I gave somebody wrong directions at WDW and feel bad about it

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
We are currently at WDW. Last night, we were in Pandora and a woman asked me a simple question (which way the boat ride was). I mistakenly pointed her toward FOP instead. By the time I realized my mistake, she was gone.

I'm always the first to complain when people are spouting off like they know what they're talking about when they're completely wrong and then I go and do the same thing. Shame on me. Hopefully she found her way.

In my defense, it was very dark, as it always is in Pandora at night, and I've only been there a couple of times before so I'm not nearly as familiar with it as I am with the rest of the park.

On the flip side, we had a nice conversation on the monorail earlier in the day when a woman standing next to us was telling her friend a couple of things that weren't quite right so first my wife chimed in nicely to fill in some correct details. Once the woman realized we knew what we were talking about, she asked a few other questions (and I know we answered all of them correctly).

On the flip side, we had a nice conversation on the monorail earlier in the day when a woman standing next to us was telling her friend a couple of things that weren't quite right so first my wife chimed in nicely to fill in some correct details. Once the woman realized we knew what we were talking about, she asked a few other questions (and I know we answered all of them correctly).

To me, this is a slippery slope if I decide to interject. I want to help folks visiting the parks that may not have a plethora of experience, but don't want to come across as all-knowing or pompous. However, in almost all cases it is met with genuine gratitude and I feel happy I could share some information that can make their experience even better.

To me, this is a slippery slope if I decide to interject. I want to help folks visiting the parks that may not have a plethora of experience, but don't want to come across as all-knowing or pompous. However, in almost all cases it is met with genuine gratitude and I feel happy I could share some information that can make their experience even better.
Exactly. Most of the time we don’t engage. But when we can do so in an informational way rather than a correctional way, it typically is well received.

I try not to engage with people that are totally saying things that are wrong. Sometimes I can't resist. I do try to give people help if they ask while I'm standing in line or somewhere though. Sometimes I answer their question or I direct them to ask a Cast Member just because I'm afraid to give wrong information.

I arrive tomorrow. Maybe I'll run into you? :)

We are currently at WDW. Last night, we were in Pandora and a woman asked me a simple question (which way the boat ride was). I mistakenly pointed her toward FOP instead. By the time I realized my mistake, she was gone.

I'm always the first to complain when people are spouting off like they know what they're talking about when they're completely wrong and then I go and do the same thing. Shame on me. Hopefully she found her way.

In my defense, it was very dark, as it always is in Pandora at night, and I've only been there a couple of times before so I'm not nearly as familiar with it as I am with the rest of the park.

Do not worry I have also given wrong directions

Steve ...I can relate. I find nighttime in Pandora a little disorienting -not sure if it’s because I’m not totally familiar or because I’m generally focused on the lighting and other surroundings.

It happens. I know it sucks and you feel bad, but your intentions were in the right place. I'm sure they found it eventually.

Easy enough mistake to make. Hopefully they still have a lot of CM's around the FOP area who were able to redirect them quickly enough!! I imagine they found there way very quickly.

Don't feel bad, just gotta do the best you can. Never done it at WDW, but in Chicago I have mistakenly given the wrong directions to tourist asking for help many times and it always feels bad. 99/100 you'd probably have been spot on.

Been there, done that - both in WDW, and other places. But like others have said - as long as your (and my) intentions were good, that's all that counts!

My family members have been known to loudly discuss incorrect info just to rile up the pros (like me) LOL. Like riding the monorail to MK and talking about how they can't wait to get on that Harry Potter ride inside the castle...or walking past SSE at Epcot and loudly proclaiming "don't know what those people are waiting on line for...there's nothing in that golf ball" or "it's a walking ride, and you have to walk all the way to the top of the ball".

They're sooo much fun.

Unfortunately those of us here who are seasoned and knowledgeable WDW peeps often hear false information. It notoriously happens at work -- I over hear a co-worker telling another co-worker how she went to WDW stayed at a value resort and had the meal plan to eat in the resort food court. She believed that was the only location that her dining plan worked. Or another co-working thinking about her first visit to WDW in 2 months and that Harry potter is there. I have to be careful how i correct and redirect them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!