I don't think you took a picture of that....yet! (Updated 2/24)

Bethany could you please point me in the direction of your Princess Half Marathon Trip Report. My kids and I are going to run the 2014 and I would love to read your report. It isn't in your signiture and I can't find it.
Thanks,
Ellen

Hi! :wave2: I was thinking about trying to make it to the 2014 Princess also!

I took the link out of my signature because I had been hosting my photos on Webshots. Webshots closed in December and ALL the photo links are broken. I have screen shots of each page of that report, but I have to go back through and upload the photos from my external hard drive to SmugMug (another photo hosting site) and then fix all the links.

This is the report, but it has almost no photos right now. I have a list of photos to upload to my SmugMug; the Princess Half photos are on that list. :upsidedow (It's a long list. :rolleyes2)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2435866

After lunch, we took the boat launch across the lake in Epcot. I don't recall ever taking this boat before; I've always walked around the lake.

P1020949-M.jpg

Once we got to the other side, we started walking towards the front to catch a bus to the resort. I love this fountain, especially when it's "dancing" to the music!

P1020989-M.jpg

We ended up leaving Epcot at about 2:00; we didn't really do anything there except eat lunch. I think if I hadn't gotten up so early to change resorts, I would have spent more time in the park. I was interested in finding out our room assignment and exploring the resort. We got back to Port Orleans Riverside at about 2:30, and our room was not yet ready, so we walked around the resort a bit. It really is a nice place and I enjoyed the walk.

P1030010-M.jpg

P1030015-M.jpg

P1030017-M.jpg

P1030016-M.jpg

P1030008-M.jpg

P1030053-L.jpg

At about 2:50, I went to the lobby and asked if maybe I just hadn’t gotten the text message from them, since it seemed crazy that the room wouldn't be ready yet when we had checked in hours ago. The lady at the counter had to get the room assigner from the back. He was fiddling around on the computer for what seemed like forever. I have no idea what the issue was, but we eventually did get a room. They had told us in the morning that we would be in the Magnolia Terrace building on the second floor.

I don’t know what happened to the first room we were supposed to get, but we ended up on the 2nd floor of Acadian House. Our room was 8226, which is on the parking lot side of the building closed to the Alligator Bayou section. I attribute the location to counteracting the effects of the Dining Plan. The plus side to this room was it was near the parking lot, so we could see our car, and it was also very close to the North bus stop. I think the proximity to the bus stop was a good thing; I have never been to a resort with as many disoriented people as this one. Every time I went somewhere around the resort, I overheard a group of people wandering around discussing how to get to their room. Ha!

POR is a lovely resort. I hope you enjoyed it.

Glad to see you updating again. :goodvibes

Thank you. :flower3:

Ugh. I'm a total failure at this. I am shamelessly bumping it to keep it alive. I've been out of town and then I've had jury duty. I will try to post several real updates very soon. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!