I Found My Happily Ever After! A Jan '19 TR! + Bonus August TR *COMPLETED 12/2*

Kyle hates this ride

I have a deep childhood fear related to ET...I was brave and rode, but there were scary ETs everywhere :sad: My family enjoys torturing me with it!!

40557516013_f420826c4e.jpg

Ahh!! I want to meet Hello Kitty in September!!

For some reason "Donkbo" made me laugh WAY harder than was probably necessary, lol!!

IUaTjR4.gif

I'm most concerned about the fact that Kyle hates ET but then thinks Fast and Furious is ok... very questionable. Love the tip about the name though, that's so funny.

That Donkey interaction sounds hysterical. Giving you the real relationship advice haha

Hello Kitty is so cute! But is it just me or do her arms and legs look weird?

I didn’t know Donkey talked! That’s awesome! I hope he sounds like Eddie Murphy!

Sounds like a great day at Universal!

You, my dear, are adorable. Your lovely spirit shines through in all your posts. That artist being at EPCOT at the same time you were buying his art was pure Disney Magic.

Sure enough it worked and hearing ET say that at the end of the ride was HILARIOUS!
Hahaha that sounds amazing!

When we got in we ended up getting to sit next to each other anyway!
How perfect!

Before heading out I had to grab some more butter beer!
MMMmmm always a good choice

When we started to make our way out, we saw Donkey was meeting so decided to meet him.
Whoa I didn't know you could meet Donkey! It sounds hilarious!!

And then we stopped at Voodoo Doughnuts to bring some back to the room! I ended up with the Grape Ape which I ate for breakfast the next morning and really liked!
I still haven't tried this yet but the donuts look so delicious!

The name on E.T. story is hilarious. Kudos to the Uber driver for letting you in on that little secret.

Man, Donkey didn't hold back any punches. :rotfl2:

Glad you got to ride Gringotts again and have another Butterbeer. A successful afternoon in Universal!

I liked the pre-show part of Jimmy Fallon even better than the ride itself haha!

What a fun tip from the Uber driver about the name for ET! I'm gonna have to try to remember that one!

We did Fast and Furious during HHN because it was a walk on and I agree- I don't think it was terrible but they definitely could've done more with it!

It's just so funny!!

Yes next time you ride ET you must try it, it's really funny!

Exactly! Considering it's a new ride there was definitely room to do something more!!

I have a deep childhood fear related to ET...I was brave and rode, but there were scary ETs everywhere :sad: My family enjoys torturing me with it!!

Ahh!! I want to meet Hello Kitty in September!!

For some reason "Donkbo" made me laugh WAY harder than was probably necessary, lol!!

IUaTjR4.gif

LOL oh no!! I guess I can see how some are freaked out by him. I just love him though!

I hope you get to meet Hello Kitty! I was so happy we stumbled upon her.

I never noticed the Disney-esque signs in the queue- they are pretty funny!

I'm most concerned about the fact that Kyle hates ET but then thinks Fast and Furious is ok... very questionable. Love the tip about the name though, that's so funny.

That Donkey interaction sounds hysterical. Giving you the real relationship advice haha

Hahaha yeah, I side eye him A LOT on a daily basis :rotfl2:

Donkey was hysterical! He kept is so real and I was loving it!

Hello Kitty is so cute! But is it just me or do her arms and legs look weird?

I didn’t know Donkey talked! That’s awesome! I hope he sounds like Eddie Murphy!

Sounds like a great day at Universal!

Haha I guess they are a little strange!

He did sound like Eddie Murphy! It was a very cool meet!

Thank you, it was! :)

You, my dear, are adorable. Your lovely spirit shines through in all your posts. That artist being at EPCOT at the same time you were buying his art was pure Disney Magic.

Aww thank you so much! That is incredibly sweet :hug: And yes, that moment was pretty magical!

Hahaha that sounds amazing!

How perfect!

MMMmmm always a good choice

Whoa I didn't know you could meet Donkey! It sounds hilarious!!

I still haven't tried this yet but the donuts look so delicious!

You can never go wrong with butterbeer :thumbsup2

I didn't know you could meet Donkey either! He was amazing!

I really liked the donut I got and I found the price to be so reasonable!

The name on E.T. story is hilarious. Kudos to the Uber driver for letting you in on that little secret.

Man, Donkey didn't hold back any punches. :rotfl2:

Glad you got to ride Gringotts again and have another Butterbeer. A successful afternoon in Universal!

Our uber driver that morning was one of the best ones we got- so friendly and informative!

Donkey was something else!! I'm glad we ended up meeting him.

It was a very successful afternoon! The whole day worked out really well.

Sheesh, I didn't realize Donkey had such strong feelings about football. He really let your DF have it :rotfl2:

Hahah I know!! And I was enjoying every minute of it :rotfl2:

Aww too cute!

What a great wrap up to your day at Universal. I really do need to get back there someday... it's been quite a while (like 1997!) :laughing: And I've heard about these donuts for a while now, and I need to try one for myself! Great pictures throughout your update! :goodvibes

Just catching up! Congratulations on your engagement!

Thank you so much!! :goodvibes

Aww too cute!

What a great wrap up to your day at Universal. I really do need to get back there someday... it's been quite a while (like 1997!) :laughing: And I've heard about these donuts for a while now, and I need to try one for myself! Great pictures throughout your update! :goodvibes

I do recommend it! It's hard to leave the Disney bubble but there is so much fun stuff there!

January 29 - Our night at AoA!

We were back at the hotel by 6pm. The sunset was so pretty!

We relaxed in our room for a little bit before walking over to Art of Animation for dinner. It was cool seeing the gondola progress.

It was so quiet over at AoA! I got a turkey sandwich and Kyle got a salad and we both really enjoyed our meals!

Kyle was exhausted but I kinda guilt tripped him into letting us walk through the Cars section before heading back.

We got back to your room around 8:30 just as the Star Wars fireworks were going off at DHS. We could see a little bit from our balcony! We then got right into bed, we were pretty beat!

Up next...Animal Kingdom

The sunset with the WDW sign is gorgeous!

That’s one of my favorite things about staying at Pop- super easy to walk over to AoA. We found we like their food court a lot more than Pops!

I've only walked around AoA while staying at Pop once and it was in the dead of the day when the heat was awful! I really need to walk around there at some point!

Kyle hates this ride but he knows better than to fight me on riding that LOL I have to thank our uber driver that morning though for finding a way to make this fun for him! He mentioned when it's time to give our names, to use the name "Wakabayashi" because it's a real name that will be recognized by the system. Sure enough it worked and hearing ET say that at the end of the ride was HILARIOUS!
When it was at Universal Hollywood we'd always change up our names. My brother was really into Austin Powers and tried to use "Goldmember" but it came out as Goldie...

He asked Kyle why he was a Patriot fan (because of his hat) and he said because he likes to win. Donkey didn't miss a beat and said "No, you like to cheat" and then said to me "Watch out for him because he's a cheater!". :rotfl2:
I agree with Donkey! :P

Hey, how's it goin? Trying to catch up a bit and study up on the boards... and I saw this TR about a Happily Ever After! Big congratulations to you both and I look forward to reading about the proposal!

Kyle has been on this ride MANY times. He was SO excited! The second the ride ended I looked over at him and knew it was not good. He was pale and felt nauseous. We barely made it out of the queue before he needed to sit down. We spent a good 30 minutes at the queue exit waiting for him to feel better before we moved only a few feet away to the bathrom area near the Hulk lockers. He felt horrible for holding up our day. And I felt terrible that he got so sick. I also felt foolish because last trip we had a similar situation happen on the Rip Rock It ride at Universal. But knowing that he'd done the Hulk before, I thought he'd be fine. (Lesson learned: Dramimine will be taken during every theme park vacation going forward).
I can relate... getting older sucks. The rides are still awesome, but I've pretty much made it part of my daily routine to take a full dose of Dramamine when we're doing parks.

I love hearing ET say “goodbye Caroline”, haha!:rotfl2:Andi always laughs at me.

We have never met any characters at Universal, how cute!

Andi and I walked around the Cars section at AoA and I really loved it! Glad Kyle agreed to check it out:thumbsup2

A of A is so perfectly themed! We've stayed there twice and loved both of our visits. I love how you can walk from Pop.

The Cars section is so cute! I’m not a huge fan of the movies but the theming at AOA looks adorable.

Walking around Art of Animation is always a great way to wind down after a day in a park. The walk across the bridge is usually really peaceful; not sure how it was with the Skyway construction, though.
Plus, you can't beat having additional food options just a short walk away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter