I Grant You Three Wishes - Farewell to Wishes Trip

icesk8abc

Mouseketeer
Hello and welcome to my trip report!

Before we get to the good stuff, let me introduce us:

upload_2017-11-17_15-36-59.png

Me: I’m Jen. I am the instigator of all of our Disney Trips. My favorite Disney Movie is Beauty and the Beast. My favorite character to meet is Mickey and my favorite ride is a tie between Soarin’ and TTA (I know, I know). This trip was my 9th to WDW. I’ve also been to DL twice and on 2 Disney Cruises.

Ryan: Henceforth known as DH. He started out tolerating my request for Disney trips and now enjoys them. His favorite Disney Movies are Avengers (all of them) and Herbie. He doesn’t really care about character meets and his favorite ride is Tower of Terror. This trip was his 5th to WDW in addition to 2 DL trips and 2 Disney Cruises.

Alice: Henceforth known as DDA. She was 2 at the time of our trip. We called it a 3rd birthday celebration since she turned 3 a month after we got back. Her favorite Disney show is Doc McStuffins. Her favorite character to meet is Ariel, and her favorite ride is it’s a small world. This would be her 2nd trip to WDW. She has also been on a Disney Cruise.

Cindy: Henceforth known as DDC. She was 6 months old at the time of the trip and had not discovered her favorites yet. This was her first trip to WDW unless you count our baby announcement trip before she was born.

Other characters:
We were meeting my friend from growing up (DF), her mom (DFM), and her 2 year old son (DFS). Their trip was shorter than ours and started a day earlier. We did not stay together the whole time so you will see that they pop in and out of our trip. She and I went to WDW together in 2004 and 2006.

We did the Kinder deal that was out at the time and stayed at All Star Movies from April 25-May 2. We had park hoppers which we used every day except 1. DF and company did not have park hoppers. We are up for rope drop, back to the hotel for nap, and up for the fireworks park goers.

A few notes about our trip/my report:

1.I am a compulsive planner.
2.Things never go exactly as planned.
3. I will post our plan for the day before I get into what we actually got done. Touring with a toddler and baby meant more flexibility in planning.
4. While I wrote down what we ate for the most part, I don’t have pictures. Trying to feed a baby and toddler make food pictures low on the priority list.
5. I won’t be posting pictures of my friend or her family.

Day 1 Morning - Hi Ho Hi Ho, it's off to Disney we go!

I made these little mini books for my daughter. They were a great way to talk to her about what to expect for the morning or afternoon. I only put the big stuff on there that I was fairly certain would actually happen.

upload_2017-12-6_22-16-52.png

Our flight this morning was at 6:20 am. That means that I was waking my little darlings at 3:20. I fed DDC, woke DDA, and put the last minute items into the suitcases. After triple checking the suitcases with the fish scale, we loaded up – 2 full sized suitcases, 2 carry-ons, camera bag, DDA’s bag of busy stuff, diaper bag, stroller, and extra car seat for the plane. We aren’t what you would call light travelers.

We grabbed Chick-Fil-A for breakfast and went to wait at our gate. We were a little later than we had planned getting out of the driveway so we only had about a 10 minute wait until boarding started.

We were flying Southwest and didn’t get up at 6:20 the day before to check in to group A so we used family boarding. We easily got our own row about 2/3 of the way back. DH installed the car seat for DDA and we tried to get settled. Now comes #1 in the list of pictures where not everyone is looking at the camera. LOL with a baby and a toddler, it’s no surprise.

upload_2017-12-6_22-18-2.png

DDA kept herself well occupied throughout the trip with snacks, sticker books, coloring books and other toys. Luckily DDC decided to go back to sleep and napped most of the flight. Once we got to Orlando it was a quick trip through the airport to Magical Express. We did stop to grab our first Mickey picture of the trip:

upload_2017-12-6_22-18-46.png

We had hoped DDA would sleep some on the plane, but no dice. Apparently the ME bus has sleepy dust as well as Pixie dust because about 5 minutes into the drive, this happened:

upload_2017-12-6_22-19-40.png

We hadn’t received our room ready text yet so we went to the check in desk to see about how long it would be. They found us a room in this lovely building:

upload_2017-12-6_22-20-15.png

Side story- My husband loves Herbie and wanted to stay in that building. Our package required a preferred room. The buildings in Herbie section are not preferred. No matter how many times we explained to the lady at the desk that we didn’t care about giving up our preferred status a room in Herbie just wouldn’t do. Really the room we had ended up being perfect. It was close to everything, but on the furthest corner away from noise. Disney does know best.

We headed over to the food court for lunch. DDC didn’t make it quite that far. Since solids were something she only sort of had sometimes, I just fed her later.

upload_2017-12-6_22-21-12.png

We headed back to the room and attempted an ineffective nap. I ran over to our friends room at All Star Music to pick up our half of the groceries while DH hung out with the nap striking toddler.

Next we finally head to a park!

Following, we are going in April, so I’m interested to hear about crowd levels/wait times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter