I just called Spoodles

Sorry to interrupt the tipping debate but has anyone gotten a definative answer on sharing at Spoodles? We'll have 1TS left to use and currently plan to use it there. If we can't share I need an ADR somewhere else!

Thanks!

Jennifer, You could do two things. One call Disney and see what the policy is. We were told that sharing is fine and in fact normally encouraged.

You could also try calling Spoodles directly and tell them exactly what you want to do and see what they say.

I am looking for the number. If I find it I will call and see what they say.

CoolDisneyCat said:
Seems like to me that sharing the dining plan is a bit like trying to beat the system. Disney makes everyone in the room be on the plan for a reason.

Are you kidding? So, even though it is too much food you should just buy it anyway? What is the point of that? For instance, on our next trip DD will be 11. She is a tiny little thing and will not be able to eat all of that food. I should not eat all of that food so there WILL be times we will share meals whether at CS or TS. I always tip well, so that is not an issue, but heck if I am going to pay 2 TS credits when she and I share a meal. That is just ridiculous.

Well maybe disney should cut back on the food....pick an appetizer or dessert! That would be fine with me. We don't need four appetizers and four desserts! Even if you share what will you do with all those extra credits? Just more food:) :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Boardwalk Tigger said:
Well maybe disney should cut back on the food....pick an appetizer or dessert! That would be fine with me. We don't need four appetizers and four desserts! Even if you share what will you do with all those extra credits? Just more food:) :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Oh no! Do not cut back on the food! Trying all the new things that you would ordinarily not pick is half the fun of the dining plan. :banana:

And as I explained earlier, when we share we use the extra credits for dinner shows! :thumbsup2

I hope that this was just one off night that you had and not a trend. We plan on sharing lots of meals on our trip in August. Mostly because our twins will be 2 and therefore not eligible for the Dining Plan but they obviously still eat. My son is your typical nuggets & fries kind of kid so we'll most likely have to pay extra for his meal most nights but his twin is very adventurous and she can easily share with me and DH. Hopefully no one gives us any trouble :confused3

Boardwalk Tigger said:

The idea is flexibility--I do not want to eat the same things as my 11yo, and I want to actually get dessert before it is a melted tub of goo--which is what I get when I share with DD!

Jumping into to foray here, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with the dining plan. We have eaten at Spoodles with and without the dining plan, and think it is one of the few restaurants that has the annoying shared plate charge. You can split an appetizer or dessert with no problem, but the entree has a $5 extra plate charge. I think we got through the last time by ordering a soup OOP and then not asking to split the meal. (used the extra plate under the soup:) Don't try to buck the system, just like to eat a variety of meals!

Why are they one of the few that have a shared plate charge? Are they not Disney owned?

kaybird said:
Jumping into to foray here, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with the dining plan. We have eaten at Spoodles with and without the dining plan, and think it is one of the few restaurants that has the annoying shared plate charge. You can split an appetizer or dessert with no problem, but the entree has a $5 extra plate charge. I think we got through the last time by ordering a soup OOP and then not asking to split the meal. (used the extra plate under the soup:) Don't try to buck the system, just like to eat a variety of meals!

I don't mind a plate charge. I may even order my own OOP entree. DH is an excellent tipper. It's just that we'll have this 1TS credit left and I want to make sure we can dine here and use only 1 TS credit. There will only be 1TS left on the card and we don't want to be refused service and have to try to find somewhere to use it at the last minute. So....Has any couple/family been able to dine at Spoodles with only 1 TS credit lately?

Thanks

I called Spoodles this morning to get right to the facts. If you want to verify anything I am saying the number is 407-939-2383. I spoke to a manager named Debbie.

I asked first for her to look at a menu and see if there is a plate sharing charge. She said that there was no charge to share meals or get an extra plate but that she would read over the menu and check for it. I waited while she did so and there is NO plate sharing charge at this restaurant. :thumbsup2

Next I asked about sharing of meals when using TS credits as part of the Disney Dining Plan. She said that at this time the sharing of credits is prefectly acceptable. She said there has been some confusion and some of the servers are having a hard time understanding it. She wanted to know if we had had a problem and I explained it all to her. She asked for our name so she could determine who served us so that she could correct the problem.

Next I asked how the tips were determined and she said that the tip is based on 18% of your bill total and has nothing to do with the number of TS credits you have used.

With this information, I am going to assume that what happened to us was simply confusion on the part of two different servers and that we can now safetly add Spoodles back to our list of favorite places :love: to eat on the Dining Plan. :banana:

Woohoo! :woohoo: Thanks Twende! That's great news. I suppose the real answer here is if anyone gives you a problem ask to see a supervisor. I hate to do that but if it means saving $$ I will.

Twende said:
I called Spoodles this morning to get right to the facts. If you want to verify anything I am saying the number is 407-939-2383. I spoke to a manager named Debbie...................
Next I asked about sharing of meals when using TS credits as part of the Disney Dining Plan. She said that at this time the sharing of credits is prefectly acceptable.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I had visions of us there on our last day with 1 TS credit and nowhere to use it! I saved your info. and am going to call Spoodles closer to our date.

Thanks again!

Thanks Twende for making the call. I'm excited we will be able to eat here with no trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter