*COMPLETE* "I don't care if i'm allergic, I'M EATING IT!" A Sept '17 dining report

are you worried about crowds? when we booked i didn't realize it was MLK weekend. I have never been during a holiday.
I'm hoping it won't be too crowded. It worked perfectly so we could do a long weekend without taking the kids out of school or take off work. I'm guessing Magic Kingdom will be the most crowded. Maybe the Pandora rides too.

“aren’t you allergic to almost everything on here?!” with a side eye I told her I didn’t care if I was allergic, I’m eating everything my stomach desires. Besides, I bought 3 packs of Benadryl and 2 epipens.:P

That's a really dangerous attitude to have. And if you're eating your allergens after telling someone you're allergic, even if it doesn't create a dangerous situation for you it really creates risk for the next person with food allergies, when "well the other person with allergies didn't have a problem." An EpiPen should be a last resort. As someone with serious food allergies as an adult who often struggles to get taken seriously, this isn't funny and jokes like this make it harder for us.

I have tons of allergies and now my daughter does too. We both carry epicene however there is a HUGE trend in allergist now to actually eat small amounts of what you are allergic too (with some exceptions like peanuts which can be done but only in the allergists offices) it must be done with care but in studies now they are actually discovering you can lessen your allergy or even “cure” it this way.

That's a really dangerous attitude to have. And if you're eating your allergens after telling someone you're allergic, even if it doesn't create a dangerous situation for you it really creates risk for the next person with food allergies, when "well the other person with allergies didn't have a problem." An EpiPen should be a last resort. As someone with serious food allergies as an adult who often struggles to get taken seriously, this isn't funny and jokes like this make it harder for us.

Before my doctor recommended eating in small doses,I wouldn't even look at anything i was allergic to out of fear of an attack. I know my limit and if my doctor says it's ok, then i'm ok with it also. I have found comfort in poking fun at my disability/allergy problems, I'm sorry you don't find it funny. I know exactly where you are coming from and how hard it is, best of luck!

I have tons of allergies and now my daughter does too. We both carry epicene however there is a HUGE trend in allergist now to actually eat small amounts of what you are allergic too (with some exceptions like peanuts which can be done but only in the allergists offices) it must be done with care but in studies now they are actually discovering you can lessen your allergy or even “cure” it this way.

YES! my doctor actually recommends this! I also go in once a week to get an allergy shot. the first round of shots were for yeast, now we are onto trees and grass.
I haven't had hives or the need to use my EpiPen in almost a year. it's definitely helped!

Last edited:

MNSSHP part 2
9/24/17

While getting ready for MNNSHP I felt sluggish. I knew I needed to rest but didn’t want to ruin our last night. I went to the food court and grabbed a monster to give me a boost.

ee3XdVQl.jpg

$4.99 snack credit eligible

We were out of the room by 4 and had to wait for 3 buses before we got on. This should’ve been a red flag but I thought maybe it’s just a busier time. MK was crowded.. like shoulder to shoulder crowded. I asked a CM why it was so packed, and he told me it was the first sold out party of the season. I wasn’t too happy about the crowds, but we were going to make the most of it. H wanted Pecos again so made our way over.

CEclR8il.jpg

$12.49 each

H got grilled chicken nachos and I got regular beef nachos. I can’t get over how well seasoned the beef is, very tasty! Yaya got corndog nuggets $6.59.

we enjoyed our dinner and were ready to take on the kingdom!

Despite the crowds, we were able to walk on multiple rides. At this point the monster had worn off and I needed to sit down before I triggered an attack. H wanted we get starbucks and people watch on main street.

hbvgTd8l.jpg

Trenta shaken peach tea lemonade $5.99, Trenta Shaken Passion tea $5.99 and Mickey pumpkin cheesecake $5.99. all snack eligible.

I loved the mickey cheesecake. The orange layer had a jello like consistency that I enjoyed.

H suggested we leave and beat the rush since I still wasn’t feeling well. There was over 50 people waiting for a bus, I was shocked since we left before the fireworks and parade. We waited over an hour and a half, tonight was not my night. I went straight to the front desk once we reached pop and they allowed us a 1 pm checkout. at least I will have a couple of extra hours to rest in the morning.

DDP Credits used = 3 QS

Snack credits used = 4

DDP value = $54.53

Last edited:
Those nachos look delicious. And those Starbucks drinks look really refreshing. I love their teas, but I feel like I drink them in two seconds and always want more right away.

Loving your report! Especially your reviews of TexMex food. :flower3:

Thanks for joining! I'm a TexMex connoisseur lol

Those nachos look delicious. And those Starbucks drinks look really refreshing. I love their teas, but I feel like I drink them in two seconds and always want more right away.

You can get free refills! I'm not 100% sure if this rule applies at Disney but it does at a regular Starbucks.

Hello? Is anyone out there? Can anyone hear me? (Titanic reference) Sorry for being super lazy, here is the last day!

9/25 See ya real soon!

I didn't wake up till noon on this day. I literally couldn't feel my legs. H Packed our bag and checked them in while I slept. Bless her heart, I don't know how she managed to do all of that with Yaya bouncing off the walls.

I was starving so we walked to the food court.

eIp0oq7.jpg

H and I split a Caesar Salad with grilled chicken $13

I needed something light and this was perfect. My body thanked me for putting green stuff in it.

kfiYb9m.jpg

veggie pizza $17.99 (OOP)
we're weird, we love cheap cafeteria pizza. The veggies still had a crunch to them.

I felt bad for ending the previous night early so we caught a Disney springs bus and did some shopping.
ME wasn't picking us up till 7 PM, we enjoyed taking the day slow.

I insisted we pick up Dinner before heading back to POP. Y'all, Wolf gang puck express is life. It's hands down my Favorite restaurant at DW. Quick and quality food at a reasonable price.

F4vu73n.jpg

Cavatappi Chicken Alfredo $16
Mushrooms, Baby Peas, Goat Cheese

This is my go-to dish. I dislike white sauces but this one is perfect. the goat cheese compliments the light sauce.

pRe151P.jpg

H got Greek with Chicken $14
Butter Lettuce, Feta, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Kalamata Olives, Peppers and Greek Dressing. standard greek salad.

OR0mdR8.jpg

I talked yaya into this one so I can steal a couple of bites :rolleyes1
Four Cheese $13.50

Pesto, Roma Tomatoes and Sun-dried Tomatoes
as usual, angels sing every time it's made. their goat cheese is light yet flavorful.

We used our last credits on a Cheese pizza ($13.50) and 2
Crème Brûlée with Berries ($6 each) to go.
(not pictured)

boZcH1T.jpg

The tragical express picked us up and just like that all the planning and excitement vanished.:sad2::sad::sad1:
Of course that didn't last long. while waiting to board, I booked a free dining bounce back offer for Sept 2018 :teeth:

H won't be back for another year but I have a couple of trips coming up in Jan, Feb, May and Sept. Hope y'all enjoyed my report! sorry for slacking! I will crunch numbers in the next post. :wave2:

DDP Credits used = 4 QS

Snack credits used = 2

DDP value = $82

OOP = $17.99

Thanks for joining! I'm a TexMex connoisseur lol

You can get free refills! I'm not 100% sure if this rule applies at Disney but it does at a regular Starbucks.
That's amazing I had no idea. I'm going to go to Starbucks soon to do this!

Your food from Wolfgang puck express looks so good! I haven't tried many of the places in Disney Springs, I'll have to add this place to the list.

Ends of trips are always a little sad, but it makes it a lot easier when you have another trip already planned to go back. Thanks for the awesome dining report it was great reading along :)

You must not have an anaphylactic reaction to food then, or you wouldn't be so cavalier about eating "whatever you want".

I stopped breathing after eating shellfish many years ago and must now carry an epipen. You see, many people could quite literally DIE from their allergies.

That's amazing I had no idea. I'm going to go to Starbucks soon to do this!

Your food from Wolfgang puck express looks so good! I haven't tried many of the places in Disney Springs, I'll have to add this place to the list.

Ends of trips are always a little sad, but it makes it a lot easier when you have another trip already planned to go back. Thanks for the awesome dining report it was great reading along :)

WPE is awesome! one of the best kept secrets, i have never waited more than 15 min to receive my food or waited in line. thank you for reading!

You must not have an anaphylactic reaction to food then, or you wouldn't be so cavalier about eating "whatever you want".

I stopped breathing after eating shellfish many years ago and must now carry an epipen. You see, many people could quite literally DIE from their allergies.

Oh, but I do. I stopped breathing twice before I knew of my allergies and had multiple seizures as a result of a reaction. I carry 2 Epipens everywhere I go, on 3 different allergy meds and take a shot weekly. I was actually pronounced dead after my last reaction so I 100% know my risks. I am not going to sulk or complain, i'm going to find a way to live life and even find humor in the matter.
Have you looked into an allergy shot? that has helped me tremendously. I can now have certain food in moderation.

Numbers

"Free dining" cost us $373
Value: $793.60
HOLY COW! we saved $420.60

OOP: $130.16
this includes tips and
souvenir cups/buckets.

Was it worth it? YES! we loved eating at new
restaurants but I wouldn't pay full price for the plan. we take a lot of short trips and are very much park people. while getting to "smell the roses" was nice, I Don't seeing us eating the way DDP requires you to eat. My next trip will be OOP, I'm Curious to see how the numbers compare. See ya real soon!

Last edited:
Way too late to your food party but really enjoyed it nevertheless. :flower3: We are also headed down over MLK weekend, staying at the swan just two nights. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

This is life altering news. I did not now this. I like the shaken black tea and could easily drink 2.

Of course that didn't last long. while waiting to board, I booked a free dining bounce back offer for Sept 2018 :teeth:

H won't be back for another year but I have a couple of trips coming up in Jan, Feb, May and Sept. Hope y'all enjoyed my report! sorry for slacking! I will crunch numbers in the next post. :wave2:

Yay for bounce back offers!

I enjoyed all of your reviews. I really like that you included the cost of the food. We used the plan on our trip last month but we're going in July without the plan. I'm trying to figure out a food budget and bring gift cards to cover anything. We'll see how that goes.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming trips!

Way too late to your food party but really enjoyed it nevertheless. :flower3: We are also headed down over MLK weekend, staying at the swan just two nights. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Thank you for reading! I LOVE your trip reports! looking forward to a new one! Wishing you a magical trip and low crowds!

Really enjoyed your reviews thanks!

Thank you for reading! :flower3:

This is life altering news. I did not now this. I like the shaken black tea and could easily drink 2.

I normally get at least one refill in before I leave! it's a life saver.

Yay for bounce back offers!

I enjoyed all of your reviews. I really like that you included the cost of the food. We used the plan on our trip last month but we're going in July without the plan. I'm trying to figure out a food budget and bring gift cards to cover anything. We'll see how that goes.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming trips!

No problem, I'm glad it helped! Good luck on your trip, hope it's a great one!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter