I Found My Happily Ever After! A Jan '19 TR! + Bonus August TR *COMPLETED 12/2*

I absolutely love this float during the day but it was so cool seeing her at night with the accompanying music!
Whoa so cool!

What was also weird was that NO ONE was screaming
I feel like that would be super creepy.

There was a stand giving out some final beverages so we grabbed some of those
Good call!

And I made out with A LOT of extra beverages for the next day :rotfl2:
Oh my goodness that's so many :rotfl2: How did you even carry them all??

What a great end to your After Hours! I'm glad you were able to experience all the shows and enjoy so many snacks, just like you wanted. Were there any other ride overlays that were special for the party other than the darkness and soundtrack for Space Mountain?

And holy cow, SO MANY DRINKS! :rotfl:

I bet the event was worth it's cost JUST in beverages, at Disney prices!!!!! :rotfl2:

I have actually never been on Tomorrowland Speedway either! Not sure how that's even possible!

caught up (was a bit busy elsewhere), but...
49020742827_84e0c77358_c.jpg
Baby Alpaca!!! Soooo cute!

Maleficent looks so cool at night, I would love to see her.
Andi did Space at MNSSHP in the complete darkness, she liked it.
Good job on getting the soda and water

Villains After Hours sounds like it was so much fun! We only ever got to do a regular after hours night, but I know Nathan would have loved the villains theme and all the entertainment of this. Glad you had a good night and thought the late night was so worth it!

I do hope they're working on the merchandise distribution! I'm glad there was more Halloween merch when you went. I remember 2 years ago (the year we met) when they were already out of sooo much merch by then!

Yess that was the worst year I feel like for merch! I think when we met was right after i had gone to try to buy merch and was so frustrated with how little was available.

Then it was time to see Maleficent! This was AWESOME! I absolutely love this float during the day but it was so cool seeing her at night with the accompanying music!

Great pictures! She is really cool at night.

We may not have done a ton of rides but I was really interested in seeing the special entertainment, eating lots of snacks, and just enjoying the atmosphere and we certainly accomplished that!

That's how I felt about the VAH too. It was fun just soaking up the special atmosphere instead of running from ride to ride!

It was pretty creepy being in complete darkness! What was also weird was that NO ONE was screaming! I guess they wanted to hear the effects? But it was cool and I'm glad I tried it!
Thats so funny no one screamed, I can’t help but squeal on that ride 😂

We got back to the room close to 2:30! Super late but sooo worth it! We had such a blast. We may not have done a ton of rides but I was really interested in seeing the special entertainment, eating lots of snacks, and just enjoying the atmosphere and we certainly accomplished that!
I’m glad you had fun, it’s perfect for such a short trip.

Malificent was so cool at night! It was really cool to see how different the float looked compared to during the day.
Glad you made it onto Space!

Then it was time to see Maleficent! This was AWESOME! I absolutely love this float during the day but it was so cool seeing her at night with the accompanying music!
It really looks like it was made for night time!
It was pretty creepy being in complete darkness! What was also weird was that NO ONE was screaming! I guess they wanted to hear the effects? But it was cool and I'm glad I tried it!
That really would be even more of an ominous atmosphere with no screaming... like the vacuum of space. lol
We got back to the room close to 2:30! Super late but sooo worth it! We had such a blast. We may not have done a ton of rides but I was really interested in seeing the special entertainment, eating lots of snacks, and just enjoying the atmosphere and we certainly accomplished that!
It really looks like you guys had a great time!
And I made out with A LOT of extra beverages for the next day :rotfl2:
I think you got about 1/3 of your ticket price back in drinks at Disney prices.

Great evening! I loved the Villians party, especially the Maleficent float.

So much fun! I'm glad you will get to go again!

Whoa so cool!

I feel like that would be super creepy.

Good call!

Oh my goodness that's so many :rotfl2: How did you even carry them all??

The silent riders on Space Mountain was pretty creepy!

:rotfl2: partially in my backpack and partially in a large bag from the gift shop

What a great end to your After Hours! I'm glad you were able to experience all the shows and enjoy so many snacks, just like you wanted. Were there any other ride overlays that were special for the party other than the darkness and soundtrack for Space Mountain?

