I hate waiting...

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
I'm sitting here waiting for a friend. We made plans to go hiking today but no set time. When I texted to ask if we were still going I was told yes but they had to finish something first. So still don't know when they are coming.

It is not like I have other plans today. But just sitting here waiting, it is frustrating. I am a planner. I like to know when I am doing something ahead of time.

I'm sitting here waiting for a friend. We made plans to go hiking today but no set time. When I texted to ask if we were still going I was told yes but they had to finish something first. So still don't know when they are coming.

It is not like I have other plans today. But just sitting here waiting, it is frustrating. I am a planner. I like to know when I am doing something ahead of time.

I am a planner, too and "I need to finish something more important than you even though we had plans" doesn't work for me. I'd text her and tell her you aren't going today, especially since it is already almost past dinner time.

I am a planner as well, and this type of situation bothers me a lot.

I am a planner, too and "I need to finish something more important than you even though we had plans" doesn't work for me. I'd text her and tell her you aren't going today, especially since it is already almost past dinner time.

Uh, depending on where OP lives. It's only just past lunch here.

I hate that too. I usually get wrapped up in something else, and have desire to do my original plans when people call or text. LOL

That’s my sister. We’re polar opposites that way. I need a plan. She’ll call ten minutes after she’s supposed to show saying she’s getting in the shower, has to stop by the store and go get gas. Then she wonders why I don’t invite her to do things anymore.

I just don’t have the patience for that kind of thing anymore. It’s rude and comes off as my time is unimportant. If it were me I wouldn’t be waiting around for this friend to show.

Definitely try & nail down an exact time to meet up next time.
If your friend gets there & you feel put upon by having to wait, let them know your not up for hiking anymore/something came up and your not going.

Oh, that would be annoying. I would send a text asking for an ETA. Then you can determine if you can get other chores or errands done so you aren't just sitting there stewing.

ETA, I saw this thread started a few hours ago. Hopefully you are on your hike!!

Seriously, no one yet ??? :listen: while reading thread :teeth:

:confused3 Then why didn't you both agree on a time when you talked about getting together?

You havent posted back so I take it all went good. Really this fight goes back to caveman times. The on time people, know the vaule of soeones time and have feel that you would be disrespectful not to be on time and have plans so you wont be sitting around looking stupid. The willy nilly people seem to just know how to have fun with the unexpected. Me Im a detailed planner but love having willy nilly people in my life

I would need an exact time about three days out! Lol. That fly by night life is not for me.
I have a friend who pops into Vegas and expects me to drop everything to meet her on The Strip within hours of her “I’m in town” text. First, she has NO idea how difficult it is battling the traffic to get there from my house. We’re talking minimum 40mins on a good day and generally twice as long to get back. Second, it’s always around my birthday the one time I actually have plans. And last, I just don’t roll like that. I NEED a heads up mentally. I’ve tried to tell her all this but she doesn’t get it. I don’t think she’s talking to me since the last time but hey, I had hockey tickets.

This would bother me too. Hope it all worked out be definitely nail down a time or time frame the day or two before!

Second, it’s always around my birthday the one time I actually have plans. And last, I just don’t roll like that. I NEED a heads up mentally. I’ve tried to tell her all this but she doesn’t get it. I don’t think she’s talking to me since the last time but hey, I had hockey tickets.

Fleury > Friends

Your real friends would understand ... just saying...😉

(PS, I miss Flower 🌸 says the Pens fan)

We ended up meeting up but didn’t go hiking. Too hot at 3:30 to go hiking.

And half the time we set a time and the time gets changed. I think next time I might have to say sorry I can’t.
If it's the other party that always "calls the tune" maybe try saying you'll call them when you're ready to do whatever it is. :wave2:

I'm a planner and need set times. If you're late either let me know before I contact you, cancel, or reschedule. Why waste someone elses time?

I too am a planner and I would have planned on a meet time. If the friend was wishy washy about that time, I would have suggested another date and time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter