I cant wait 4 more years!

wvjules

DIS Veteran
DGS is 10 months old. When I got the news he was on his way I had mentally planned a trip to WDW for his 5th birthday and my 50th. That is a long, long 4+ years away. I want to take him now. Watching him observe things, laugh, babble, and dance makes my heart sing. I can't wait for him to experience WDW!

I'm thinking I wont make it until 2022. Maybe while he's 2 and under so he's free? And then again for our birthdays. :)

Why wait? We took DD for the first time when she was about 18 months. She may not have a ton of memories from that trip but we sure do! In fact we were just talking about it the other day. Don't worry about him remembering, just live in the moment and enjoy his delight!

When my little guy was born, I had said we would take him to Disney for his 5th birthday. Then....I got the itch and just couldn't wait that long. We took him on his first trip when he was 20 months old. People told us that we were wasting our time, that the trip would be for us and not for him. Well let me tell you something...he LOVED it. In fact, he loved it so much that we took him back a year later and guess what he LOVED it again and this time he could ride a few different rides. He was under three for both trips, so he was free. I don't regret those trips at all. He may not remember them forever, but right now he does still remember them and he talks about the rides and the castle. The other day he found our magic bands and he put it on and said he was ready for an adventure.

Honestly, if I could I would take him every year while he is young because it really is so magical for him. This year, we took a few unexpected hits to the budget so we can't go again. Also, now that we have to pay for him, I want him to be a little bit bigger so he can ride more ride (I want to feel like I'm getting my monies worth). But he will be there for his 5th birthday in a couple of years!!!

If you can afford it, I say go for it now and not wait. Any trip to Disney is magical and seeing through their eyes is simply amazing. (Literally I cried as we watched fireworks in MK because it was just so special).

You’re a young grandma. Do what you want and enjoy it! In 4 years, it’s possible DGS may have a sibling or two (or maybe a cousin?), so you never know.
:tink:

We are taking our son at 20 months to take advantage of him being free and we are taking grandma with us so she can A) also experience his first time and B) we have a built in babysitter.

We will go plenty of times when he is older and will remember it but we will always have the memories of his first trip for ourselves.

DGS is 10 months old. When I got the news he was on his way I had mentally planned a trip to WDW for his 5th birthday and my 50th. That is a long, long 4+ years away. I want to take him now. Watching him observe things, laugh, babble, and dance makes my heart sing. I can't wait for him to experience WDW!

I'm thinking I wont make it until 2022. Maybe while he's 2 and under so he's free? And then again for our birthdays. :)
I’d discuss it with his parents and see how they’d like to handle it, then go from there. Maybe they’d jump at the opportunity to take him sooner, maybe they’d prefer his first trip to be just their family unit and wait until later to include the extended relatives, etc. Then you’ll know when it’s realistic to start planning. I’m sure you’ll have a great time no matter when you go! :goodvibes

If you can go earlier, do it! All my boys went to Disneyland before the age of 3. We took DS #1 when he was 6 months old. He loved the parade. We have adorable pics of him "dancing" with his grandpa. He is now 9 and still a joy at the parks. That special trip still warms DH and I's hearts. :love:

I'm sure we could go before then but the initial thought of a trip was for 2022 to celebrate my milestone birthday. Since that is MY time, we should probably make his first trip all about him and make his first trip sooner. lol

DD is good with it being a trip with us for his first time. I don't think they'd actually go without us honestly.

Hard to imagine that I first came to the DIS to plan DD's first trip...for her 6th birthday. How things have changed!

We took DGD when she was 17 months old. She loved it! Then took her to DLR when she was 2 1/2 to get on another trip with no admission ticket. She is now at almost 5, a Disney girl.
DGS is going in Oct. with us at 20 months old. Can't wait!!

We will go plenty of times when he is older and will remember it but we will always have the memories of his first trip for ourselves.

And photos! We took our DGDs for their first trips when they were 3 &4, three years and three trips later they're becoming old pros at park touring.

Can't wait til he's 5??? Wow, slow down and enjoy the little guy - there really is more to life than Disney!!!:)

I think there are things to enjoy at every age. We are taking DS this yr at 7 mos. I can’t wait!

I have no grandchildren. But I already decided that if I do that I will take them to Disneyland for their 5th Birthday But then again maybe for their 3rd Birthday (the week of/before, so they are still "free")

A friend who's a cast member at Disneyland took her baby to the park before he was a week old. His middle name is Elias (same as Walt's middle name) and her daughter is named Lily after Mrs. Disney.

Can't wait til he's 5??? Wow, slow down and enjoy the little guy - there really is more to life than Disney!!!:)

I don't see where i said I can't wait for him to be 5. I haven't been to Disney since 2013 so I obviously know there is more to life than WDW. I enjoy him now, but at the same time I can look forward to doing things with him later. They aren't mutually exclusive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter