I Found My Happily Ever After! A Jan '19 TR! + Bonus August TR *COMPLETED 12/2*

I’m here!! Can’t wait to read all about your trip!

I’m glad the flight down went smoothly especially amid the shutdown. Travel days can be so stressful already without that making it worse. The new rooms look really nice! I like that they are finding ways to make more space in their value rooms which can be so tight with a family of 4

Always nice when the arrival day goes smoothly :) We like the 50's building, too! So close to Everything Pop but away from the pool enough to be nice and quiet.

I was really worried about the security with the shutdown as well! Glad your flight down was no problem.

I like the Pop rooms. It does look like the bathroom vanity has a lot of room for toiletries.

Yay, your trip has started! :goodvibes

The 50's is my favorite section of Pop. I think it's the perfect location. It has its own pool, near a parking lot if needed, and it's a nice quiet walk to the food court.
It really looks like Disney has utilized the space in the value rooms better with the Pop refurb. Look at how much storage was in the bathrooms! Did you pull down the extra bed to see how the room felt after the free space was removed?

I could almost smell that Pop smell when I seen the pictures, boy do I miss it. Congratulations again! I've been looking forward to your TR to hear more about the proposal.

Sounds like a pretty good travel day! Glad you didn't get held up due to the shutdown.

I love those new rooms at Pop. They look so clean and spacious!

I'm so excited to hear about all of this! Congratulations again! This really must've been the most insanely magical trip. So happy for you! :mickeyjum

I finally made it over here! Congratulations again on your engagement.

Luckily we faced no issues and breezed through security.

Whew! I'm so glad you didn't have any issues.

We landed on time and headed right over to DME! The lines were SO long!

I swear they are either super long or nothing at all. I've never seen an inbetween.

We headed right to our room where I got my first viewing of the refurbished rooms.

I can't wait to see these new rooms in May!

I didn't get any dessert but I did have to take some photos :)

Mmmmmmm cupcakes. Man I'm hungry now.

I'm joining in! What a great trip, especially the castle proposal!

I have never stayed at POP but it certainly has a similar look to the All-Star resorts. The refurbished rooms look very fresh. Great for two, but I wonder how they would be for a family of four? Perhaps a but tight.

The whole shutdown had to be stressful! like you feel bad for the workers having to work while not getting paid but it also just sucks thinking your trip might get delayed! But Im glad it all went smoothly!

I'm glad you loved your room at Pop!! I think I'm actually going to miss not staying there this year!

I am almost in your boat as well. Let's see if they ward off another shut down or not! Andy and I have pre-check, so hopefully that will help if they do shut down again.

I do love the new rooms!

And I really think they are perfect for 2 people. Give you more room!

Hopefully you guys will fare ok this week!

The rooms are very nice and modern looking! And a great size if you just do a couples trip!

Awesome! This is so cute. Good use of your flight time!

I love the look of the new rooms at Pop! I'd like to stay in them sometime.

Thank you! :)

Yes hopefully you guys stay there on a future trip. It's a good amount of space for 2 people!

I am so glad you didn't have any problems at the airport! And the refurbed rooms at Pop look sooo nice! We loved Pop in the past, but those pictures are beautiful. :)

Thank you! :) I've always loved Pop too and this just makes it even better!

YAY! I was so happy to see you started this! :hyper::hyper::hyper: A huge congrats again to you both! :lovestruc

This is so true :cloud9:

Too cute!

So excited to read all about this extra-magical trip of yours! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! So glad you're here :)

I’m here!! Can’t wait to read all about your trip!

I’m glad the flight down went smoothly especially amid the shutdown. Travel days can be so stressful already without that making it worse. The new rooms look really nice! I like that they are finding ways to make more space in their value rooms which can be so tight with a family of 4

Yay so glad you are here!! :banana:

It was such a relief to make it down there without any issues!

I'm a fan of the new rooms. They look so modern and I love the extra space in the bathroom area!

The refurbed rooms look awesome and I can't wait to stay there for a night in May!!!

I think you will enjoy it a lot!!

Always nice when the arrival day goes smoothly :) We like the 50's building, too! So close to Everything Pop but away from the pool enough to be nice and quiet.

Exactly!! We never had any noise issues and it was such a quick walk to the Main building!

I love the new POP rooms- it's my go-to value resort now.

MMmmmmm Disney desserts

I agree, I think I'll be more inclined to stay there over the All Stars now!

Ugh I could totally go for a Disney dessert right now!

I was really worried about the security with the shutdown as well! Glad your flight down was no problem.

I like the Pop rooms. It does look like the bathroom vanity has a lot of room for toiletries.

Thank goodness it worked out okay for the both of us!

The extra space in the bathroom made me very happy. I always have a ton of stuff and this really helped alleviate that!

Yay, your trip has started! :goodvibes

The 50's is my favorite section of Pop. I think it's the perfect location. It has its own pool, near a parking lot if needed, and it's a nice quiet walk to the food court.
It really looks like Disney has utilized the space in the value rooms better with the Pop refurb. Look at how much storage was in the bathrooms! Did you pull down the extra bed to see how the room felt after the free space was removed?

It really is the perfect spot! I had never stayed in the 50s before this trip and it has now become my favorite. It's so quiet but still so close to the main building!

You know we never did pull down the extra bed. I'm inclined to say it won't feel as spacious when doing that (seems like the beds will be closer together than before the refurb). But the extra storage in the bathroom is so necessary!!

Joining in! Congratulations!!!!

I'm so excited to read more!

Thank you so much! Glad to have you along :goodvibes

I could almost smell that Pop smell when I seen the pictures, boy do I miss it. Congratulations again! I've been looking forward to your TR to hear more about the proposal.

Aww thank you so much!! :)

Sounds like a pretty good travel day! Glad you didn't get held up due to the shutdown.

I love those new rooms at Pop. They look so clean and spacious!

Couldn't have gone any better honestly!

Yes! I love the hardwood floors and extra space!
I'm so excited to hear about all of this! Congratulations again! This really must've been the most insanely magical trip. So happy for you! :mickeyjum

Aww thanks Timmy! Glad you're here! :woohoo:

Sorry I'm late, but congrats!!! So excited to read about your trip!

Thank you! Glad to have you joining in! :)

I finally made it over here! Congratulations again on your engagement.

Whew! I'm so glad you didn't have any issues.

I swear they are either super long or nothing at all. I've never seen an inbetween.

I can't wait to see these new rooms in May!

Mmmmmmm cupcakes. Man I'm hungry now.

Thank you! :)

I agree about the magical express, it's either one extreme or the other!

You're really going to enjoy the new rooms!

I'm joining in! What a great trip, especially the castle proposal!

I have never stayed at POP but it certainly has a similar look to the All-Star resorts. The refurbished rooms look very fresh. Great for two, but I wonder how they would be for a family of four? Perhaps a but tight.

Thanks for joining in!

I do think as a family of 4 it won't feel as spacious, but I guess the values are a tight fit no matter what for 4 people.

The whole shutdown had to be stressful! like you feel bad for the workers having to work while not getting paid but it also just sucks thinking your trip might get delayed! But Im glad it all went smoothly!

I'm glad you loved your room at Pop!! I think I'm actually going to miss not staying there this year!

The shutdown was just an overall crappy situation! I'm so glad it didn't affect us because I know it did for so many others!

Pop is such a fun resort and I didn't realize how much I missed staying there! It was nice to be back :)

January 26th- Mini Golf & Animal Kingdom Lodge

After about an hour we decided to head out for some mini golf! We opted for the Fantasia Gardens course.

There were was about a 30 minute wait (which I was slightly surprised about), but we waited and got on the course around 5:30.

The course moved fairly quickly except for some hold ups at a few holes. We were done in around an hour. It was a lot of fun! The course was well maintained and I found them to be just challenging enough! Kyle ended up beating me which was no surprise.

From there we ubered over to Animal Kingdom Lodge! I wanted Kyle to see it as I thought he would like it and sure enough I was right ;) He fell in love and vowed we would stay there one day! YES please!

We sat at some rocking chairs around a fire pit that wasn't turned on and within a few minutes it magically went on! We don't know if it was automatic or someone was watching, but we made sure to shout out a thank you just in case!

We sat there for a few minutes (it was a chilly night- a theme that would continue for most of the trip) before deciding to head to the Mara for some dinner. I ended up having the chicken platter and Kyle got the chicken sandwich. And of course some Zebra Domes, pretty much the whole reason I wanted to go there in the first place!

We looked around the gift shop a little and Kyle bought a lanyard for his pins as well as this cute shirt!

We ubered back to Pop around 8pm and our bags had been delivered while we were gone. We unpacked and then hit the hay! It was a long but nice first day!

Up next...A mess of a day at Islands of Adventure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter