I have to cancel

Cjtigger

Mouseketeer
We got some bad news today and need to cancel our first week of April trip. I called Disney and they said that I can reschedule a room only for another date, cancel the dining plan for just $200 and I get the rest of the money back on original payment. She also said I can do this up until 24 hours of our first day.

Is this correct?

very few discounts the last few years in October, it is a very busy time of year. Also keep in mind that SWGE is opening the end of August; if you don't want to deal with that craziness a cruise might be a better option.

We got some bad news today and need to cancel our first week of April trip. I called Disney and they said that I can reschedule a room only for another date, cancel the dining plan for just $200 and I get the rest of the money back on original payment. She also said I can do this up until 24 hours of our first day.

Is this correct?

Did you speak to Guest Services or someone in reservations? Also, was your package booked using a discount?

Packages can typically be rescheduled using the original $200 deposit. If you cancel your package (rebook as room-only), you will lose your $200 deposit.

Is this correct?

Should I book in October or should I just forget about WDW this year and do a Disney Cruise?

All thoughts are welcome.

I'm so sorry you have to cancel your trip. That's next month and that would just break my heart. :sad1: The fact that you're considering rescheduling in October is GREAT though! :teeth: Can you just rebook your trip in October using the $200 you paid for this trip? Did you have a discount booked with the package? If so, that just means you'll have to pay a little more in paying the trip off before arrival. And as a PP said, remember SWGE is opening in August and I'm sure it's going to be crazy busy for a few months after. Maybe a cruise might be a better option. :p

The CM gave you incorrect information. You can reschedule your package and not lose any money. You may be subject to a $50 change fee but they typically waive that if the cost of your new dates are equal to or greater than your current package. If you outright cancel between 30 and 2 days prior to check in, you lose $200. If you cancel 1 day before or less, you lose everything. If you think you will go sometime in the near future, it’s best to reschedule.

I'd actually look at 1st or 2nd week of November vs. October. If you can't do November, then I'd push it into early 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter