I grew a pumpkin!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I planted some pumpkin seeds, and didn't expect much. Didn't see any pumpkins but the vine grew wild. I was harvesting some tomatoes and found a pumpkin about the size of a soccer ball under the foilage!

Did anyone else grow their own jack o lantern?:goodvibes

Congratulations! I haven't grown a pumpkin since I was a child.

Rebecca

We did grow pumpkins; only two turned out (orange) before something ate most of them this year!

Saw in your siggy Cape May, NJ - we LOVE the beach area down near The Cove restaurant! Even had our family photo taken there this summer.....which reminds me I have to order them before Christmas comes, LOL!!

We did grow pumpkins; only two turned out (orange) before something ate most of them this year!

Saw in your siggy Cape May, NJ - we LOVE the beach area down near The Cove restaurant! Even had our family photo taken there this summer.....which reminds me I have to order them before Christmas comes, LOL!!

Congratulations on getting 2, I've only one!

We had a 4 generation family photo taken in '07 by the beach by the bay at the Fisherman's memorial. It came out lovely, and I hope yours did too!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Congratulations on your pumpkin!!! That is one of my goals for next year...a home-grown jack-o-lantern.

Don't have a pic on my computer but last year I carved a purchased white pumpkin from a Tinker Bell stencil and used a battery operated color changing light -
So cute

We DID have one growing but MIL knows nothing about pumpkins or squash, thought we were growing it for the table and cut it "so it wouldn't rot away". Grrrrrrrrrr:mad::furious: DS(10) was growing it for a competition to grow the biggest pumkin by halloween, and he was one of the few kids in the school who had one.:headache:

I planted some pumpkin seeds, and didn't expect much. Didn't see any pumpkins but the vine grew wild. I was harvesting some tomatoes and found a pumpkin about the size of a soccer ball under the foilage!

Did anyone else grow their own jack o lantern?:goodvibes

Congratulations! It's so exciting! I love growing pumpkins:banana:Unfortunately the deer love pumpkins too:mad:
We've picked 3 large ones and 4 small so far. Lost quite a few to the deer. Right now I'm guarding 4 with baskets at night. One is already huge and turning orange!

Congrats!! We didn't get any pumpkins this year (we got squash bugs... nasty little things that wrecked the vines before we realized what they were...) there's always next year though :)

I found another, smaller one. I picked it as soon as I saw it and we brought it to the pet cemetery where the ashes of our dear dogs are buried. It was just the right size to put on their marker.

Deb, did the ones you were protecting, make it?

We grew our first pumpkin(s) this year too and added corn as suggested since they grow well together. WOW are those plants get HUGE!

Last edited:
We grew our first pumpkin(s) this year too! WOW are those plants HUGE! We had two types, a regular "jack o lantern" type and then a small container of little ones. We got two larger pumpkins, maybe two or four pounds and then four TEENIE ones, from 2 inches to four inches that were super cute. We're doing to do more of the latter next year, being city apartment dwellers :D

It's so satisfying, isn't it? Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter