I just booked an October 2020 Cruise as a Gamble

Status
Not open for further replies.
The person I quoted said no refund offer was given. Beyond all that...

@ShuckyDarn1955 it is only maybe worth it if you are going on another DCL next summer or later no matter what. Even then there are some risks and drawbacks. For instance, my crystal ball is broken so I could not predict what a wacky year 2020 was going to be. All of my travel plans have been blown to smithereens and I'm still a little shaky about making plans for me and whomever else I might be booked with this year (since FCC cannot be transferred to other people). But I definitely wouldnt be rebooking before late spring next year because it seems that when you are on a second rebook things get way murkier if there is another cancellation.

Definitely crazy times....we are 'hoping' to re-book a European cruise next summer'ish.....you're right, no idea of even then we will be able to cruise.....never been on a trip to Europe, were s'posed to go to London in December for a college basketball game-canxed. So now we hope to do either a British Isles or a Med....we're keeping our fingers crossed, but agree, nobody knows what the future holds with this evil virus.....hope you and your family are and stay healthy!
kp

Our cruise booked for 2021 is not more expensive than 2020. We booked via Costco Travel. We have had nothing but positive experiences with Costco Travel over the last five years. (First use was 2015. That experience sold us.)

Our cruise booked for 2021 is not more expensive than 2020. We booked via Costco Travel. We have had nothing but positive experiences with Costco Travel over the last five years. (First use was 2015. That experience sold us.)

Just know that Costco doesn't have anything to do with pricing though. Disney pricing is the same no matter where you book. If your 2021 cruise fare didn't change, it's just because that's the current fare.

Costco just shares some of the commission they receive from Disney, in the current form of their shop card.

Look there are 2 Norwegian ships that started sailing again and now they have a ton of Covid cases. THey are now regretting the decision. Once you are at sea and have Covid cases you could be stuck at sea until you have gone 28 days without having a covid case on board

I booked a 2021 cruise as a replacement for my 2020 cruise that will be canceled in the next canceled batch. With the 125% I will upgrade from oceanview to verandah without paying more.

If I compare oceanview to oceanview cabin, the 2021 will be cheaper for us, but I think that is mainly due to booking on opening day for 2021 and not for 2020.

So this gamble might work out well in some cases but not all.

Just know that Costco doesn't have anything to do with pricing though. Disney pricing is the same no matter where you book. If your 2021 cruise fare didn't change, it's just because that's the current fare.

Costco just shares some of the commission they receive from Disney, in the current form of their shop card.
You are correct. Costco has nothing to do with setting the price. I was responding to the post that stated the price would go up. I was just clarifying that not all have gone up. The "shop" card for one of our adventures was $350.00 per person and the other $400.00. Per person that is exceptional, in my opinion. Also, if there are multiple trips to the same location listed for differing prices as DVC members you are given the lowest of the differing prices no matter which sailing or trip. I am not sure if this comes via Disney or Costco but either way this is also a savings IF you are going to travel on a week with a higher price point.

You are correct. Costco has nothing to do with setting the price. I was responding to the post that stated the price would go up. I was just clarifying that not all have gone up. The "shop" card for one of our adventures was $350.00 per person and the other $400.00. Per person that is exceptional, in my opinion. Also, if there are multiple trips to the same location listed for differing prices as DVC members you are given the lowest of the differing prices no matter which sailing or trip. I am not sure if this comes via Disney or Costco but either way this is also a savings IF you are going to travel on a week with a higher price point.
What's a "shop" card?

What's a "shop" card?

Costco gives you a shop card, which is just another name for a gift card. I don't really know why they call it that, except it can't be used for anything else but shopping at Costco. You cannot use it to buy anything from Costco Travel.

A shop card is nothing more than a Costco gift card. A few years ago I was skeptical about booking via Costco for our first Adventures by Disney to Alaska. I can attest the process via Costco was excellent AND our Adventures by Disney Alaska trip was great!! Our group had two guides and was limited to 30 people. This was an all inclusive trip except we did tip our guides generously at the conclusion of our trip. This is not a trip on a big ship. This is a land trip. You can read the Alaska trip itinerary online. This adventure was even better than it sounds online.

Keep us in mind for those that are doing the gambling on the future cruise credit, that credit is only good for those persons. Example we were refunded for our Hawaiian cruise- only my mother and I were booked. I have been thinking about taking the cruise credit for a family cruise on the fantasy but that credit was only applicable to my mother and My Cruise portion. Not my kids.

More than 125% would be cool, especially since it's self imposed ban and not CDC ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!