I got one question answered...

Juliettte

Earning My Ears
Since I got my question about Knotts vs Six Flags answered (I will choose Six Flags), I will re-post the other question with some changes to it.

Has anyone stayed at the Ramada Limited Suites (formerly Comfort Suites at the Park)? It looks clean and reasonable, but I'd like to know more about it before I make my final decision. Same goes for Days Inn Suites.

Do any other hotels on Harbor offer senior discounts, other than Best Western Park Place? Since my mom and aunt are both seniors, I would like for them to get some kind of a discount.

I have narrowed my choices down to these 6 hotels, opinions please (I know how everyone feels about Candy Cane, but I will add that too.)

1)Best Western Park Place
2)Candy Cane
3)Days Inn Suites
4)Hojo Plaza
5)Park Vue Inn
6)Ramada Limited Suites

If anyone can reccommend a good hotel that I can look into, please feel free to either email me privately, or post it here.

Thanx!!

Juliettte

Best Western Park Place gets my vote :D It's location can't be beat on Harbor, and it's a nice hotel as hotels go.

-Rajah
tigerbow.gif

mickeymoonsm.jpg

cdrtrisal@aol.com

(Links will return when I find a new place to host the sites)

Hi Juliette,

I am not sure about the senior discounts, but if you are a member of the AAA (automobile assocation), their Guidebook shows senior discounts for each property. If there is one you are interested in, I could probably drag out my book and look for you to save time. If I can find some type of listing that indicates senior discounts, I will post here in detail.

I stayed at the Hawthorne Suites last January with my family, and enjoyed it greatly! It is about 3 blocks or so from Disneyland, but they had a free shuttle. A few times I drove because we were returning late at night and I knew the kids would be hungry going "home", so I needed the car for errands. Although they quoted me $89 for the AAA rate, on the drive down there I found a $49 coupon rate in the Hotel/Motel Guide while we stopped for lunch somewhere in Central CA. I called from a pay phone and they accepted the $49 rate for up to 6 people! This was a fantastic deal since the hotel is comprised of two-room suites, similar to the layout in Quality or Embassy Suites. I was delighted since we had 2 adults and 3 kids in our group. Free breakfast, also.

It is more convenient to stay, as you probably know, in the S. Harbor Blvd. area near the Candy Cane Inn and the other motels since they are as close as you can get. However, the rate Candy Cane quoted me was about $30 more than Hawthorne, and I also needed the extra room of a suite.

I know you settled on Six Flags already, but Knotts Berry is not without its own quaint charms. It is not as glitzy as the bigger parks but the chicken dinners are great and the gift shop has tons of cute jam sets. I like the panning for gold and the Western atmosphere. Then again, I'm a native Californian, so I think that's why Knotts is an "oldtimer" in my heart. Their roller coasters are quite thrilling as well!

Have a *magical* time and post here with any questions.

GracieB

Juliette,

I got this off the www.bestwestern.com website: "With more than fifty years of hotel experience, we feel age has its rewards. That's why AARP members or anyone 55* or older receive at least 10% off regular room rates at any of our nearly 2,400 Best Western locations in North America and many of the more than 1,700 locations elsewhere in the world. Most hotels offer mature guests little extras to make their stay more pleasant--like late check-out, complimentary room upgrades and continental breakfasts.
For reservations, use our on-line service or refer to our toll-free Worldwide Reservations Offices for the number nearest you. Guest may be required to show proof of age at check-in. (*Availability may be limited and minimum age requirements may vary by country when staying at Best Western Hotels outside the U.S. and Canada.)"

Of your choices I have stayed at both Howard Johnson and Candy Cane. Both are good hotels but I prefer the Candy Cane for its ambiance, room decore, breakfast and friendliness. HoJo is slightly closer of a walk but Candy Cane's is easy too.
Dan

I've stayed at the Ramada and loved it. They also give you free breakfast at the resteraunt next door for your entire family. I have never paid more than $69.00 per night. Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!