I know of a place...TR Jan 2020

ilovedisneymm

DIS Veteran
One minute you are having the world’s most okayiest vacation in the Gulf Shores and wondering what you should do. Do we cut the beach vacation short and just head home, or what?! Heck no, I have been, no we have been working too darn hard this past year to turn tail and go home. Oh, wait....I have an idea. I know of a place...

And just like that...

Disney bound, my friends!

Checking in today in a full hookup loop will be here Jan 5 - Jan 10.

I’m sorry I haven’t posted in a long time. I have greatly limited my screen time in order to get more done! Do more! We are growing more on the farm than ever before and becoming more self-reliant daily. We have been building grain bins, chicken coops, sheds, playhouses in the woods, you name it. We also expanded the row crops and cattle farming to include chickens. We have always had chickens, but now have more chickens than I can count...and I’m loving it.

almost there...

8A3B7F3A-E894-4CDE-AEE2-8A05538DCB14.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome back!

I always love your trip reports. Tenting again this trip? I don't see anything out the back window.

It sounds like you had a good growing season. Last I heard, the Spring rains were so bad you weren't sure if you could get any crops in. Everything down by us turned out good. Late, but good.

I can't wait to hear about your stay.

j

2019 was the worst planting season ever recorded in history. We muddied our way through it both planting and harvest time. Amazingly, crops yielded well. Grain prices however, that’s another story.

We did indeed bring down the camper. Why do people say, “If you don’t be careful you’ll end up living in a van down by the river?” As if that’s a bad thing or something...

Sign me up!

Cocoa Beach this morning. On our way to check in at the fort now.

correction - this is not Cocoa Beach. We were headed there and this place looked nice enough to pull into with the the camper.

A582D1B5-7237-491D-B3DC-702005FC5077.jpeg

4B5858D3-400B-4AE0-9A2D-0FE018C4D6E2.jpeg

Last edited:

Arrived later in the day than anticipated, but for showing up less than 48 hours from scheduling the reservation, I would say we’re doing better than ok. Check in was uneventful. We did the pull through check in this time. I usually enjoy the walk in part, but we have been on the road for over a week now just messing around from place to place and wore out from the drive the day before. Three kids in tow will do that. Someone always has to pee! Thank God for a bathroom in the camper. Pulling a camper half way across the country may cost a pretty penny in fuel, but when no one ever has to touch a public restroom, I’d call it priceless.

Guess my site? Here’s a tip. It’s the best one in all of Fort Wilderness! Full hookup.

E4A0B96E-E091-4E27-989D-C93017D59724.jpeg

We rented a golf cart from Disney and even though the price is ridiculous, they have upgraded the carts. They are nice and more rugged. The new carts look like they can withstand the daily heavy duty wear they must get. Our kids drive ours nonstop to and from the cattle farm like savages, and we didn’t pull it down with us. I’m happy with the rental and not feeling guilty about not pulling our own down.

Because we didn’t check in till 3 and it was after 4 before I could get Charlotte down for a nap, I didn’t get the camper cleaned up and our site the way I wanted it till after 5. Hubby took Grace and Daniel lopping and down to get to get their gift card for spending allowances while I cleaned.

It was dark by then so we looped a while, had a delicious greasy dinner and watched the big screen.

984307C3-2D4B-4E40-B9B9-24117316484B.jpeg

F3A9A469-A88A-4758-9051-1E2CB8352190.jpeg

2995464E-A58D-4FBE-893A-E1F68BC25719.jpeg

Last edited:

My husband and I did a Disney trip last April with no reservations before arrival. I am curious to see how your trip with a larger group goes-assuming you are going into the parks.

Jim - I like to walk on the scary side :)

@cruising spud - each kid gets to pick a “something special” they want to do. Our youngest, Charlotte, wants to do the zoo. So naturally, Animal Kingdom it will be. After the day has settled, I’m going to get on the MDE and purchase single day tickets and hope for the best on the fast passes :) I’ll keep you posted.

We slept in a little because hubby and I were up late enjoying the site and sounds of the Fort after dark ;)

Anyone know why you never see any Tom turkeys at the Fort? You see hens and jakes, but never a Tom.

Hubby took kids fishing and I made a feast of a breakfast. Then we went looping, took a boat to MK, walked to Floridian and shopped a bit. From there we monorailed it everywhere. Then took a couple buses and over to Disney Springs we went. Grace wanted some baked goods from Amorettes. Had a very late lunch at Deluxe Burger and waddled around a bit after that. On the bus now to Wilderness Lodge and taking a boat back to the fort doc to fetch the cart. Kids are going swimming with husband and Charlotte and I are going down for a nap.

4C79B395-51C4-47F5-B258-E659EEE0251D.jpeg

8AE5B751-4809-425D-9E53-54E08AD3766D.jpeg

Last edited:
They sure are. Grace 11, Daniel 9, Charlotte is now 3! lil Daniel looks like he’s 12, I know! He’s a growing boy and will likely be 6 ft 6/7 in like his dad. Charlotte was sleeping when we took this.

View attachment 463223

It's nice that you have this body of visits, mm, over the past couple years to reinforce the memories for your kids and all these pictures to revist.

My kids are all in their 20s now but still recall past trip memories which was nice to hear over the recent holiday season.

This reminds me of the old Kodak theme song "Makin' Memories" in the show area of Journey Into Imagination Theater before the Michael Jackson/Captain Eo 3D movie took it over decades ago that we saw and sang to:

Making memories, making memories
Taking pictures is making memories
Catching little pieces of times
Making them yours, making them mine
Great vacations and celebrations
Can fade away in a year
But when we're making memories
Happy days are always here

You and Dan are makin' memories for your kids. Very nice.

Bama Ed

Thank you, Ed.

Kids had a blast at the pool. They met a couple friends and away they swam (per hubby). They didn’t get back till after 8, so a quick to go dinner it was. We did Trails End to go side and watched the water parade. I see they have a few new items; little strawberry tarts and s’mores tarts, yummy. I got a glimpse at the potato bar, and now I’m tempted to do a sit down TE meal.

Still the best value in my opinion. 8 piece dinner ($3 more they will do all breast), 2 sides, 4 pieces of corn bread. I added an extra side of corn bread and strawberry shortcake to share. $42 - deal!

Tomorrow is an all fort day! When we planned or I mean lack there of, we didn’t have any set agenda or high expectations - just show up, enjoy the fort, take a few boat rides, tour the resorts, monorail it until we can’t no more, swim, watch a Disney movie, eat food truck and TE, and just enjoy it. It wasn’t until after check in hubby suggested that we should take Charlotte to AK. We will just stick to one day in the parks and just enjoy the time we are here.

We did six trips in five years, it was time to take a break. I’m not sorry we didn’t make it down the last two January’s, but I sure am glad we didn’t turn back and go home this January. We are already planning next year’s trip.

6D903A2F-9388-4F92-8910-10A091E4A94D.jpeg

Last edited:
I sure am glad we didn’t turn back and go home this January. We are already planning next year’s trip.
The place kind of does that to you.

We had a brief, 4 day trip this past September. Only 2020 plans are for the DIS Meet in October, but hoping DW works a couple of conferences that are in Orlando this Spring.

j

Why no Tom turkeys-----Now this is only a guess, but during our last Disney trip, I spent quite a bit of time talking to a cast member who was involved with the Living Seas in Epcot. One of the bits of info that she gave me was that the majority of animals in Disney are female. Disney is also involved in a country/world-wide/not sure which, animal swap with other zoos and animal sanctuaries. So perhaps the male turkeys are removed (where else would those turkey drumsticks come from).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter