I Found My Happily Ever After! A Jan '19 TR! + Bonus August TR *COMPLETED 12/2*

Sounds fun! We only went to Universal once, back in 2011. We didn't explore much, basically only doing the kiddie rides. I'm glad you had fun!

I keep thinking how much I want to get back to Universal but as I was reading through your report I realized that almost every ride makes me motion-sick. Even Minions! I think I would pay admission just for a butterbeer though!

I'm happy to hear Kyle's second day at Universal was a lot better than his first! And it looks like it was pretty nice, weather-wise, compared to the all day rain you had the first day.

The biggest risk to trying new restaurants is sometimes they are a dud. sorry that happened to you at lunch, but at least now you know not to go back there again.

After that we headed to Diagon Alley!
I am the biggest Harry Potter fan and would love to see this!

The wait for Escape from Gringotts was posted at 15 minutes and I think we waited about that. This ride is just the coolest! And Kyle really enjoyed it too.
This sounds great! Your weather is really perfect today too, glad you had so much fun! :)

Wow, those short wait times must have been great! Sounds like you got a lot done already that day :thumbsup2

The wait for Escape from Gringotts was posted at 15 minutes and I think we waited about that. This ride is just the coolest! And Kyle really enjoyed it too.
I'm sad that I never rode this. The last trip I made to Universal was 2014 (my family decided to skip it on the August trip to save $$ and time - more for Disney!) and it was just a few months after Diagon Ally opened. I did get in line for Gringott's, with a 90 minute wait, but then after 30 minutes the ride broke down and I decided to bail. I never did get the time to go back. Of course it was crazy busy all the time since it was so new then.

Did the rides at Universal cause DF to have less motion sickness? Or was he just more prepared this day with dramamine so they didn't bother him?

Looks like a fun day so far! I'm sure it was nice that the sun was out, too!

Oh goodness ...we were at MK on the 27th for our FIRST DAY EVER WITH THE KIDS. It was crazy, we were soaked. But also went on so many rides ...we paid for it later by having to dry out our stroller, shoes, jackets, a ruined autograph book, etc with ONE blowdryer. Was an experience!

We spent some time in the room relaxing before heading to the Pop food court for dinner. OH.MY.GOD. I have never seen a food court so crowded.

Hah yes! We were there for dinner that night too, we lasted until 3 at MK, and then didn't want to venture out again in the rain ...it was SO crowded! :upsidedow But hot food never tasted so good ...the rain really made us cold to the bone!

So glad the dramamine worked ...I took it every morning of our trip too, and it worked great!

As we headed out of the room, CMs were directing people away from the exit. We ended up having to go outside and backstage! Apparently the fire alarm was going off and everyone had to be evacuated.

So crazy ....we were at the same place at the same time at least twice this trip! My husband and son were just buckled in on Soarin' when the fire alarm started going off that day! Such a crazy thing to happen!

...We also went to Nemo after, and I got this awesome video of the scuba divers coming up to the window to "touch" hands with my kids through the glass ...it was such a cool thing to happen!

That ride is unlike any other! I can't wait to get back there someday to ride it again! I'm such a big fan!

We rode the Simpsons and Men In Black before getting some lunch in Springfield.This wasn't our best meal. Both of us felt kinda blah about what we got (and especially how overpriced it is).

I agree that the food in Springfield is just meh, but there really isn't much for options so you have to take what you can get I guess!

46719247724_6e0fce5f2b.jpg

I love that Iago looks surprised too, LOL

After that we decided to head over and see if we could get into the 3:30 Animation Academy class. There were some people waiting but we had no problem getting in! Since it was the first class of the day, the animator went with the most classic character of all- Mickey!

I wish they would bring this back permanently :sad::sad:

I loved seeing these little hidden artworks scattered around!

I love so many of the pictures I've seen of this festival, and the added artwork. Visiting during this time is quickly becoming a must do for me

When she asked what brought us to the restaurant Kyle just looked at me, laughed, and said "Boy Meets World". She got a kick out of this and pointed out both the table they sat at in that show and the one used on Full House. I was a happy camper :)

Yessss!!!!!

It looked like a great start to the Universal day, and crowds seemed low. Much nicer than the rainy first day, too!!

Adorable pictures with Ralph and Vanellope. I'm glad they brought them back, and hope they keep them there awhile! They are a family favorite.

Very cool getting to meet your favorite Disney artist. We really love Larry Dotson and have been lucky enough to be in the parks a couple of times when he was there to buy a print and get it signed by him. I think we have 2 signed ones and another we bought that wasn't autographed. I love that they bring their artists into the parks so often to give peopl

We went way back when they still had the Festival of the Masters at Downtown Disney which eventually morphed into the current Festival of the Arts at Epcot, and one thing I loved back then was the chalk art. I'm glad they kept that with this new festival!

And I didn't know they do the animation classes there! Another thing we loved back when they had it at DHS and were sad they got rid of! We were looking at our dates for next year last night and hoping we'd be there during the Arts but I think as our luck would have it we will probably be there for the short lull between Arts and Flower & Garden, unfortunately.

I always think of that episode of Full House when I see that restaurant!

I'm glad your next day at Universal seems to be going well so far. It's nice you had the opportunity for a little do-over.

Wow the peach-ish lighting on SE in that first photo is amazing!

Before we left, Kim took a picture for us and commented on what a lovely couple we were :lovestruc. I made sure to leave her a cast compliment on Twitter!
She sounds so sweet! Glad you had such a great experience and an awesome CM :D

I don't think we even waited 5 minutes before getting our pic with him!
LOVE the selfie

We stopped for some final pictures before leaving the park.
Ah so beautiful. I love nighttime lighting on SE.

I used the opportunity to grab a Mickey bar on the way back to the room
Take every opportunity for a Mickey Bar!!

Today we were heading to Universal Studios!
The weather looks significantly better than the other US day :P

OMG they had me cracking up so much and I was actually a little sad when it was our turn to get on the ride
Yes I love them so much! They are my favorite part of that whole attraction.

Looks like you got lots done at universal. Next trip, when the girls are older/taller, we'll definitely split time between there and WDW.

We did, the park really wasn't crowded! I think you will enjoy it when the girls are old enough to enjoy more of the rides there!

What a fun morning in Universal! Sounded like it wasn't that busy.

On your meal in Springfield, they really don't seem to have great options over there. I know the theming means the food is supposed to be on the more processed side, but it's just not flavorful either. Not surprised it was one negative food experience. Sorry it was though.

It really was pretty empty, despite it being a nicer day weather wise.

I've eaten in Springfield in the past and always though it was decent enough. This time not so much. Oh well!

Looks like a fun morning at Universal, you all did quite a few rides with short waits always a plus!

The Springfield area is always a fun spot for pictures!

I agree Gringotts is such a fun ride!

Despicable Me always has a long line best to do first thing!

It was a great morning and we were getting on the rides so quickly!

I'm glad we did Despicable Me right away, that was one ride where the line never got short even as the day progressed.

I've only just started reading but congratulations to you both

Thank you!! :goodvibes

What a fun morning at US! I love your pic with Homer and Marge!!!

It was a great morning and the meet with the Simpsons was a nice surprise!

Sounds fun! We only went to Universal once, back in 2011. We didn't explore much, basically only doing the kiddie rides. I'm glad you had fun!

It's definitely built itself up the past few years! It's not Disney but it still makes for a fun day!!

I keep thinking how much I want to get back to Universal but as I was reading through your report I realized that almost every ride makes me motion-sick. Even Minions! I think I would pay admission just for a butterbeer though!

The rides are pretty intense! But the butterbeer really might be worth it..sooo delicious!!

I'm happy to hear Kyle's second day at Universal was a lot better than his first! And it looks like it was pretty nice, weather-wise, compared to the all day rain you had the first day.

The biggest risk to trying new restaurants is sometimes they are a dud. sorry that happened to you at lunch, but at least now you know not to go back there again.

Yes this day was much better- no one got sick and it didn't rain! :rotfl:

I've actually eaten in Springfield a couple of times and was never as disappointed as I was this trip. But it happens!

I am the biggest Harry Potter fan and would love to see this!

This sounds great! Your weather is really perfect today too, glad you had so much fun! :)

Oh my then you would love it so much! The details are so well done.

We were having a great day, much better than the first!

Wow, those short wait times must have been great! Sounds like you got a lot done already that day :thumbsup2

The short wait times were wonderful! It really allowed us to enjoy the day and not feel like we had to rush to do everything.

I'm sad that I never rode this. The last trip I made to Universal was 2014 (my family decided to skip it on the August trip to save $$ and time - more for Disney!) and it was just a few months after Diagon Ally opened. I did get in line for Gringott's, with a 90 minute wait, but then after 30 minutes the ride broke down and I decided to bail. I never did get the time to go back. Of course it was crazy busy all the time since it was so new then.

I hope you get back to Universal one day to ride Gringotts. It's a truly incredible ride!!

Did the rides at Universal cause DF to have less motion sickness? Or was he just more prepared this day with dramamine so they didn't bother him?

Looks like a fun day so far! I'm sure it was nice that the sun was out, too!

He took the dramamine so I guess we will never know if the rides were better or it was just the medicine doing its job! Either way I'm glad we didn't have any other incidents the rest of the trip!

It was a great day and the weather was perfect!

Oh goodness ...we were at MK on the 27th for our FIRST DAY EVER WITH THE KIDS. It was crazy, we were soaked. But also went on so many rides ...we paid for it later by having to dry out our stroller, shoes, jackets, a ruined autograph book, etc with ONE blowdryer. Was an experience!

Hah yes! We were there for dinner that night too, we lasted until 3 at MK, and then didn't want to venture out again in the rain ...it was SO crowded! :upsidedow But hot food never tasted so good ...the rain really made us cold to the bone!

So glad the dramamine worked ...I took it every morning of our trip too, and it worked great!

So crazy ....we were at the same place at the same time at least twice this trip! My husband and son were just buckled in on Soarin' when the fire alarm started going off that day! Such a crazy thing to happen!

...We also went to Nemo after, and I got this awesome video of the scuba divers coming up to the window to "touch" hands with my kids through the glass ...it was such a cool thing to happen!

What a terrible day in the rain it was! I'm glad you got on so many rides, but like you said there was definitely a price to pay for being out in the rain! I guess it makes for a good story now!

How funny that we were in the same place at the same time! I am fairly certain we must have been in the same room as you when the divers were up at the window!

That ride is unlike any other! I can't wait to get back there someday to ride it again! I'm such a big fan!

I agree that the food in Springfield is just meh, but there really isn't much for options so you have to take what you can get I guess!

I agree that it's unlike any other! I'm not even an HP fan but that ride is just SO fun!

I'm glad we had a snack earlier in the day at Mel's because it softened the blow a little with having the food be so crappy at Springfield!

I love that Iago looks surprised too, LOL

I wish they would bring this back permanently :sad::sad:

I love so many of the pictures I've seen of this festival, and the added artwork. Visiting during this time is quickly becoming a must do for me

Yessss!!!!!

It looked like a great start to the Universal day, and crowds seemed low. Much nicer than the rainy first day, too!!

I am with you about the Animation class!! They never should have gotten rid of it!!

I think you would LOVE going during the Festival of the Arts, especially knowing your love for different Disney prints!

It was a MUCH better day at Universal!

Adorable pictures with Ralph and Vanellope. I'm glad they brought them back, and hope they keep them there awhile! They are a family favorite.

Very cool getting to meet your favorite Disney artist. We really love Larry Dotson and have been lucky enough to be in the parks a couple of times when he was there to buy a print and get it signed by him. I think we have 2 signed ones and another we bought that wasn't autographed. I love that they bring their artists into the parks so often to give peopl

We went way back when they still had the Festival of the Masters at Downtown Disney which eventually morphed into the current Festival of the Arts at Epcot, and one thing I loved back then was the chalk art. I'm glad they kept that with this new festival!

And I didn't know they do the animation classes there! Another thing we loved back when they had it at DHS and were sad they got rid of! We were looking at our dates for next year last night and hoping we'd be there during the Arts but I think as our luck would have it we will probably be there for the short lull between Arts and Flower & Garden, unfortunately.

I always think of that episode of Full House when I see that restaurant!

I'm glad your next day at Universal seems to be going well so far. It's nice you had the opportunity for a little do-over.

I hope they keep them around too, they are so fun (and popular)!

Meeting the artists in the parks is such a nice thing that they offer! It was a really cool moment!

The Animation class was such a nice treat. I hope they find a way to bring it back permanently! Aw man that would stink if you miss out on both festivals, but it's still a Disney trip!

How can you not think of Full House, right?! Just disappointing that Uncle Jesse wasn't swimming in the tank :rotfl:

Wow the peach-ish lighting on SE in that first photo is amazing!

She sounds so sweet! Glad you had such a great experience and an awesome CM :D

LOVE the selfie

Ah so beautiful. I love nighttime lighting on SE.

Take every opportunity for a Mickey Bar!!

The weather looks significantly better than the other US day :P

Yes I love them so much! They are my favorite part of that whole attraction.

It was a unique color to see on SE, I'm glad I could get a pic! And of course it always looks stunning at night!

Can you believe that was my ONLY Mickey bar of the trip? I'm so ashamed :eek:

It was a MUCH better day weather wise and overall!

I'm glad someone else loves the Ragtime Gals! No one in our preshow room seemed to appreciate them at all, meanwhile me and Kyle were in stitches!!

January 29 - More Universal Studios

After our lunch we headed over to ride ET!

Kyle hates this ride but he knows better than to fight me on riding that LOL I have to thank our uber driver that morning though for finding a way to make this fun for him! He mentioned when it's time to give our names, to use the name "Wakabayashi" because it's a real name that will be recognized by the system. Sure enough it worked and hearing ET say that at the end of the ride was HILARIOUS!

When we got off, Hello Kitty was all by her lonesome and I just had to meet her! She was so cute!

After that we did Shrek 4D, which is always nice for a little break.

We then did the Mummy again which was a literal walk on before heading back to Diagon Alley to do Gringotts Single Rider. When we got in we ended up getting to sit next to each other anyway! It was so perfect, we got so lucky.

Before heading out I had to grab some more butter beer!

We were about ready to wind down for the day, so we decided to try out the Fast & the Furious ride.

I warned Kyle how bad I've heard it was but we both agreed we needed to try it out for ourselves! It was a walk-on thank goodness! Overall I didn't think it was AWFUL but it's certainly not worth waiting in line for. The pre-show is funny and the graphics are pretty cool but it's just SO short.

When we started to make our way out, we saw Donkey was meeting so decided to meet him. What a great decision! He was hilarious! He asked Kyle why he was a Patriot fan (because of his hat) and he said because he likes to win. Donkey didn't miss a beat and said "No, you like to cheat" and then said to me "Watch out for him because he's a cheater!". :rotfl2:

And that was our last park activity! We headed out and stopped for a few pics.

2019-01-29 16.42.49 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

And then we stopped at Voodoo
Doughnuts to bring some back to the room! I ended up with the Grape Ape which I ate for breakfast the next morning and really liked!

Up next...Back to the Disney bubble!

I liked the pre-show part of Jimmy Fallon even better than the ride itself haha!

What a fun tip from the Uber driver about the name for ET! I'm gonna have to try to remember that one!

We did Fast and Furious during HHN because it was a walk on and I agree- I don't think it was terrible but they definitely could've done more with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter