breakfast buffet adds a good value to EMM. I also like the fact that you can go in and out as many times as you'd like and go at your own pace.
That definitely is a pretty good deal considering all the rides you got on and food is included!

Yikes that is a monsoon! Love how you stopped to take pictures through the zip loc bag though!

In fact, it looked like it was going to be a monsoon on and off all day. Mom decided to stay at BLT and I totally didn't blame her. She has a hard time keeping up when the walks aren't wet and slippery…we really would have had to slow it down and she knew that.
You definitely can't blame her. When those heavy rains sit into Disney it most certainly isn't fun.

I never heard the story about heaven in the last room of IASW, funny!

The story about IASW's last scene is awesome. I have never heard that before!

It's definitely an interesting theory, but I guess we'll never know for sure!

Just saw your report today and have loved it!

:welcome:

And, thank you for your kind words!

We also have so much in common (outside of garbage can pics which you pull off nicely I must say)

:laughing: It's a gift :thumbsup2

4 of same pieces of luggage including the North Face backpack..my 17 year old son almost always has his hands in his pockets in pictures (and loves AE shirts along with Hollister), DD (12) is a cheerleader and - as my husband (also named Michael) states - "poses" for her pictures with one heel in the air. He also does his best to get out of riding the roller coasters. It is indeed a small world, and Kelly.. you know that no purple wall pic is a fail. Oh yeah, forgot one - I am a CICU nurse.

Get out! That's too funny…and weird about the luggage :goodvibes

Kudos to you for doing CICU…my uncle had open heart surgery a few years ago. He didn't make it but was in the CICU on ECMO for a week and I was so impressed with all the nurses up there :hug:. I could not do it myself, that stuff makes me very nervous :scared1:

Mary Blair - colors=location/impact - like green+purple=tropical and white=peace/unity.

Another person mentioned that too, and I think I remember hearing that before, as well. I love Mary Blair and all her artwork :love:

Definitely want to try extra morning hours, and the fireworks garden pic makes me want to do that too.

Both are really fun and I think worth trying at least once!

That definitely is a pretty good deal considering all the rides you got on and food is included!

Casey would love it!

Yikes that is a monsoon! Love how you stopped to take pictures through the zip loc bag though!

As usual, keeping it classy :thumbsup2

You definitely can't blame her. When those heavy rains sit into Disney it most certainly isn't fun.

She actually enjoyed the little break. I think we wear her out down there sometimes. She was happy just to stay there and relax, and do laundry which she LOVES to do :laughing:

That is so interesting!! Now I have to go and research that...the joys of being off for the summer. I can hop down rabbit holes and explore! I don't like people talking loudly but if they are just murmuring quietly I am ok with that.

Wow! That looks like a great value! I will definitely have to look into it.

The kids and I decided to forge ahead to AK…after all, we had a FP for FOP to get to. But, what to do about our ROL dining package??
You are brave! How did you make out at AK? Looking forward to hearing about your next adventures!

Love the vintage Disney photos! Ours are scattered all over my parents house and I wish they were all together in one place because they are so fun to go through!

I have never heard that about the last room of IASW, its an interesting theory! I just wish the whole ride had the disney characters like DL's has!

That is so interesting!! Now I have to go and research that...the joys of being off for the summer. I can hop down rabbit holes and explore!

Ah…I'm envious of you having summers off. Next thing you'll tell me is that you don't work nights or holidays :rotfl: And yes, teaching was my other choice :sad2:

You are brave! How did you make out at AK? Looking forward to hearing about your next adventures!

Brave?? Or just crazy enough to not want to waste a FOP FP?o_O You have to wait and see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!