I did Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and LIVED! (VIDEO)

ExCMbeau

Find us on Youtube @ NolaDad08
BBB is quite an experience and for those of you wondering if it is worth it or what it is actually like here is a glimpse from my point of view literally. Each kid did the castle experience with the oldest going for Tinkerbell and the youngest Cinderella.

My wife wanted to spend her birthday in the Magic Kingdom and she asked that both of her girls do BBB that day. We did lunch in CRT and dinner at BOG. Her girls were able to walk around as beautiful princesses all day with their mom. ENJOY!

Thank you for sharing your experience. Now I know what to expect and I'm even more excited!!!

Thanks so much! As a Grandmother who had only sons, no daughters, I didn't know what to expect when we take our DGDs there in October. Please tell me, did the girls buy their dresses there or did they bring them (especially Bailey's Cinderella dress-that's what one of our DGDs wants to be)? I've heard people talk about bringing the dresses, but we really don't want to carry them. Roughly how long did the whole process take? I heard you mention 3 hours, but I really hope you were joking and that it took a little less than that.

Thanks so much! As a Grandmother who had only sons, no daughters, I didn't know what to expect when we take our DGDs there in October. Please tell me, did the girls buy their dresses there or did they bring them (especially Bailey's Cinderella dress-that's what one of our DGDs wants to be)? I've heard people talk about bringing the dresses, but we really don't want to carry them. Roughly how long did the whole process take? I heard you mention 3 hours, but I really hope you were joking and that it took a little less than that.

The dress was part of the package that we signed up for. There are packages that don't include the dress and we saw plenty of little girls show up already in their dresses. I was joking about the 3 hours part. That is a line from Spongebob that my kids are always using when something takes longer than expected. We had to wait about 15 minutes before they took as back and once they started it was roughly an hour. I would say from the time we walked in until we finished the photo shoot including the wait was a about an hour and a half(ish).

We also had a wonderful experience at BBB in MK. Our 6yo DD got the castle package and was the only Elsa I've ever seen with pink hair extensions. Her Fairy Godmother in Training Stephanie was a real pro. Not everything went smoothly with that vacation, but with the BBB experience, we did not have one single complaint. DD will be 10 when we go back next June, and she wants to do it again. She's big for her age, so we may have to get a dress from elsewhere, but she can have everything else done. What fun!

We also had a wonderful experience at BBB in MK. Our 6yo DD got the castle package and was the only Elsa I've ever seen with pink hair extensions. Her Fairy Godmother in Training Stephanie was a real pro. Not everything went smoothly with that vacation, but with the BBB experience, we did not have one single complaint. DD will be 10 when we go back next June, and she wants to do it again. She's big for her age, so we may have to get a dress from elsewhere, but she can have everything else done. What fun!
My oldest was 8 in this video. I think that may have been her last time. :( She is quickly outgrowing her princess phase.

My oldest was 8 in this video. I think that may have been her last time. :( She is quickly outgrowing her princess phase.

DD is a bit slower in outgrowing stuff. She only this year stopped watching Disney Jr. and started watching XD. But she still loves Elena. It's hard to see them grow up, but that's what happens to kids when you keep feeding them. :joker: Oh well, there's always grandkids to look forward to, if we live that long.

DD is a bit slower in outgrowing stuff. She only this year stopped watching Disney Jr. and started watching XD. But she still loves Elena. It's hard to see them grow up, but that's what happens to kids when you keep feeding them. :joker: Oh well, there's always grandkids to look forward to, if we live that long.
So true! There were a lot of things we did on this trip since it would be a while before we went back. We knew my oldest might not want to do as much "princess" stuff in the future. I hope my grandkids love Disney. That is a long way off, but it still fun to think about.

So are they back to the gelled slicked back look or is this not recent? Thought there was all kinds of hoopla about that??

Thank you for sharing! We are going on September and I was considering doing this for my daughter. But I am still unsure if she will sit still long enough for this lol :)

Thank you for sharing! We are going on September and I was considering doing this for my daughter. But I am still unsure if she will sit still long enough for this lol :)

You may want to try to see if there is anything around where you live that does something similar. My daughter went nuts during her first hair cuts and didn't like it all(it was actually at the Disney barber shop). But we took her to a kid's salon where they do "princess makeovers" for $25 including updo & nails painted before we went to Disney on Ice and she LOVED it! She sat perfect and did everything the lady said (moving her head, closing eyes, etc). So I absolutely can't wait to take her to BBB.

You may want to try to see if there is anything around where you live that does something similar. My daughter went nuts during her first hair cuts and didn't like it all(it was actually at the Disney barber shop). But we took her to a kid's salon where they do "princess makeovers" for $25 including updo & nails painted before we went to Disney on Ice and she LOVED it! She sat perfect and did everything the lady said (moving her head, closing eyes, etc). So I absolutely can't wait to take her to BBB.
Thank you for that tip! I'll give that a try!

Unfortunately, I believe the change was after April

That's what I thought but my memory isn't what it used to be. I thought I had read too that the time was being shortened as well for the experience. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway not invested in this, just saying in case anyone watches this to see what their experience may be like, it might be quite different.

Adding to the conversation about recent changes to the styles-
I just took my DD, and their styles have changed. I'm grateful for it. My DD loves the style with the twisted in colors, but it tangles in her hair so badly she cries when I take it out! In April I even used lots of conditioner as I un-twisted and removed the little combs with the colors, and while it was an improvement, it was still really painful for her. We were just there last week, and to my relief, the style (the one with the colors at least) had changed! It was about 100% easier to get the little combs out of her hair this time. Instead of twisting the colors in, they were braided into her hair. The braids were new. I'd not seen those at BBB before. I'm not sure about gel. They've never used that with my DD. Just a little hairspray, and this time it seemed like less than usual.

DD was here in July & yes the hair styles have changed. The "Fairy Godmother" wanted the girls to have a more natural look, so no more gel.

For the bun hair style (the one with the gel that lasted for two days), they now use the hair bun donut, no gel & a finishing spray. Another look was two colorful hair extensions that clipped onto the hair which was then braided back away from the face. The third was the bun donut again, on the top of the head, with the hair piece (like in the past), attached to the bun. I think there might have been a fourth look, but I don't fully remember.

The appointment was really quick!

Thanks for this was a bit nervous as I just booked my 3 year old an appointment!
Thank you! This actually came about when we had friends and family ask us to take some video so they could decide if they wanted to do it. Then we just went a little overboard with it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter