I got my flu shot today đź’‰

Last Friday we all had our annual flu shots.

Dh and I were hoping to vote as our early voting place was right down the street. However, the line was too long so we decided to try again tomorrow. I am a little worried as a friend today said he waited 90 minutes. :scared: I think the line on Friday would have only been 30.

My nurse did but she also specifically recommended getting it in the dominant arm because moving it around apparently helps minimize the stiff/sore feeling.

That's interesting. No one asked and I got it in the left (I'm right handed) and I felt much sorer than previous years when I got it at the hospital where I volunteer. I figured that maybe HEB just doesn't do it as often so isn't as experienced/good. For some reason though, I now remember that they used to do it in my right arm at the hospital.

Got mine, first time getting a flu shot. No objection, just lazy... getting the yearly shot is such a pain. But now It is state mandated in Massachusetts for all educators and students to get one by Jan. Made my arm pretty sore, I already had a shoulder injury on that arm, so that might have contributed to the inflammation, but all resolved in a day or two.
I didn't get one 2 years ago when my frozen shoulder had just started, as I didn't want it in the bad arm and didn't want both arms hurting at once. Last year I was still struggling with it somewhat and went ahead anyway, since I was also due for tetanus. Got both of them in the bad arm. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Better by the next morning.

This year I am having trouble with both shoulders so it didn't matter much which side. I went with non dominant side (Pharmacist at Walgreens let me choose).

Generally I found that massaging the area soon after getting the injection, and moving the arms a lot for the next few hours helped out a lot (I incorporated some of my frozen shoulder exercises).

I got mine at the beginning of the month. Initially I felt fine but it hurt a LOT a couple of hours later. I made an effort to move it around a lot and it felt way better by the next morning and almost completely normal the day after that. No other issues (almost exact same experience for my husband).

The nurse who did ours asked if we had a preference for which arm, did they do that for you?
yes, she (Pharmacist at a Rite Aid) asked me if my left was ok as the chair was set up that way. I figured on the chance the flu shot would make my arm sore for a bit... it would not be new as it was already sore from my shoulder LOL, i did not want to have two sore arms at the same time... so just went with the option to make the already sore one, more sore. Not sure if that was smart or dumb, but all better now.

Got my flu shot today :)
And my first Hep A & B jabs today.
And yearly bloodwork too... earned 3 bandaids!

The Hep's stung more but feel fine after. Flu arm is a tad sore, nothing major.

yes, she (Pharmacist at a Rite Aid) asked me if my left was ok as the chair was set up that way. I figured on the chance the flu shot would make my arm sore for a bit... it would not be new as it was already sore from my shoulder LOL, i did not want to have two sore arms at the same time... so just went with the option to make the already sore one, more sore. Not sure if that was smart or dumb, but all better now.
lol, well at least it's all better :flower1:

Just went thru the drive-thru flu clinic today! Fast and easy. There were two cars ahead of us. Dh was driving, they did him first, then came around the car and gave me my shot. Love the drive-thru clinics!

That’s cool. I was achy the day after.

I got mine with a dr visit They had a drive in set up, but I was going in for other reasons too. Dr said lots of people are coming in and they are starting to run a little low. DH would get the high test shot(LOL I don't know what it's called) since he's older and they only have a few hundred left of those. DH goes in next week for his check up and will get one then.

We get them every year, but sounds like lots and lots are getting them this year.

Whole family got our quadrivalent today. I asked if they could accomodate me as high risk and they let us get a group appointment right after lunch, check-in on the phone, stay in the car and use the side door. I discovered that people will be supportive if I call in advance and ask respectfully for an accomodation so if anyone out there is hesitant maybe reach out and ask. Normally it can take a month to coerce my 20s somethings into going and it's like herding cats but this year everyone was cooperative I'm so relieved it's done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter