I just booked an October 2020 Cruise as a Gamble

Status
Not open for further replies.
25% isn't really costing them - prices next year are increased. This guarantees people will come and give thier money next year. Plus people feel like they got something for nothing so it creates good will. I shudder at the thought of by how much merch/drinks/excursions/spa treatments will increase to pay for everything that happened this year..... thats before they have a new island to pay for!

I have no right to be upset. Yet, I have been for weeks. It doesn’t affect/effect me in anyway. I’m still upset that a comment was made on DISboards referencing the loss of Halloween festivities at the WDW parks, inferring that cruises would be the best alternative.
I feel that gave hope to people whom were looking for a Disney Halloween and now have the rug pulled out from under them, again.
I’m upset with myself for being upset. But people got excited! Saw a little light at the end of the tunnel from a person whom seemed in authority so it must be true!
I’m just so darn upset that someone created Disney Magic where there was none. I hate to see a dream crushed. And that was too risky a dream to announce like it was a lock and going to happen.
I assume they just had bad intel and made an announcement off that, but hearts have been broken now. No amount of pixie dust, even 125%, will fix that.

At first they were giving out 140% when it was on them and not on the CDC. There was one cruise that got 140% just for missing 2 ports (what a deal). There was really no push back from the heard when they bumped it down to 125%, so it's possible they could lower it, especially if this thing is going to last into next year. To me, I don't get why they give out an extra 25% for the CDC ban, that is something beyond their control. Now a self imposed ban is different, that's them choosing not to sail and cancelling your cruise, a cruise that they've had your money for over a year, so in that case, to me, that feels more warranted for a an extra %.

If you are referring to the WBPC cruise not we didn’t get 140%. That would suggest that we received refunds of our total cruise fare plus extra which isn’t what happened. We were refunded port fees for the missed ports (3 not 2) and 10% of our cruise fare because we arrived in San Diego early. We were also offered 40% off a future cruise.

Now I am not saying that the offer wasn’t generous (time will tell if anyone will actually be able to sail for 40% off as more of the eligible cruises get cancelled) but no it wasn’t 140 percent fcc.

We were also offered 40% off a future cruise.

Oh my, yes I meant 40% not 140%. Which was a great deal and way better than our offer now. The 40% was even better the more you spent, you could save tens of thousands on a future cruise depending on what room/itinerary. That was a very generous deal. Wish they would dust that one back off.

Oh my, yes I meant 40% not 140%. Which was a great deal and way better than our offer now. The 40% was even better the more you spent, you could save tens of thousands on a future cruise depending on what room/itinerary. That was a very generous deal. Wish they would dust that one back off.
Yea I think that was only offered to us because it was only our sailing and wouldn’t be setting any precedent that they’d need to deal with later.

I don't get why they give out an extra 25% for the CDC ban, that is something beyond their control.
I don't think it's about fairness so much for them as it is about encouraging customers to rebook rather than request a refund.

There're very unlikely to stop offering it. That would cause them to have to make a lot more refunds.

I agree....but I’m more curious about whether OP got 125% back because I *could* see them saying that you don’t get the extra 25% if you booked amidst the cancellations....you know what I mean?

I agree....but I’m more curious about whether OP got 125% back because I *could* see them saying that you don’t get the extra 25% if you booked amidst the cancellations....you know what I mean?
Still waiting for an email from them. I will reply here when I have a resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter