I can't tell if we've landed...Spring Break 2018 with Grammy and the teens-UPDATE 9/30

After all your adventure this day I think you all deserved a little down time (except for Nicholas and his crazy smile of course). I think if I had a room at BLT I'd pull a Grammy and just chill there all day and watch fireworks all night!

77-jpg.337447

Yum! On the very last day I tried the yellow cake/cupcake thing in the bottom and it was delicious! Contemporary bakery team really know what they're doing.

Grammy and I split a flatbread and a salad.

I though the flatbreads at Contempo were way better than any other place in the world. How'd you feel?

:lovestruc I'd never leave my balcony with a view like that! Sooooo pretty!

We were relaxing in the room when a short while later, we heard HEA starting, so we went out to watch...

How magical!

I think if I had a room at BLT I'd pull a Grammy and just chill there all day and watch fireworks all night!

Ha! Maybe she's onto something!

Excited to read more, hope your Epcot morning is free of rain!

Luckily, this was the only rain we had all week…I'm happy it all came on one day!

Contemporary bakery team really know what they're doing.

Best kept secret ::yes::

I though the flatbreads at Contempo were way better than any other place in the world. How'd you feel?

I can't even remember now, we ate so much dang pizza that week :rotfl:

This is the same crazy expression I have in my Drivers Liscense photo...except I was trying to make sure my eyes were not squinty! LOL

:rotfl2: Me too! Maybe that's why it looks so familiar!

APRIL 11, 2018
SUNNIER DAY IN EPCOT

We awoke the next day to MUCH nicer weather. In fact, that AK day was the ONLY rainy day we had that week so no complaints from me.
We were up, waiting for the monorail by 7:35am...
1.jpg

2.jpg

which came just a minute later. We were pretty much the only ones on it so early in the morning.
3.jpg

But WHY would be heading to EPCOT so early, you ask? We had a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill planned. I haven't been a fan of GG since our first week-long stay in 2006. We ate dinner there one night and I absolutely hated it :crazy2: Since this PPO breakfast is kind of a new thing there, I thought I'd give it another try. Let's see how I liked it this time…

We were through the gates and in the park by 8:05. I know I've ranted about this in another TR, but they really need to fix that second bag check at EPCOT for people riding the monorail. Although, being that the park wasn't opening for another hour, this day wasn't bad at all.
We tried to get a couple of quick pictures, but there were still people in the front of this, so these are a little off to the side.
4.jpg

5.jpg

I hav never done a PPO meal at EPCOT, so it was kind of cool to see the park this empty...
6.jpg

7.jpg

THE LAND.jpg

We made our way into The Land and to Garden Grill, where we had just a couple minutes wait for our table...
8.jpg

9.jpg

Continued in next post...

Last edited:
APRIL 11, 2018
EPCOT-2: GARDEN GRILL BREAKFAST

The wait wasn't long at all, and we were seated by 8:15...
10.jpg

11.jpg

They bring out a menu but weren't drinking cocktails, so we just ordered coffee, POG juice and the family-style-breakfast.
12.jpg

About two minutes later, Pluto came out to say hello. I normally let the kids get up with the characters while I take the pictures, but they both refused to get up :sad1: It's okay, I didn't really book this for the characters, but it's a little sad to me all the same. Grammy and I didn't want to leave him hanging, so we got up to say hello :-)
13.jpg

14.jpg

Mickey came over a short while later. He looks so cute in his little farmer's clothes. My hair was already a frizzy mess, so I kind of hate to show these pictures…I'm sure some of you will understand, especially @ariane37 :crazy2:
16.jpg

They brought out our fruit and cinnamon roll fairly quickly. Y'all know I am not a good food reviewer…this is partially because I never remember how the food tastes, unless it's really bad or really good. Well, this fruit was REALLY delicious. And I am kind of fussy about my fruit, especially strawberries. I find that a lot of times, they are super tart or underripe when served in restaurants. These were perfect. The whole bowl of fruit went very quickly and we told the waitress how much we loved the strawberries so she brought out another bowl of them.

17.jpg

The "Big as your head," cinnamon roll...
18.jpg

POG juice…we definitely got refills of this :drinking1
19.jpg

And the main platter, eggs, tater tots, sausage, bacon, and Mickey waffles. Everything was yummy, but how can they go wrong with Mickey waffles? We may have ordered some more of those :P
20.jpg

But wait…this is Chip 'n' Dale's Harvest Feast, so where are our hosts??

APRIL 11, 2018
EPCOT-3: GARDEN GRILL BREAKFAST CONTINUED

So where were our hosts for this Harvest Breakfast?

Dale came along first...
21.jpg

And shortly thereafter, came Chip. When the kids refused to get up to say hello, Chip was NOT having that. He pointed very firmly at the kids and then next to him. He had to do that a couple times but the kids finally figured out that they were not going to get out of getting up with him. It was so cute and just cracked me up because I knew how much they didn't want to get up :rotfl:
22.jpg

We were pretty much don't eating by 8:40. I guess Pluto forgot that he had seen us already so he came around again…poor Grammy had a little egg on her face :laughing: Also, that's our waitress in the background. She was efficient and kept everything refilled, but it didn't feel like she was rushing us.

23.jpg

We had paid as soon as we sat down at the beginning of our meal, so when we were done we headed down to Soarin' by 8:45 am. And surprise, surprise, they were already letting people on. We got on twice before the line really started to form, and we had had our fill by then anyway.

So what did I think of the Garden Grill PPO breakfast? I loved it. The food was excellent and it was so nice to get on Soarin' twice without using a FP for it. I would definitely do this again :thumbsup2

25.jpg

26.jpg

After two trips around the world, we went on Living With The Land. Grammy and I love this ride, and I love how they change it for the seasons/festivals...
27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

APRIL 11, 2018
EPCOT-Flowers and Gardens

We finished up our boat ride,
32.jpg

33.jpg

and headed out of The Land by 10.
34.jpg

I wanted to go on Figment because I've heard rumors that it's going away and Grammy has never been on.
35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg
It was fun, but I don't have any real attachment to the ride since I never saw the original version. I do think the song is quite catchy, but I won't be devastated if they make this into an Inside Out ride…that actually may be kind of cool.

I got a little "snap happy" as we crossed the park to get to our first FP of the day. I can't help it, the Flower and Garden festival is one of my very favorite times of the year to visit EPCOT. Everywhere you look there are gorgeous flowers :flower1:
38.jpg

39.jpg

I had to stop and take a couple pictures of the butterfly since my dear, sweet niece died of lupus in 2015 and butterflies are the symbol for lupus awareness
:butterfly:littleangel:
40.jpg

41.jpg

Where are we heading for our Fastpass? Coming up in next post...

Teenagers! Glad Chip set them straight, lol! I need to do GG for breakfast one day...I have seen some good reports about it!

I love LwTL...so relaxing and fascinating to see all the ways they grow things!

Can't wait to read more!

So glad to hear you all loved your Garden Grill breakfast. We did it once and really enjoyed it, not sure why we haven't been back. Especially like the thought of the PPO and having an empty park and lots of rides of Soarin!

I'm here and all caught up! Loving your report so far.

I really like the prints of Space Mountain in your room. I'm sure BLT felt huge in comparison to your cabin on the cruise!

Really enjoying your report! We are going at the same time next year & I'm looking forward to F&G. How were the temps overall? I’m a July trip survivor so I’m thinking April should be doable.

Just read your report so far in one sitting. Great job!

a. God bless the baby duck
b. Your Mom is a gem and I love how you can tell how much you adore and appreciate her
c. The trash can pics were hysterical!
d. The pics of our son's rosy cheeks and curls on his first trip were so sweet.

Looking forward to the rest!

Teenagers! Glad Chip set them straight, lol!

That was the best thing ever! Chip must know a thing or two about teens :P

I need to do GG for breakfast one day...I have seen some good reports about it!

I was very happily surprised that I liked it so much. We'll definitely go back!

So glad to hear you all loved your Garden Grill breakfast. We did it once and really enjoyed it, not sure why we haven't been back. Especially like the thought of the PPO and having an empty park and lots of rides of Soarin!

That was the best…and we love Soarin' so it was nice to get on a couple times!

I'm here and all caught up! Loving your report so far.

I really like the prints of Space Mountain in your room. I'm sure BLT felt huge in comparison to your cabin on the cruise!

Thank you!

Oh my gosh, going from the cruise stateroom to BLT 1-bedroom…there was just NO comparison! I love those Space Mountain pics too, and I really just love the whole decor in BLT, though I know it doesn't appeal to some people :-)

Really enjoying your report! We are going at the same time next year & I'm looking forward to F&G. How were the temps overall? I’m a July trip survivor so I’m thinking April should be doable.

One of the reasons I love going in April so much is because of the weather, I find it's just perfect. It's usually mid-high 80s, with very little rainfall and low humidity. You'll never want to go in July again! And the F&G festival is just beautiful!

Just read your report so far in one sitting. Great job!

a. God bless the baby duck
The poor, little thing :sad1:

b. Your Mom is a gem and I love how you can tell how much you adore and appreciate her
We do :love:

c. The trash can pics were hysterical!
I have a flair :laughing:

d. The pics of our son's rosy cheeks and curls on his first trip were so sweet.
It goes by too fast :lovestruc

Looking forward to the rest!

Thank you for reading and for your kind words :thanks:

We love the Comtempo Cafe always good food and OMG I want those cupcakes YUM
More beautiful pic’s of HEA
I loved our PPO breakfast at BOG for the same reason empty park pics and we got to ride 7DMT 3 times before the crowds came
We’ve only been able to take advantage of it last year when we went in May
During Spring Break & Thanksgiving week they always extend the hours and there goes my PPO :sad2:
I’m glad you like GG breakfast looks so good especially the fruit hopefully we can try that in March
You’re F & G pictures are stunning so vivid were these taken with your phone?

Feeling, much better, thanks!:-)

Ha! I forgot it even existed :laughing: We used to like the breakfast there so maybe in a couple years I'll bring my little niece.

Nothing says, "glowing endorsement," like choosing your ADRs based on a lack of options :rotfl:

I was astonished at how early people started sitting on curbs, and how crowded it gets :scared1: I don't think we'd watch it from Main Street at all if it weren't for the dessert party.

Oh, yea. I forgot they did this. They added the after fireworks dessert party, but they put all the after fireworks party people in the same viewing area. So while you're supposed to be in enjoying your desserts, all the people going to the dessert party afterwards are getting into the viewing area and getting the better spots. That sounds really sucky, though I don't know how it's affecting the viewing in there. I know @chunkymonkey did the after fireworks party and liked it. I guess if we are going to do the terrace seating for my mom next time, it won't really affect us anyway, but I guess I'd read some reviews and see just how many people they pack in there before I shelled out that kind of money for the garden view.
Did you see the back wall of the Terrace area? We sat there for the fireworks-it was pretty comfortable. Everyone was sitting in front of us, so we had a great view. Just something to think about if you otherwise liked the Terrace area.
Also, we were able to check in at 7:15-we we’re walking by and noticed people’s already inside!

Loved the GG review - we have an early morning one in December - cannot wait! The pics with an empty Soarin are crazy!

I can't say enough good things about it. I've never been in The Land when it wasn't CRAZY crowded. You're going to love it :thumbsup2

During Spring Break & Thanksgiving week they always extend the hours and there goes my PPO :sad2:

Bummer :sad2: Although, we were there during Spring Break? We must've just gotten lucky!

I’m glad you like GG breakfast looks so good especially the fruit hopefully we can try that in March

They must've pixie dusted that fruit, or something :wizard:

You’re F & G pictures are stunning so vivid were these taken with your phone?

Yup, just my iphone8. I upgraded right before the trip specifically so I could get better pictures. I haven't carried a point and shoot in years…I just find using my phone so much more convenient :-)

Did you see the back wall of the Terrace area? We sat there for the fireworks-it was pretty comfortable. Everyone was sitting in front of us, so we had a great view. Just something to think about if you otherwise liked the Terrace area.
Also, we were able to check in at 7:15-we we’re walking by and noticed people’s already inside!

So, you can see from the back wall? We did the Wishes DP back when it was reserved seating and we had great seats right up front. I hear they don't do the reserved seating any longer, but it's good to know that you can see from the back wall. I think any future DPs I book when my mom is with me will have to have parade seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!