And holy cow, SO MANY DRINKS! :rotfl:

It was perfect! The only other ride was Pirates, which had the live actors!

Hahah ALLLLL the drinks!!

I bet the event was worth it's cost JUST in beverages, at Disney prices!!!!! :rotfl2:

I have actually never been on Tomorrowland Speedway either! Not sure how that's even possible!

Yes!! I made sure I got all my moneys worth :rotfl:

That surprises me as I would have thought your son would have dragged you on there!!

caught up (was a bit busy elsewhere), but...

Baby Alpaca!!! Soooo cute!

Busy? You? I can't imagine where! ;)

Ugh they were adorable!!

Maleficent looks so cool at night, I would love to see her.
Andi did Space at MNSSHP in the complete darkness, she liked it.
Good job on getting the soda and water

She was awesome and worth doing the after hours just to see her!

I made sure to grab as many drinks as I could!

Villains After Hours sounds like it was so much fun! We only ever got to do a regular after hours night, but I know Nathan would have loved the villains theme and all the entertainment of this. Glad you had a good night and thought the late night was so worth it!

It felt like a mini version of the Halloween party! It was so much fun!

Yess that was the worst year I feel like for merch! I think when we met was right after i had gone to try to buy merch and was so frustrated with how little was available.

Great pictures! She is really cool at night.

That's how I felt about the VAH too. It was fun just soaking up the special atmosphere instead of running from ride to ride!

It was so much fun, I was glad I was able to find a way to go!

Thats so funny no one screamed, I can’t help but squeal on that ride 😂

I’m glad you had fun, it’s perfect for such a short trip.

Me too!!

It was great, I'm glad I got to do it!

Malificent was so cool at night! It was really cool to see how different the float looked compared to during the day.
Glad you made it onto Space!

I agree, it felt so different!

I would have regretted not getting to do Space!

It really looks like it was made for night time!
That really would be even more of an ominous atmosphere with no screaming... like the vacuum of space. lol
It really looks like you guys had a great time!

I think you got about 1/3 of your ticket price back in drinks at Disney prices.

I agree!! I so miss seeing a nighttime parade in the parks!

lol it was so bizarre! No one made a peep!

It was so much fun and I certainly got my money's worth between snacks and drinks ;)

Alright it's about time I wrap this thing up!!

August 9th - Last Disney Day

Considering the late night before, we knew we would not be getting up early the next day. The original plan was to head to DHS but S rearranged our FPs to later in the day so we could sleep in. We decided we would wake up before they stopped serving breakfast in the food court and we did just that!

I love a good ol Disney bounty platter!

After that we headed back to the room to change into our bathing suits to check out the big blue pool! All these years going to Disney and this was my first time going in a resort pool!

We had a lot of fun just relaxing in the pool. They also did Disney trivia and though we didn't officially participate, we had fun playing along with each other!

We stayed there for about 2 hours before heading back to the room to shower and change. Around 3:30 we headed back out, first stopping for some pics in our resort section!

We then headed to Disney Springs! I had a couple of merchandise items I wanted to look for. We walked around for about an hour before heading to DHS!

It started to pour as we walked in but luckily it was a quick passing shower! We were heading to TSL to use a FP for Toy Story Mania.

When we got off we had a quick snack at Woody's lunchbox before heading out of the land. I wanted to meet Bo Peep & Woody but the line was way too long for my liking!

We walked over to Sunset Blvd and S took some cute pics of me holding her umbrella.

After that I don't think we did much of anything LOL We wandered around a little, did some shopping and got another snack. I did have a weird and not so pleasant encounter at the snack stand though! I went to buy a cream cheese pretzel and wanted to use my Disney Visa Rewards card to pay for it. For some reason the system wasn't accepting the card. There were 2 people working the stand, a girl who seemed to be earning her ears and a much older woman. The older woman was a little snotty and said "Well I GUESS this one's on the house because the system is not taking the card". Now I know I should have just kept my mouth shut and taken the free pretzel, but I guess I wasn't thinking and said "well I can give you another form of payment" and she said "Yeah that would be good thanks"...... :eek: Now it's fine, I went there with the intention of buying a pretzel and didn't need it for free. But the way she handled it seemed all wrong to me. Making ME feel bad for the error and guilt tripping me about it, especially knowing that CMs give treats "on Mickey" to guests all the time.

It didn't stop me from enjoying my pretzel though :)

We were both fading pretty fast and even though we had a FP for Fantasmic, I told S I was completely ok with skipping it and just heading back to the hotel. So that's what we did!

The sky was looking super cool!

When we got back to the room I started on the daunting task of PACKING! For a short trip I really did buy a lot of stuff..

After that we did what any adult does on their last night of vacation...put on mickey face masks and watched Muppet Babies :rotfl2:

But honestly it was the perfect way to end the trip!

My flight home the next day was at 11am, so with a DME pickup of 8am there was no time to do anything. I checked my luggage at the airline check-in at the hotel and boarded the sad bus to the airport.

It was an easy trip home and just like that it was all over!

Thank you to everyone for following along to both trips! It was a magical year to say the least and tt was wonderful sharing it all with you! Thank you for all your sweet comments! :)

And I know everyone has been curious about wedding plans. Well I do have a date- 10/9/20! It won't be a Disney wedding but I know it will be amazing and I'm sure there will be little Disney touches thrown in! BUT I am fairly certain I will be doing a bachelorette weekend in Disney with my girlfriends sometime during the summer :bounce: If so, I will certainly post a TR about it!

I really enjoyed both your reports and again it was nice to meet you in person!
Congrats on the wedding date, how exciting for the two of you!
Sounds like a nice relaxing last day, despite the weird CM interaction! I do love the cream cheese pretzel yum!

but S rearranged our FPs to later in the day so we could sleep in
Way to go, S! Smart planning

and this was my first time going in a resort pool!
Say what now???

some cute pics of me holding her umbrella.
So adorable!

Making ME feel bad for the error and guilt tripping me about it, especially knowing that CMs give treats "on Mickey" to guests all the time.
Oh boo, sorry you had that experience!

For a short trip I really did buy a lot of stuff..
Dang girl you went all in :rotfl:

put on mickey face masks and watched Muppet Babies
Living the DREAM!

Well I do have a date- 10/9/20!
Woohoo- congratulations!!

I will be doing a bachelorette weekend in Disney with my girlfriends sometime during the summer
Oh my goodness that would be so fun, I hope it happens!

I'm glad you made it into the pool! I've been much better about doing that the more times I've gone and I've always enjoyed it. I hope it's the beginning of a new trend for you!

It sounds like a nice low-key evening at HS. That was kind of you to offer an alternative payment at the snack stand, but the CM really should have refused it. People can sure be fun!

Despite it being a short trip you certainly did quite a few fun things!

Good luck on wedding planning and we'd love to hear about any future Disney trips!

I love a good ol Disney bounty platter!

Nothing says perfect vacation breakfast like a bounty platter! <3

All these years going to Disney and this was my first time going in a resort pool!

No way! :eek:

I wanted to meet Bo Peep & Woody but the line was way too long for my liking!

I love Bo, but she and Woody have been pretty popular I'm sure since the TS4 movie came out.

I did have a weird and not so pleasant encounter at the snack stand though! I went to buy a cream cheese pretzel and wanted to use my Disney Visa Rewards card to pay for it. For some reason the system wasn't accepting the card. There were 2 people working the stand, a girl who seemed to be earning her ears and a much older woman. The older woman was a little snotty and said "Well I GUESS this one's on the house because the system is not taking the card". Now I know I should have just kept my mouth shut and taken the free pretzel, but I guess I wasn't thinking and said "well I can give you another form of payment" and she said "Yeah that would be good thanks"...... :eek: Now it's fine, I went there with the intention of buying a pretzel and didn't need it for free. But the way she handled it seemed all wrong to me. Making ME feel bad for the error and guilt tripping me about it, especially knowing that CMs give treats "on Mickey" to guests all the time.

Wow! That was totally not the right way to handle it! I think it should be protocol that as soon as you make an offer of something like that for free, you're not allowed to rescind it. And she DEFINITELY shouldn't have made you feel guilty about an error outside your control on their system. Something similar happened to us at Typhoon Lagoon once. The CM was like, "our system has been down all night so I don't think it'll take your gift card. I'll try it, but if it doesn't work, it'll be free." And then we were like...so if it does work, is she still gonna charge us after she got our hopes up it would be free...? So strange. But yours was definitely worse!

The sky was looking super cool!

Pretty!

After that we did what any adult does on their last night of vacation...put on mickey face masks and watched Muppet Babies :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Best way to end a trip, obviously!

And I know everyone has been curious about wedding plans. Well I do have a date- 10/9/20! It won't be a Disney wedding but I know it will be amazing and I'm sure there will be little Disney touches thrown in! BUT I am fairly certain I will be doing a bachelorette weekend in Disney with my girlfriends sometime during the summer :bounce:

Yay! So excited for you and your fiance! And I hope a Disney bachelorette works out because that would be soo much fun!

All caught up just in time for you to wrap this up!

As we were walking I saw KEVIN! I had been hoping to see her and she was so cool!

AHH So jel! I haven't seen her yet!

Love the ears and glasses!

We headed out of the park and actually left to go off property! S had another surprise for me- a trip to an alpaca farm! I have always been obsessed with llamas and I was so jealous when S got to visit this farm earlier in the year! I'll try to keep the photos to a minimum but this was an awesome experience getting to play with these animals!!

OMG How fun! LOVE THIS, so different and a great way to add something else to the trip!

BUT! We did have some excitement! On the bus ride to MK we had heard the Jonas Brothers were touring the parks. We joked that maybe we would get to see them and to keep our eyes peeled for any VIP tour groups. Well when on our way to the Tomorrowland gift shop we see a plaid CM and right behind them was Joe Jonas and his wife Sophie Turner! We were so excited that we actually got to see one of the Jonas Brothers!

HAHA this is so fun! I always want to see someone famous but never seem to!

This party looks so fun! Some great little add on's! Space in the dark may be a bit freaky for me!

I did have a weird and not so pleasant encounter at the snack stand though! I went to buy a cream cheese pretzel and wanted to use my Disney Visa Rewards card to pay for it. For some reason the system wasn't accepting the card. There were 2 people working the stand, a girl who seemed to be earning her ears and a much older woman. The older woman was a little snotty and said "Well I GUESS this one's on the house because the system is not taking the card". Now I know I should have just kept my mouth shut and taken the free pretzel, but I guess I wasn't thinking and said "well I can give you another form of payment" and she said "Yeah that would be good thanks"...... :eek: Now it's fine, I went there with the intention of buying a pretzel and didn't need it for free. But the way she handled it seemed all wrong to me. Making ME feel bad for the error and guilt tripping me about it, especially knowing that CMs give treats "on Mickey" to guests all the time.

UGH RUDE Not cool at all!

UM of course! What else would you do!

And I know everyone has been curious about wedding plans. Well I do have a date- 10/9/20! It won't be a Disney wedding but I know it will be amazing and I'm sure there will be little Disney touches thrown in! BUT I am fairly certain I will be doing a bachelorette weekend in Disney with my girlfriends sometime during the summer :bounce: If so, I will certainly post a TR about it!

YAHOOO congrats count down is officially on!

After that we headed back to the room to change into our bathing suits to check out the big blue pool! All these years going to Disney and this was my first time going in a resort pool!

What! I didn't know that! Glad you finally made it in the pool!

The older woman was a little snotty and said "Well I GUESS this one's on the house because the system is not taking the card". Now I know I should have just kept my mouth shut and taken the free pretzel, but I guess I wasn't thinking and said "well I can give you another form of payment" and she said "Yeah that would be good thanks"...... :eek: Now it's fine, I went there with the intention of buying a pretzel and didn't need it for free. But the way she handled it seemed all wrong to me. Making ME feel bad for the error and guilt tripping me about it, especially knowing that CMs give treats "on Mickey" to guests all the time.

What the heck! What a rude lady. If she was that worried about it, then she coulda just asked for another form of payment but really I think Disney could afford a free pretzel.

And I know everyone has been curious about wedding plans. Well I do have a date- 10/9/20! It won't be a Disney wedding but I know it will be amazing and I'm sure there will be little Disney touches thrown in!

Congrats on setting a date! I'm so excited for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!