I don’t get the fascination with the wave !!!

When DH and I were there last December, there was a table behind us. Young 20-something and her parents. She was telling her parents that they were all going to try this "bacon & eggs" dish that "the guy on this big podcast I listen to always raves about." I started laughing and DH and I almost turned around and high fived her.

I am curious- I know that the Bacon and Eggs is "off the menu" right now, but it seems via Pete that you can ask them to make it for you... I noticed that it was on the Dinner menu, not the lunch one... Do you think they would make it if you asked politely at lunch?

I am curious- I know that the Bacon and Eggs is "off the menu" right now, but it seems via Pete that you can ask them to make it for you... I noticed that it was on the Dinner menu, not the lunch one... Do you think they would make it if you asked politely at lunch?
@TongaToast21 - Don't know, but it sure doesn't hurt to ask, especially not politely, right? Never know unless ya try! :)

I doubt it. Usually kitchens are set up differently for lunch and dinner and the ingredients are not readily prepared for the other meal service.

There weren't able to in the past - we ate there for lunch and asked about it but they said it takes all day to prepare it so it is only ready for dinner time

I doubt it. Usually kitchens are set up differently for lunch and dinner and the ingredients are not readily prepared for the other meal service.
There weren't able to in the past - we ate there for lunch and asked about it but they said it takes all day to prepare it so it is only ready for dinner time
Thanks! I made it for dinner to be safe! Now hopefully they still will be able to make it!

Thanks! I made it for dinner to be safe! Now hopefully they still will be able to make it!

I hope you are able get it. It's pretty good. Not the best execution of pork belly by Disney IMO (that honor goes to the original version of the Pork Belly skewer at Bengal BBQ at Disneyland), but it's tasty.

Not the last time we were there for lunch. The server told us they use a "special machine" for poaching of the eggs and that it isn't ready until around 5 PM, daily. :confused3

On a separate trip we got our order in at 4:45 PM with no issues.

I've been twice - loved it both times. It's so nice to take a break from the MK and sit down in a nice, cool and relaxing restaurant rather than grabbing a gastro-burger at a quick service locale. Not to mention, I think the food is excellent and for the money - a very very good value. I hope to go again some day.... if I can ever get back there. I'm one of those ones with no resort reservation and no tickets at present... but I'm hoping to get there in the fall. Fingers crossed.

The food is fantastic (especially the herb roasted chicken breast!) IMHO- and as I have said many times re: Contemporary/BLT- though the theme is not “Disney”- it is very Walt Disney (the man).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!