• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have to write it down somewhere!! 1 Week To Go!!!

danalee

You wouldnt understand, its a New Kids thing!
Hello :goodvibes

I just have to write about our upcoming trip, (we leave next friday Sept 17th)and what a better place than here on the Dis were people 'get it" :lmao:

I have never done a Pre-Trip Report before... Dining Reports, oh yeah were foodies, but this is a first!

First up some intro:
Me: I'm Dana A Disney nut, Obsessive Disney Planner, SAHM who owns her own Tastefully Simple Business for the past 8 years that helps with our Disney Trips!
Hubby: I swayed him to the 'Disney Side" back in 94 when we were just dating and he thought Disney was 'Just for Kids" We will be Celebrating our 12th Wedding Anniversary this Trip! :cloud9:
DS: My little Disney Planner in Training! We surprised him with his first trip in August of 2005 for his 6th birthday, he will be 11 on this trip and loves to help me plan our days and dining plan spots! :hug:
DM: My mom, her first Disney trip was in 98 (she, along with my brother) came along on mine & the Hubby's Honeymoon....yes you read that right, our honeymoon :lmao: long story short, she was never able to come we were able to make it happen so we did! She loves hearing all the plans and is my sounding board!
Sara: Her sister was a cusion by marrige in a far out kinda sorta way...(that story is truley to long, lol) but she and I were friends when we were younger, she grew up by my grandparents, after high school she went into the Air Force and just last year retired from the Air Force after 20 years, and moved back home. We now own my grandparents home and she is our neighbor and dear friend! She was at Disney once for 3 days while on leave a few years ago and cant wait to go back!
Jacob: yet another L O N G story...short version... He was born to my second cusion(daughter of the one mentioned above) when she was 14, couldnt be a mom, so we took him in, had him for 3 years, and now she is getting her life together :rolleyes1 and he was "given back" to mom. BUT we chose to try and not be bitter and stay in his life, and I always told him "when you are 6 we will take you to Disney" well he is 6 and next week on his way to Disney!!

Whew....I hope you are still with me

So we started to plan this trip in September of 2008, after our August 08 trip, and it is finally here!!!!

A few things have got in the way, Jan 1st 2009 hubby had a massive heart attack, scariest thing ever...he was 39..but by the grace of god, we were allowed to keep him and he is is doing AMAZING!! It has been a long road, but a road I would travel again, I am blessed :love:
In March 2010 my DM was diagonsed with Breast Cancer, in April the tumor was removed and she started chemo :sad2: yet another long, hard road but we stayed strong for her and she is now in the radiation phase and also doing AMAZING!! Again we were truley blessed :cloud9:

So with both of those events Disney was always something that kept everyone going, when days were dark with sickness, no strenth and just the blues we would get out some disney pics, talk about what we could'nt wait to do again and what we wanted to try new :grouphug:

We still planned and dreamed this trip would still happen, and IT WILL!!!
We leave Next Friday about midnight to start the drive down!

We have never diven before (we live in PA) but with everything going on and ticket prices we kinda thought it best to forgo the airlines and plan on driving

At first I was like "Are you flipping kidding me" DRIVE, sweet baby jesus NO, WE ARE NOT DRIVING...welll...:rolleyes1 I lost :rolleyes: and we ARE driving :lmao:

the boys are excited to go through different states and my mom is too, and here is a kicker..Sara you know the one that spent 20 years in the Air Force...wait for it...HATES TO FLY!!!! ok are ya kidding me, hates to fly?? well if that dont tweedle your dee??? Who Knew???

Sooooo, Next Friday we load up van and head to WDW (ok I just caught myself singing the Beverly Hillbilly theme :rotfl:)
Will it be a great trip down or a headache on wheels!!!

Whatever the outcome of the drive, on Saturday September 18th we will be checking into Port Orleans French Quarter, the same hotel we (all 4 of us) spent our Honeymoon 12 years ago :grouphug:

So if your still with me, here is what are days are looking like:
*Saturday 18th: Check in and off to Animal Kingdom!
Late Lunch @ Yak-n-Yeti never been and cant wait to try those fried wontons popcorn::
*Sunday 19th EPCOT day! It our Anniversary and I love Epcot, so thats were we are headed!
Breakfast: Sunshine Seasons no doubt we hit at least once a trip and our never disappointed!
Lunch: Snacking around the world, hubby Loves fish from Yorkshire Fish Shop and love Mexican so hoping to hit the new place over there!
Dinner: Teppan Edo never been and love our local place like this, the kids are excited for this one!
*Monday 20th: DISNEY STUDIOS day! Tower of Terror baby! YES!! my favorite ride, my mom hates it but loves it, she complains the entire time in line but wouldnt not ride it :lmao:
Breakfast: Most likely at the hotel food court, but that could change!
Lunch: Sci Fi Cafe my DS's favorite place! He loves this place, and I know sometimes it get a bad rap but we always have good food & service and a great time!
Dinner: Downtown Disney somewhere! We all like Earl of Sandwich so I am sure will eat there at some point, but I really want to at some point try Wolfgang Pucks. So either or I am guessing!
*Tuesday 21st MAGIC KINGDOM day! We also will be attending MNSSHP tonight!! Yeah!! Myself, hubby, DS & mom attended the party in 06 and loved it, so we are treating everyone tonight! We are all dressing up too! If your there look for the...Box Of Crayons! My mom is the box and we are all each a different color crayon!! Should be Fun :wizard:
Breakfast/Lunch: Have to say not sure, Main Street Bakery if we are early most likely for some breakfast grub, and maybe Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills for Lunch, timing will be a factor. We may wait and hit the park later since we are doing MNSSHP and do Breakfast/Lunch at the hotel or Downtown Disney!
Dinner: Crystal Palace :lovestruc I love Pooh and Hubby and I had our 'romantic dinner" here on our honeymoon, yeah he planned that and had no idea there were character there, he thought it sounded romantic :rotfl: Now you know why I plan and he just follows along! BUT never the less we all the CP and will be here before our evening at the party!
*Wednesday 22nd WHATEVER DAY we always have one of these in the middle of our trip, the "plan" is the boys want to go fishing over at PO Riverside in the morning and then maybe a Water Park later. My mom and I are big on the waterpark idea so we will lounge by the pool, shop or who knows what!
Breakfast/Lunch: again up in the air and depending on what our whatever day brings us!
Dinner: T-Rex the kids, well and us to, cant wait to check out the place! We have been to Rainforest Cafe and while the food wasnt the shining star you just cant be the storms and the themeing!
*Thursday 23rd ANIMAL KINGDOM day! We will be spending the day here, our first day was only half a day with a late lunch so I'm sure lots was missed and we love the YETI :upsidedow
Breakfast: Donalds @ Tusker House This is my DS's favorite charactor meal! He loves all the choices and we love getting into AK early so we can eat and hit the Kilimanjaro Safari!
Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ I am guessing, we like it and my mom and hubby love the ribs!
Dinner: Planet Hollywood is the plan, Jacob wants to eat in the "big world thingie" we were here years ago and liked it well enough so why not!
*Friday 24th EPCOT / MAGIC KINGDOM our next to the last day is always split up, its kinda like a "do your favorite" kinda day! Me, mom & sara want to explore the countries, ya know shopping ;) and the boys like the mountains, spalsh, space & big thunder! We will all start out in Epcot as hubby wanted to eat in Italy!
Breakfast: Maybe Sunshine Season?
Lunch: Tutti Italia never been and hubby want to try it! we're game!!
Dinner: well this could be a number of places as we maybe still spilt, so this one is up in the air!
*Saturday 25th LAST DAY :sad1: I know but everybody gets one....We always spend the last day in Magic Kingdom, I think it says Disney to us like no other so since we have to say good bye & C-YA real soon, we do it here!
Breakfast: Ohana's with Lilo & Stitch we love ohana's for dinner and have never been for breakfast plus this was Sara'a pick!

So after the afternoon in the Magic Kingdom, we will start back on "roadtrip" home :grouphug:

I hope you guys enjoyed a little peek at our upcoming trip and I plan on doing a trip report as well as a dining report when we get back so maybe our trip will help someone out or if your like me, just reading about Disney makes me happy!!!

Take Care Everyone & C-Ya Real Soon :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter