I have a dumb question about the Thigh High biscuits@ Homecomin'

Avery&Todd

DIS Veteran
Ugh - I feel silly asking this question....but here I go..

I prefer a chicken breast or a wing, not a leg or a thigh - I feel that legs and thighs have too many "things" in them that I have to pick out or eat around.

That being said - those Thigh High biscuits at Homecomin' look DELICIOUS!!

But..those of you that have partaken of that lovely looking goodness, were there "things" in the chicken? I have found that thighs can have pockets of fat and that is a turn off, and I would hate to order those biscuits and then find "things"..

thanks!!

(obviously I ponder what I want to eat in February WAY too much!!)

Well coming from the deep south I find that their food is very average but the Thigh High were a big hit with the girls. I am unsure what you mean about "things". We prefer the thighs because that is where most of the flavor of chicken is and yes you can run into fat there. Not much and it should not be a turnoff. If you ask nicely they will probably big you out a small bite of meat to try it. When we ate there I noticed a lot of Yankees around us asking a lot of questions and while I find the food average I did appreciate the service. They work hard to make you happy.

A chicken thigh or drumstick will have the same "things or funky bits as I call them" no matter where it's served, it's part of the chickens anatomy, which is why so many stick to breasts. You have to get in there either with your fingers and/or forks and pull out or pick out the funky bits. For those of us who love the "dark" meat, that's 1/2 the fun! And yes, Homecomin's chickens are no different. It's painful to watch my 22 year old son eat bone in chicken, he leaves more on the bones than he eats, but I can't be cutting his meat for him the rest of his life! Breast are easier but a totally different taste.

Perhaps I'll just steer my DH to getting those and I can sneak a tiny bite!!

HA!
It's tasty, you'll have a hard time with just a bite, eat the un-funky parts and leave him the rest... :rotfl2:Maybe ask for a breast, as Micca says, maybe they'll accommodate.

I generally prefer white meat but I adore these biscuits! I have never noticed any “things” in them and feel like it’s something I would be sensitive to. It’s a pretty big serving for an appetizer - could easily be a meal. Enjoy!

You could order fried chicken breast and a side of biscuits with honey. I'm sure the restaurant could accommodate you. :earsboy:
I agree with this. Sounds like you will not be comfortable eating the thighs/legs so don’t. I’m sure they will provide you a thigh and biscuits and build your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!