I feel so helpless :(

Mom2Em

<font color=red>Member of the SHY DIS'ers<br><font
My friend/co-worker was deployed about 2 wks ago (luckily right now he is still in Wisconsin). He asked me to keep an eye out on his wife... She is getting lots of grief from her boss (she works at the same hospital we do)... She is currently 6 mos pregnant and she has a history of miscarriage in the later stages of her pregnancy... Not to mention, they have 14 month old twins at home... Anyway, the stress of the pregnancy and Ryan leaving has caused her some difficulties and she has been put on half days at work by her physician... Ryan is not even telling her when he is being shipped until the day gets closer... Her stinking boss is really coming down hard on her!! He is giving her a hard time about being off, taking a break, etc... I am at a loss... I pointed her to HR but I don't know how much support she will get there :rolleyes:

Anyway thanks for letting vent... :(

I am so sorry that this is happening to this poor lady. It really stinks to have a boss that is so insensitive to her right now. Maybe, she should go to HR and let them handle it.

That's a hospital for you. Want you there no matter what. At least that's what I found at the one I worked at. Not very "family friendly."

I'm so sorry your friend is getting this kind of grief. It's the last thing she needs right now. She really should go to HR because as long as her doctor put her restrictions in writing what her boss is doing is considered harrassment and it's illegal. If that doesn't work she could always go back to her doctor and get put on full disability.

Please wish her all the best.

Regards,

Kate

You are being a great friend. I know he'll appreciate anything that you can do. :)

If you have more than a certain number of employees, ( I believe 50 or 70) she qualifies for the Family medical leave act. And, she can SUE him if he violates it. Tell her to contact her local Department of Labor office to complain. And, good luck to her.
Kim

I hope she tells her boss to go BLOW - the health of her baby comes first. Ten years from now she won't give a hang what her boss thought but she will surely remember if something happens to her baby. Let him fire her, she can take it to court and win. I know she doesn't need the added stress but she really needs to stand up for herself. Can she get a doctor's note that she needs additional rest? People can be such idiots, it is unbelievable.

First of all... do not feel helpless.. you are doing what you said you would do and watching over her.... There must be a way to protect her from this type of harrassment... I would contact my representative or senator in your area and get them to make a call to this hospital...and stop this now... This is kind of behavior is unacceptable.. there has to be some recourse for her...if HR won't help her and you get no where with the government.. I would help her get an attorney..

Directing her to HR is the best advice you could give her. She needs to fill out FMLA paperwork so that she is protected! It's very simple to do and all she has to do is file a claim against her boss if he gives her any grief about taking breaks, being off by a doctors orders, etc. There are state and federal laws that mandate how many hours one works and allowed a break, etc.

I can't offer any better advice than what has been given, but wanted you to know that I think you are being a great friend.

Thanks for all the responses... I have talked to her and she is going to set up an appointment with HR... Hopefully she will get some help there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter