I could use a "redneck" disney shirt. Any takers?

blewits

Wendy
Okay, this is funny. My brother and cousins are making fun of me for getting us all matching t-shirts to wear in WDW. There will be 13 of us total. They are making fun but yet they are secretly wanting to wear them because they keep coming to me with ideas about what they should look like, say, etc. Only problem is that I don't know how to design them.

Being that we are all from Georgia, and some (more than others) proudly proclaim to be "rednecks", I want to really get 'em by coming up with a rebel flag disney design.

My brother actually had a great idea of finding some disney characters in a car and changing the front or side of the car to look like the "general lee" from Dukes of Hazard. I think that is absolutely hysterical :rotfl2: and would love, love, love to have that design. We would actually wear them - I swear!

Dont let me scare you. I'm southern but I do have some couth. Although it won't look like it when I'm wearing a shirt like that. :rotfl2:

Can anybody, or should I say, is anyone willing to do something like that?

Gosh I love these boards!

Wendy

Okay, apparently I'm the only one that thinks this is funny.

Hhhmmm, i'm embarrassed now. :blush:

My brother would proablly were this as well. He has a shirt that says American born.
Southern by the grace of God. or something similar. I would love to see this design when its finished. my brother is a definite redneck.

I think its :rotfl: !!! I just didn't see the post till now. I can't wait to see what Kate does for ya!

here you go!!

generallee.jpg

Very cool Kate! I am amazed by the creative combinations that you all come up with.

Oh Kate, I sent you a PM.

That is priceless! I really appreciate how everyone is being so polite and not saying things like: "What kinda hillbilly would want a shirt like that?" or "No they didn't ask you for a shirt like that!"

Just so everyone knows, I do realize it's a tad on the tacky side. Just suffice it to say, most Southerners do know how to make fun of ourselves. My husband however, has a different opinion. He said he will not be seen with me if I wear that into the parks. Little does he know. . . all I have to do is wear that underneath a jacket or sweatshirt until we get to the parks, then . . . SUPRISE HONEY! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Oh, he's gonna kill me.

My brother and I will be the only ones brave enough to wear them. Except the 6 year old boys in our group that think the General Lee (or any fast car for that matter) is SO COOL MOM!

Wendy

I'm sorry be be downer, but the idea of Disney Characters on the confederate flag makes me :sick:.

robinb said:
I'm sorry be be downer, but the idea of Disney Characters on the confederate flag makes me :sick:.

I used to agree with you. Then I moved to the SOuth. THey really do not consider it as we did in the North. They see it as Redneck not racial. Go Figure!! :confused3

I'm from the south, too. I've lived in Atlanta and Savannah all my life. I understand that southerns like to wear the flag and I think it's their right to do so. I'm still not sure where I stand on the changing of our state flag issue. However, I also know that the sight of the flag makes other people feel upset and brings up thoughts and feelings that I would never want to bring up in another person, especially not at Disney where I want everyone to feel as happy as I do when I'm there. I'm not trying to pick a fight or make anyone else feel bad or turn this into a political issue. I just wanted to mention this in case it hadn't been thought of before, that's all. Best intentions only. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter