I Don't Want To Go! I'm Not Going On That! Do I Have To? ~~ First Ever Trip Report

Trixie15

DIS Veteran
Hello DisBoards and thank you for months of advice, both direct and indirect, as I planned this trip! We are leaving for DisneyWorld today! We'll get there on Sunday the 18th and stay through Monday the 26th. We're staying at All-Star Music for the first time.

Who is 'we'? The Cast:

Jennifer and Tyler

I'm the planner in the family, and consequently I'm the one who seems to display the most excitement for the trip. It amazes me that nobody else is excited enough about going on vacation to want to help plan. They assure me they are excited about it - they just want me to do all the work of planning it all out and they'll reap the rewards. Ok, I guess!

Last edited:
The Plan
Day 1 - Friday January 16 - Travel Day Indianapolis
Part 1
Part 2

Day 2 - Saturday January 17 - Travel Day Atlanta

Day 3 - Sunday January 18 - Arrival Day and Downtown Disney
  • Earl of Sandwich
  • Goofy's Candy Company
Day 4 - Monday January 19 - Magic Kingdom
Some tentative plans:
  • Kona Cafe - breakfast ADR
  • Columbia Harbor House - lunch
  • Aloha Isle - Dole Whips!
  • Cosmic Rays - dinner
  • Cheshire Cafe - cupcakes!
  • Peter Pan's Flight - FP+
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - FP+
  • Space Mountain - FP+
Day 5 - Tuesday January 20 - Epcot
Some tentative plans:
  • Sunshine Seasons - breakfast
  • Chefs de France - lunch ADR
  • Boulangerie Bakery - snacks
  • Rose and Crown - dinner ADR
  • Soarin' - FP+
  • Turtle Talk With Crush - FP+
  • Spaceship Earth - FP+
Day 6 - Wednesday January 21 - Animal Kingdom
Some tentative plans:
  • Tusker House - breakfast ADR
  • Yak and Yeti Express - lunch
  • Tamu Tamu - snacks
  • Boma - dinner ADR
  • Expedition Everest - FP+
  • Finding Nemo - the Musical - FP+
  • Dinosaur - FP+
Day 7 - Thursday January 22 - Magic Kingdom
Some tentative plans:
  • Gaston's Tavern - breakfast
  • standby Be Our Guest - lunch
  • Sleepy Hollow - snacks
  • Columbia Harbor House - dinner
  • Pirates of the Caribbean - FP+
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - FP+
  • Haunted Mansion - FP+
Day 8 - Friday January 23 - Epcot
Some tentative plans:
  • Intermission Food Court - breakfast
  • Tepan Edo - lunch ADR
  • Kringla Bakery - snacks
  • Biergarten - dinner ADR
  • La Cantina de San Angel - snacks
  • Test Track - FP+
  • Mission Space - FP+
  • Spaceship Earth - FP+
Day 9 - Saturday January 24 - Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom
Some tentative plans:
  • 1900 Park Fare - breakfast ADR
  • Cosmic Rays - lunch
  • Plaza Ice Cream - snacks
  • Liberty Tree Tavern - dinner ADR
  • Tower of Terror - FP+
  • Star Tours - FP+
  • Toy Storia Mania - FP+
Day 10 - Sunday January 25 - Hollywood Studios
Some tentative plans:
  • Intermission Food Court - breakfast
  • Toy Story Pizza Planet - lunch
  • Writer's Stop - snacks
  • 50's Prime Time Cafe - dinner ADR
  • Backlot Express - snacks
  • Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular - FP+
  • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - FP+
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - FP+
Day 11 - Monday January 26 - Travel Day Atlanta (OR Magic Kingdom if we add a day)
Some tentative plans if we add a day:
  • Main Street Bakery - breakfast
  • ? - lunch
  • ? - snacks
  • Ohana - dinner
  • ? - FP+
  • ? - FP+
  • ? - FP+
Day 12 - Tuesday January 27 - Travel Day Home (or Travel Day Atlanta if we add a day)
Day 13 - Wednesday January 28 - Optional Travel Day Home (if we add a day)

Day 1 - Travel Day to Indianapolis ... maybe.

We're about 75% sure we're leaving today. If we drive to Indianapolis tonight after Tyler gets home from work and the kids get home from school, we'll shave a few hours off of our drive time tomorrow which is a long day. Makes sense to me even though it adds the cost of a hotel room which is Tyler's hesitation.

I was the smart one who included today in the request for time off of work, so that means that I really should not be updating this trip report and should be doing all sorts of other stuff instead. I think everyone is done packing at this point, but there is some tidying up that needs done (we wrecked the house pretty well getting everything together for the trip!) There are electronics that need charged, snacks that need organized, someone (ahem, me) has to take one of the seats out of the SUV so there is room for everything which is no fun because the seat is heavy and it's cold and snowy outside. There are a few things that need bought yet. I could actually get everything loaded into the truck if I were really ambitious. So I should get going and put on some music and get busy!

joining in!

Hope things work out with your travel and that you have a great trip overall!

I'm in, too. I'm coming down right after you guys - Jan 28th - so looking forward to seeing what's happening there!

And poor Matthew - I hope he does have a good time after all!

TP

We did end up driving to Indianapolis tonight! After stopping for a typical fast food dinner at Wendy's (I love their chili!) we made quick reservations at Country Inn and Suites. It's a pretty nice room for the money. It's just nice to have the option of having a room that sleeps six people for a change!

Last edited:

Day 2 - travel to Atlanta

After a great breakfast at the hotel in Indianapolis, we got on the road by 9 a.m.. It was a pretty uneventful trip which is always a good thing. The kids kept themselves occupied with books, puzzle books, various electronic devices, music, and the scenery.

We grabbed lunch at Outback Steakhouse which, with careful ordering, was only a few dollars more than our meal at Wendy's last night! Fast food has gotten so expensive.

Just before Chattanooga we hit a traffic snag that caused us a serious delay. Two separate semi truck accidents within six miles of each other, one of which involved a hazardous chemical spill into a waterway - 2 1/2 hours later we had managed to navigate the 12 mile stretch of road that had been shut down for the hazmat team to clean up the mess. Nightmare!

We checked into our Atlanta hotel at 9 p.m. It's a nice room with enough beds for the six of us which is always a nice thing. Actually it's got a full kitchenette which is pretty cool although we won't use it since we plan to be out of here again tomorrow by 9.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got on the road and that the hotels have been nice (and big enough).

We don't do a lot of fast food but when we do Wendy's is usually the option we go with

Definitely looks like our family with all the electronics :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter