I just booked an October 2020 Cruise as a Gamble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like cruises through Oct. 31 2020 will now be canceled
Yes.:guilty:
Our Cruise is November 30, I wonder if it will sail. I think not, but hope it will. It’s a Merrytime Cruise, and we really enjoy those.

I booked a HOHS cruise on the Wonder in mid October 2020 as a gamble today. I'm thinking that either it will be allowed to sail and the ship will be way less crowded than normal, or the CDC will not allow cruises in October and I get a credit to be used towards a future cruise.

Does anyone know how far in advance the CDC typically issues guidelines if they are going to cancel October Cruises? Also, I wonder if CA will have their own regulations.

I'm actually hoping we do sail and they have good safety measures in place. Also curious when the cruise safety guidelines will be released.
It absolutely paid off. I will get a 125% future cruise credit.

Your OP said you were hoping it does sail. I guess all along you were just hoping to bilk DCL out of an extra 25%. BTW, I hadnt heard for certain that was continued.

Your OP said you were hoping it does sail. I guess all along you were just hoping to bilk DCL out of an extra 25%. BTW, I hadnt heard for certain that was continued.

I hadn't heard that offer was being continued either. I would find it strange that Disney would allow someone to book, during the pandemic, and then give them a bonus when the cruise was canceled.

This was posted just a few minutes ago on another thread:

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/new...-cancels-all-sailings-through-september-30th/

More than 125% would be cool, especially since it's self imposed ban and not CDC ban.

Very unlikely they will offer anything higher even if it is a cruiseline imposed ban as they would then get some very annoyed people who were cancelled by CDC complaining as to how is it fair.

Disney has yet to release any statement according to this so we still don't know details. I'd be surprised if they didn't offer the 25% extra mind

Very unlikely they will offer anything higher even if it is a cruiseline imposed ban as they would then get some very annoyed people who were cancelled by CDC complaining as to how is it fair.

At first they were giving out 140% when it was on them and not on the CDC. There was one cruise that got 140% just for missing 2 ports (what a deal). There was really no push back from the heard when they bumped it down to 125%, so it's possible they could lower it, especially if this thing is going to last into next year. To me, I don't get why they give out an extra 25% for the CDC ban, that is something beyond their control. Now a self imposed ban is different, that's them choosing not to sail and cancelling your cruise, a cruise that they've had your money for over a year, so in that case, to me, that feels more warranted for a an extra %.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter