I Eat, Therefor I ADR

MoTo Squad

Earning My Ears
Planning Update...

Now that the trip has been booked, I'm really getting excited over all the dining opportunities.

So here is the cast of characters again:

Me (40+):surfweb:: Definate Disney Fan --- the closer I get to a trip the fan definately turns into fanatic! I'm all about maximizing the deal and making great memories for my kids....and a few for me too.

DH (40+) :happytv: Hardworking couch potato. Has been to WDW several times as a child and has still not gotten the magic. Not a total "stick in the mud" the first time we went (4 years ago), but definately messed up the touring plan last time by wanting to sleep in and moving awfully slow against my pre-planned schedule....(I'm all about getting our moneys worth --- dusk to dawn, baby!) He did finally come around about day 3 ..."you know, next time we should get up early and get out to the park before the crowds." (Really? You think!? I'm holding him to his word this time):dance3:

DS: (7) Twin A pirate: All boy. Loves Tigger, Pooh, Mickey, Goofy, Peter Pan, Lightening McQueen and Captain Jack Sparrow. Very excited to explore the worlds at Epcot and do Mission Space. Not a huge rollercoaster fan. Definately wants to try "Test Track" (although, I think it will scare him, he will definately put on a brave face in front of his sister.

DD (7) Twin B princess: Half Princess Tiana, Half Hannah Montana. At that in-between stage --- loves watching Playhouse Disney (now Disney Jr.) and lots of the pre-school shows (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Nick Jr -- Dora, Blues Clues, Max & Ruby), but doesn't want anyone to know. Also loves Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly place, and the other tween shows. Will be very excited to see all the characters.

I'm dreaming of ADRs now.

I've been making, cancelling, switching, re-booking ADRs for the past month. Now comes the second guessing. Thank goodness we are down to 3 weeks now, otherwise, I would still be changing them. Given the crowd predictions and the mood I'm sure DH will be in for the lines, I'm depending on great food to keep him happy. As long as I can find him a turkey leg in each park, I know he will be fine. I'm just sorry they are no longer part of the "snacks" -- still not sure how we are going to get rid of 32 snack credits.

I guess I'm pretty satisfied, with a couple of tentatives here and there....We went 1/2 and 1/2 (CMs we had the first time we went, and new CMs)

Here's what we have so far:

Arrival Saturday: Arrive to CBR and rest/play in the pool until afternoon. Dinner: The Aloha Show at Polynesian (2 TS, so I hope it is worth it). The reviews of this seemed pretty good and since we are going with the beach theme in our lodging, I though the luau show would be fun...

A second bonus is that our dinner is early enough for us to hang out on the beach and see the fireworks that night (assuming we aren't too tired).

Sunday, Day 1: Character Breakfast. So now it starts - crack o dawn we will be up and headed to 1900 Park Fare for the Suercalafragalistic breakfast...my kids are really going to love this. :cheer2: Mary Poppins has been a favorite of theirs for a couple of years now ...I know they are going to flip! DH will of course love the All-you-can-eat breakfast. :woohoo:

Hoping to get to MK for rope drop after breakfast, but not sure we will make it given that we will have to take the boat over from Grand Floridian.

Day 1 Lunch: ADR at The Plaza Restaurant. I must confess that this is one of the ones I am second guessing. Do I even make a lunch ADR at all? It may be better to do a CS for lunch so we don't have to watch our time so much. On the other hand, given the crowd predicitons, it might be good to have something set. I would hate for the kids to get hungry (and grippy) and then wait in line for an hour + to get them food.

Day 1 Dinner: CS in the park. This may be risky, but I think we want the flexibility.

Day 2 Breakfast: "Snacks" at Epcot. I've heard there are great muffins to be found at the bakeries in Epcot. Thinking we will grab something on the way or on-site.

Day 2 Lunch: Coral Reef. DD loves the acquarium. Hoping we get a seat near the tank. The menu here looks fabulous! I think DH will be pleased.

Day 2 Dinner: Biergarten. I'm a military brat who grew up in Germany. This will be a fun treat -- oompah band and great, hearty food. DH loves German food and kids will really get a kick out of all the activity. DS is already learning to say hello in all the languages in Epcots worlds.

Day 3: DS/DD's 8th Birthday! pixiedust::bday:party:

Now here's where I really need some help....

I have a crack-o-dawn reservation for breakfast, bur realize that if we stay for fireworks at Epcot, no one is going to be happy getting up for a 7am ADR...even if it is Chef Mickey. Maybe I should try a later breakfast at CP or Ohana's. We did Chef Mickey the last time we were at Disney and have also done CP, but not Ohana's. However, is Ohana's getting too many mixed reviews for me to take a chance?....Maybe we should get up for EMH -- MK opens at 7:00am and go with a late breakfast....I have a 3:30 lunch at CP. If we go for a late breakfast a late lunch will work. If we go with the early CM, we could have C/S lunch and have the early dinner at CP. what to do, what to do. This one I am still trying to work out.:confused:

Day 3 Dinner: Tony's Town Square. We might end up having this as a "4th meal", depending on the prior conundrum

Day 4 Character Breakfast: Donald's Safari at AK. We did this last time and the kids love it.

Day 4 Lunch: FlameTree: Loved the BBQ

Farewell Dinner: Saana's at AK. I'm told this is the only restaurant where you can actually see the animals while you are eating. I'm still debating Saana's or Boma.

Next Up: Touring Plans

4, 8, and 12 - Post/Pre/Pre-Trip Report

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter