I did a search for this but couldnt find the exact answer so hopefully you can help!

hydster

<font color=teal>Self Proclaimed <font color=green
I searched the boards in hopes of not bugging all of you fine people about these things but I couldnt find the exact answer I was looking for..maybe I didnt dig deep enough but I figured I would just ask.

1) Can I charge all the tips (except room service) to my credit card on board or do I have to do it in cash?? I need to know how much cash to bring with me. I would much rather put it on my card cause then I get frequent flier miles with Delta so I can go again sooner but if I need cash I will bring it with me.

2) I read through my documents and the booklets that came with them and I read that the kids can have soda cards but it didnt mention adults...is that true? We drink ALOT of soda (no alcohol) but alot of Diet Coke and Sprite and some Rootbeer so I am hoping to get Soda Mugs or cards or whatever on the ship...is it only for kids or what?

3) We have no plans on getting ressies for Palo or the spa this time so we are wondering if it would be ok to arrive at the port around 1:30. We are using yourride and are thinking since our time in the parks is somewhat limited that we would like to do Animal Kingdom on Sunday morning and then head to the ship around noonish arriving about 1:20 or so...is that possible??? Will we avoid alot of the crowds if we go then? I know my 3 year old will be less than cooperative if we have to stand in line for over 2 hours to board the ship even if he can wander around a little bit so we thought if we came a little after the process started would we be ok?

4) Has anyone here done the Scuba Dive in Nassau? If so how was the experience???

For now I think that is it..I may have more questions since we are down to only 11 days left but for now this is it!
Any help you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated!

Heidi

I can help with #1, 2 and 3. Sorry, can't help with #4.

#1 - yes you can charge your tips to the room. You can go anytime you want to guest services and tell them you want to set up a charge for the tips. If you wait until the last day you will get a sheet with the tip envelopes in your room. You can fill that out and take it to guest servies. If you know before the last day what you think you want to tip you can avoid those last day lines and set it up early.

#2 - they don't do soda cards anymore - they do mugs. Cost is $35 I belive for the 7 day cruise, less for the 3 and 4 day cruises. This gives you unlimited refills when using the mug (and it makes a nice little souviner as well). Not just for kids. DH and I got one on our 7 day - we share. Soda's are free with dinner or sit down lunch even without the mug. Enjoy!

#3 - if you don't want to do the ressie scramble then you will be fine getting to the port at that time and you should find that you will breeze through check in as most people are on board. Not sure what time the buffets shut down, but you can certainly get something up on deck 9 at pluto's (hot dogs, burgers, chicken fingers). Your room will be ready at this time as well.

Hope this helps. Don't be afraid to ask questions even if they have been asked before. We all learn new things every day!

As far as soda goes, bring a case (or a couple of cases) with you and put them in the fridge. We bought two mugs last year and while it was OK, it is still a hassle. We are on the Magic next week! and are planning on bring two cases of soda on board.

I agree on the soda mugs, kldesq. DH and I shared one this last trip because we don't drink a lot of alcohol, but it was a pain to carry around to shows, etc., plus they don't hold very much (not enough for a soda guzzler like myself -- tee hee!). And we didn't have it with us half the time when we wanted it. Next time I'm bringing a case of diet coke!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter