I got a bunch O' questions

HatboxHaint

GrimGrinningGhost
Armed Services Tickets
We are staying at HRH. Can we activate our armed services tickets there or do we have to walk down to a park gate?

Photos
Is there a post that explains how the digital photo system works? I'm used to Disney's....

AP and volcano bay
Might go to VB one day. I have a 2 park seasonal. Should I upgrade or buy a 1-day ticket.

AP and discounts
We have a family of 5 going for a few days. eating on site a good bit probably and buy wands and other souvenirs most likely. Should I upgrade my seasonal AP to the tier that includes discounts on food and merch? Seems like I would have to spend about $1000 in order to see that $100 upgrade fee pay off. (and I still wouldn't have VB ticket for that upgrade charge) I'm also blocked out of Saturday in USF because its a concert day, plans could easily not include USF that day.

Mardi Gras Parade
Got any tips on where to stand? I'm the only one in my family with an AP so that area is out.

AP Lounge
Can my family come in with me if I'm the only one with an AP?

Some of the stickies will help you with answers

When in doubt, send an email to guest services for a question as they have up to date info

They will reply within 48 hours and sometimes sooner

For the AP and discounts, we had a similar situation for Thanksgiving. Our first 2 days were blocked out because of Mannheim Steamroller. We decided to upgrade our Seasonal Passes to Power to get to see the show and not be stuck in IOA only for those days. That was $50 per person. Then we upgraded one pass to Preferred for $40 more to get the discounts. I suggest looking at the list of discounts at https://www.universalorlando.com/we...nnual-passes/uoap-types#preferred-annual-pass to see if you are likely to get your money's worth. For $40, it was pretty easy to break even for 4 of us over 5 days. Plus we knew we would come back at least one more time.

Just wanted to answer the question about the lounge and that is no you can't bring your family into the AP Lounge. Never tried it (as it's only me), nor asked, but not only they check your AP if you want one of their free pins, magnets, or purchase only AP merch, but they check your AP status as you barely get through the door. Considering they check you twice I doubt they'll allow family members of AP holders. As it would technically defeat the purpose of being "a perk".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter