I don't know if anyone can help me with this one

NIK

<font color=deeppink>Compulsive planner<font color
I normally do DLP by coach [normally she says when she's only been twice! :goodvibes ] but I keep being told that it's a lot cheaper if you book direct and travel by Eurostar. I've always avoided this as I have a disability that does make travelling difficult but I don't want to discard this without checking out the possibilties.

Bearing in mind that the Eurostar train comes nowhere near my home town, can anyone advise me of any websites or whatever that might help me plan the route so I could see if it would be managable for me?

It's the prospect of changing trains that puts me off, tbh but I suspect that it would be unavoidable. Would I have to change trains in France?

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

The Eurostar goes directly to DLRP as long as you take the direct route which goes once a day (I think). You can take it from Waterloo or Ashford.

We live in Exeter and travel by coach up to Victoria (leaves at 2am and gets us there for 6am), take a taxi to Waterloo (about £8) and then wait for the Eurostar. In DLRP, as you walk from Disney Village to the parks there is a train station on the right - that's where the Eurostar stops.

Where do you live and do you prefer travelling by train or coach (for the journey to Waterloo/Ashford)?

I often used to travel by coach to Boston Lincs and it made a stop at Peterborough coach/bus station. It only runs once a day though and it would get into London too late for you to make the Eurostar that day. The direct train to DLRP leaves Waterloo 9.30ish I think (we always get it from Ashford and I think that's about 10.30ish) so it would either mean a really early start or an overnight stay. The company I used to use was a Lincs based company and it was cheap as chips - about £4.50 each way! Must have gone up a bit by now, I've forgotten the name of them but could find out if you're interested?

If you go later in the day you have to change in Lille - there are several trains later in the day - but you don't have to change platform - just get out, sit on the platform for about half an hour and get on the next train which takes you direct to DLP. Also on the train you can move about if you are getting stiff sitting.

I live in Peterborough. I prefer coach travel largely because it gives me a safeguard. If I get into difficulties and don't meet the coach at some point someone will come looking for me. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter