I can't tell if we've landed...Spring Break 2018 with Grammy and the teens-UPDATE 9/30

It's a crazy thing! How do you like being a realtor? It's on my list of things I would like to do when i grow up :-)laughing:) but I can't afford to quit my day job just yet :sad1:
As much as I would love to quit my xray job I'd miss it. I love the feeling of helping people and this job helps satisfy that. Plus it's teh only way we can afford health insurance. Being a Realtor can be fun but sometimes I feel like I'm a marriage counsler and a mediator. Good negotiation skills are a must. Also keeping up the REALTOR license is expensive. I got into it to earn extra income for retirement in about 10 yr's, we'll see how that works out. I already have a small portion of my last commission ear marked for the May Disney trip.....can't save it if I'm spending it, but Disney you know. :rolleyes1

Being a Realtor can be fun but sometimes I feel like I'm a marriage counsler and a mediator.

I can totally see that. Mike and I just bought a house two years ago and at first I thought we would never agree on anything. But when we saw the house were ended up buying, it just clicked for both of us.

can't save it if I'm spending it, but Disney you know. :rolleyes1

Disney math is the best math :teacher:

APRIL 12, 2018
ANIMAL KINGDOM, TAKE 2

You may recall (or maybe not since I haven't updated this in a long time!) that our first Animal Kingdom day was literally a wash out, although we did get two rides on FOP so it wasn't a complete bust! Still, I was glad I had planned a second AK day so we could really get to enjoy the park.

We awoke to a MUCH nicer day today, which I observed from our balcony.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Grammy was moving a little slowly this morning but the kids and I were up and ready to go so she told us to go along and that she would come meet us. We told her we would go as long as she got there for our FOP FP since she hadn't gone with us the other day and we wanted her to ride.

The kids and I were in the park by 9:15, or so...
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Where could we be headed?
8.jpg

Yup…Expedition Everest. The kids love this and I have come to love it although I went years before I would ride. We have always found that we can ride multiple times at rope-drop and today was no different.
9.jpg

10.jpg

Everyone was happy and in great moods today :D

Continued in next post...

APRIL 12, 2018
ANIMAL KINGDOM, TAKE 2
PART 2

I'm guessing everyone else went to Pandora at rope drop.
There were so few people in line that we didn't have any trouble stopping for pictures in the queue.
11.jpg

Allison and I got our names in lights, which was cute :P
12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg
15.jpg

16.jpg

We went on a couple times and then started making our way to Pandora. I'm always a fan of these signs with the Walt quotes...
17.jpg

We hit a couple PP photographers along the way…
pp2.jpg

pp4.jpg

pp5.jpg

We continued to head over to Pandora since our FOP FP time was coming up, but where was Grammy? Would she ever make it in time?

APRIL 12, 2018
ANIMAL KINGDOM, TAKE 2
PART 3

We continued to make our way over to the Valley of Mo'ara.
18.jpg

19.jpg

When we got there Grammy still wasn't there so we decided to try a Pongu Pongu.

20.jpg

I told both of the kids that I didn't want one, but not to drink any so I could get a picture of them. Nicholas got his and didn't drink any, but the minute he got it he started stirring all the little bobo balls and ruined my picture...

21.jpg
#PonguPonguFail
:rotfl: Boys! He just doesn't get it :confused3

Thank goodness God gave me one of each…Allie knew enough not to stir hers up :love:

22.jpg

We took some Moss wall pics while the kids enjoyed their drinks and we waited for Grammy.

23.jpg

Finally, just before our FP window started…TA DA!
24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

We finished up our drinks and headed onto the ride. Grammy loved it, so we were glad she got there in time :D

Afterwards, she and I needed a snack, so...
27.jpg
I've never eaten as many Mickey Bars as I did on this vacation. They were just hitting the spot!

We sat for a bit and enjoyed these before we started to head to our next FP...

APRIL 12, 2018
ANIMAL KINGDOM, TAKE 2
PART 4

We had a FP for the Safari. Remember I bought a new phone right before the trip? I was so excited to try to get better pictures on the safari with my new camera. I think the pictures came put pretty much like all the ones from my old phone camera. So, here are some mediocre pictures for your enjoyment :P
28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

I did zoom in here, I think this is the new baby hippo :love:
32.jpg

I literally just found out on this trip that these trees aren't real. Don't tell Mike because they are like his favorite thing on the safari :laughing:
34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

More giraffes up next...

APRIL 12, 2018
ANIMAL KINGDOM, TAKE 2
PART 5

I find the safari is not as fun as it used to be. I feel like they are trying to make it more educational and less of a "ride." I miss the schtick where we used to have to chase Little Red and they'd act like the bridge was broken. Maybe it's just me :confused3

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

The flamingos are looking like they need to eat more shrimp...
42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

The ever exciting king of the jungle...
45.jpg

46.jpg

Hidden Mickey :laughing:
47.jpg
I always thought he was saying hello!

After our safari, we we all discussing what we'd like to do next. We decided that we all wanted to go back to BLT and relax a little, so we started to head out of AK shortly after this.

APRIL 12, 2018
ANIMAL KINGDOM, TAKE 2
PART 6

We did hit a couple PP pics along the way…​
Grammy cracks me up in this one :rotfl:
pp11.jpg

pp8.jpg

pp9.jpg

pp10.jpg

On our way out, I had been wanting to recreate this picture from 2010:
ak2010.jpg
But I can never find this sign anymore. Is it gone or am I completely clueless and keep walking by it??

pp3.jpg

This might be my favorite pic from the whole trip :love:
pp7.jpg

Though, I'm not going to lie…I think those were taken on the way in because my hair was down. That didn't last long at AK :-)

We boarded an empty bus at 1:25
49.jpg

As we were sitting there, my friend that we had bumped into during EMM at Fantasyland boarded the bus and sat across from us!
50.jpg

:rotfl:It really IS a Small World, after all!

Up next, relaxing at BLT and Disney Springs for dinner!

I'm always a fan of these signs with the Walt quotes...
So am I! I slow down to read them all and my family doesn't understand why I'm looking at construction walls, which is usually where they are.

Thank goodness God gave me one of each…Allie knew enough not to stir hers up :love:
:laughing: Chris would start stirring it on purpose :rolleyes:

I miss the schtick where we used to have to chase Little Red and they'd act like the bridge was broken.
If I remember correctly, they stopped doing that - wait for it - because it was upsetting kids. Apparently the same reason they got rid of the mermaid skeleton in POTC from what @StarWarsMomofGirls! heard........I won't rant again because I think between my TR's and other peoples' everyone knows how I feel about Disney doing things like this lol
But as far as the bridge being broken most of our drivers still do this part! It does seem to be "older" drivers? So maybe it's optional and only the ones that were around when they all did it, like to do it.

Ahh looks like such a fun morning at AK! I agree about the Safari, our last couple have been so boring and we have had very few animals out and about. Our driver on the last one did talk about the road being out and we have to cross a scetchy bridge and the bridge moved a fair amount so that was fun!

The sign that you couldn't find is out by the bus stop area. It's the last sign you pass as you're walking up to the park before you enter the giant open area leading up to bag check...

ps. Loving your TR!!!

If I remember correctly, they stopped doing that - wait for it - because it was upsetting kids. Apparently the same reason they got rid of the mermaid skeleton in POTC from what @StarWarsMomofGirls! heard........I won't rant again because I think between my TR's and other peoples' everyone knows how I feel about Disney doing things like this lol

Ugh, you've GOT to be kidding :sad2:. I saw that in your TR and it's just utterly ridiculous. What about mermaid bones is scary?? Next thing they'll be messing with ITTBAB or Haunted Mansion because both of those attractions could be scary for kids, too >:(

But as far as the bridge being broken most of our drivers still do this part! It does seem to be "older" drivers? So maybe it's optional and only the ones that were around when they all did it, like to do it.

If I recall correctly, she was a young, college-aged girl. She took her job very seriously.

Ahh looks like such a fun morning at AK! I agree about the Safari, our last couple have been so boring and we have had very few animals out and about. Our driver on the last one did talk about the road being out and we have to cross a scetchy bridge and the bridge moved a fair amount so that was fun!

Maybe they are trying to make it more boring so it'll be less crowded :P

REALLY, REALLY late to your TR, but loving all your cute, family pics...

You're never too late! Thanks for reading!

The sign that you couldn't find is out by the bus stop area. It's the last sign you pass as you're walking up to the park before you enter the giant open area leading up to bag check...

ps. Loving your TR!!!

I swear I have looked and looked, thanks! I'm going to look again when we go in October!

Thanks for reading!

It appears I got behind, but never fear, I am caught up now!

We had an ADR for Via Napoli. This is one of our favorite places to eat in EPCOT and we usually eat here every trip.

People always rave about this place, I really need to eat there!

I tried many times to get a clear shot of those amazing ovens, but those people kept getting in my way :P

They're so cool!

105-jpg.342800

Absolute perfection

Wow what a beautiful view. Could only be enhanced by a monorail!

Aww, love the fish eye shots!

So cute! I've never seen a PP there!

Fantastic family photo!

Nicholas got his and didn't drink any, but the minute he got it he started stirring all the little bobo balls and ruined my picture...

SO close. Thank goodness for Allie!

Eeeek they were so close to you!

they'd act like the bridge was broken.

They still do the bridge thing! I think sometimes it is broken, or maybe when they're super busy they don't run it. But most of my recent trips it's been working! It's really fun to watch the reaction on first time visitors

Wow! I missed a couple of updates! Great pictures. Especially love the ones from the room at sunset, but for some reason I love the ripples on the water of the one in Epcot of the flowers/lake. Glad you all had a do over in AK!

It appears I got behind, but never fear, I am caught up now!

No worries! I'm terribly behind in both reading other's TRs and writing mine! Maybe I'll catch up now that school is back in session!

People always rave about this place, I really need to eat there!

We are pizza people so we always eat there. It's also a fairly inexpensive dinner that's pretty yummy!

Wow what a beautiful view. Could only be enhanced by a monorail!

True! I should have waited!

Eeeek they were so close to you!

I love when they do that ::yes::

They still do the bridge thing! I think sometimes it is broken, or maybe when they're super busy they don't run it. But most of my recent trips it's been working! It's really fun to watch the reaction on first time visitors

I think we had a bad run. I can't wait to see if we get a better driver in October.

Wow! I missed a couple of updates! Great pictures. Especially love the ones from the room at sunset, but for some reason I love the ripples on the water of the one in Epcot of the flowers/lake. Glad you all had a do over in AK!

Thanks, you really cannot take a bad pic in EPCOT during Food & Wine :love:

I'm happy to see you're joining the EPIC DisMeet!

I couldn't remember whose TR I read that had the tip about the ponchos but I realized it was yours! That was a great tip! I used it on our last trip when DH poncho ripped and it was no problem at all!!

Thanks again!

I couldn't remember whose TR I read that had the tip about the ponchos but I realized it was yours! That was a great tip! I used it on our last trip when DH poncho ripped and it was no problem at all!!

Thanks again!

That's awesome! We haven't paid for ponchos since 2012…we just keep getting new ones when they rip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter